Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I create a simple, concrete tech tree for this game?

No, let's do this impromptu.
- 3 (75%)
Yes, it would be good to know exactly where everything stands.
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds - New Players Welcome  (Read 5314 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dawn of Worlds - New Players Welcome
« on: March 09, 2011, 02:28:30 am »

Welcome to a new session of Dawn of Worlds!

Before joining the game, be sure to read the Basic Game Rules and the House Rules below. Please PM me or post in the OOC thread with any questions you might have. Also, here is the link to Invisible Castle, which we will be using for dice rolls.

House Rules
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Table of Powers

God Sheet Layout

Player Roster
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:31:06 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds (2 Openings Left!)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:05:24 pm »

It has begun...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:09:41 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:34:01 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2927096/ (9)

Argo looks down upon the fresh world, so clean and unmarred. He has no foothold on it. This cannot be stood for! He'd lazily survey the flat. Boring, Landscape. No Challenge there.  He sets about for the center and raises a mountain range through the center   No. Not done yet He would mumble to himself as he brings his own aura to those mountains, creating a virtual tundra where few hearty things survive. Knowing he had made his mark he would lean back, allowing the other God's to do their work. Hopefully not stupid. ( The three complete hexes south of the little island and the three to the left, So Six hexes, I'm Saving my remaining 3 power.)
Raggle Fraggle

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »

The Great Cog slowly spun though the though the cosmos peering though time and space. Soon It found The World. It looked at The World and Saw. It Saw the flat planes and the deep oceans. It Saw the World clean of both the influences of the Dread Chaos, but also lacking in the Devine Order. For an age It pondered this world. The slow inscrutable gears of It’s mind slowly, ever so slowly coming to a decision. This world is one It would fight for. This world is one were It would bring the Devine Order. So It descended. It Saw that another God had already laid claim to part of this world, leaving a area sheathed in ice and snow. It did not sense the Evil of Chaos in this God. It knew this God was not one of the Gods that fought the fight of Order and Chaos. It did not know if this God was going to help or hinder, so It left the God alone. It moved away from the mountains of frost and snow to a place where the climate was of a more normal degree there he moved down, imprinting the ground with the very image of  Itself. This was to be the new bastion of Order in this world.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:23 pm »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2927137/ (6)

Rarbor uses all her power to create surewire forest.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 09:52:39 pm »

Raggle Fraggle

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:22:45 pm »

Spoiler: hows this Riccto? (click to show/hide)
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »

(Danke.)
Raggle Fraggle

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 10:57:30 pm »

The Great Cog lifted Itself from the ground. It pulled the ground up with It, raising shear cliffs and a hidden valley. The valley of order. It Saw that it was good. This would be the bastion of Order in the times to come. A fortress of Order.

And so It rested.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 11:50:05 pm »

2d6=4

Amidst the flatlands along the eastern coast, the ground began to rumble ominously. A massive bulge of earth rose to the sky and burst, raining clumps loose dirt for miles around. When the dust had settled, out from below lumbered the Great Choob in all Its Majesty.

Choob surveyed his surroundings. To the northwest, there stood a curious rise of earth where It sensed the presence of Another, and beyond that a rather demented looking mountain range.

Moments later It had forgotten both entirely, and fancying Itself a good stretch, began to roll and scamper about, Its majestic bulk carving long hills and sloped plains all along the coast land. Where ever Choob so frolicked, It left behind a thin layer coarse white fur, springing into tall, abyssal grasslands.

Altering Terrain (-4)

Power = 0

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 11:30:28 am »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2928015/ (5+6=11)
Rillip looked upon the lands the gods were forming and saw that the plains to the south were empty and flat. Someday great merchant cities might lay there and where fat merchants tread robbers would follow, best to give them somewhere to hide then, he thought.
 Land shaping:11-2=9 (Making hills/mountains.)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:52:54 am by quip »
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 11:35:02 am »

Is this turn okay? I suck at using paint, those lines are supposed to be hills.

(Post in OOC thread next time)

((Normally, yes- just fill in the hex with a reasonable color too, and mind the last turn. You're using Criptfeind's map- you'll want to use mine. ;) ))

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 11:43:42 am »

I WOULD like to be in, but I cannot at the moment..
So I'll just post this to watch.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »

The Great Cog slowly spun over the world. It Saw as more Gods poured into the new world. To the west It Felt a God, crouching with great fangs and many fold legs, raise up from the ground life. Green life erupted into the world as trees came to the call of the God. To the south It Felt a God burst from the ground, spreading creation and smaller life where it went. Further to the south another God was felt. A darker more threatening God. This disturbed The Great Cog and set It to spinning faster as It Felt the dark presence to the south raise up It's Powers, as great as even The Great Cog, but the Darkness did not fall on the land as only a small amount of Power was used to raise the land. The Great Cog was relived that the God did not have any Dark intentions at this time.

Still The Great Cog Knew the time may come where a battle would erupt, and so It set to spinning faster. And faster. And faster. Soon The Great Cog was only a blur above the ground as It whipped the winds with Godly might. Soon a mighty tornado, the biggest this world has ever seen, was swirling beneath It. It let the tornado go and it lashed across the land destroying the very ground and pulling all the moisture from the land itself, leaving behind only a sandy parched wasteland. The godly tornado returned to the center of the The Cog Plateau and dumped the water it had gathered into the center. Then it slowly slowly spun down until it was only a gentle rush of air over the ground. The Great Cog used his Godly Power again and turned the gusts of wind into a flat sheet that blanketed the ground, then in a flash of Power the wind was gone, in it's place the ground had turned to Iron with the waters collecting at center of the plane.

The Great Cog looked at the devastation left by the tornado, a grand desert surrounding The Plateau. With no temperature regulation in the form of water vapor and only a sand ground, plus a small nudge from The Great Cog the desert soon reached scorching temperature during the day and freezing during the night, other then the easternmost part of course, with the cold winds whipping down from the icy mountains that part of the desert stayed below freezing at all times during the day and night, not that there was any water to freezing.

The Great Cog Saw this was good, for few armies of Chaos would be able to reach It's stronghold now. Still to be safe It started to very slowly Push the edges of It's desert to the south, soon it would form a massive barrier between It's realm and the realm of the God it has Felt.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 03:42:58 pm »

( 7 +3 +1 apparent bonus  = 11 total.)

Argo's looks down on the world and makes an expression that would pass for a frown. He had staked his claim in this fresh land. And so have the other God's, Right next to himself. And they both must make environments anti-thesis of his own? One for the point of having a scamper about, How silly, The other for some hopeful plan, Another for no reason. And the last, A Fortress? Against what? A impractical waste of power to Argo's senses. But as he looks down to his majestic range he realizes that, The Wall has no keeper. Something must be done to remedy this.

He swoops down towards his domain, examining all the endurance and lack of waste in those creatures who reside there, And he thought it was practical. But, He needs something to prevent the other beings from encroaching there. To prevent any attempts to tame the majestic land and who were unfit to survive. The rams will not keep them out, The foxes will not keep them out. No, He needs to create a creature with enough mastery of the environment as he So he starts with a large bear, his pelt of purest white, and changes it, slowly and surely, giving it powerful and elongated limbs and a humanoid torso as to bound across the realm it calls home, powerful jaws with jutting tusks and hands to brutally slay intruders and a thick hide to repel most attacks. But most importantly, it gave it the power to think and make rational decisions, To Judge those who do enter and allow those who have the will to survive to pass but to slay those who wish the land harm. He named this creation edelachtbare and it was practical and Argos was tired so he rested
(1, Created Avatar so I dont think I need to edit map.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:32:23 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: [1] 2 3 4