Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 263407 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2790 on: July 16, 2017, 06:22:22 pm »

At least exploration can be done alone easily.

I don't know how viable it is right now but it might be a low risk training exercise. Just use a t1 (or t2 if you don't mind the 20 mill) scan frigate.

I actually used the sisters frigate, but I wanted to PvP as well.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: July 16, 2017, 06:50:19 pm »

Yeah, Astero is super nice.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: July 16, 2017, 06:55:04 pm »

Just not when you are new to WHs.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: July 16, 2017, 09:04:12 pm »

i would recommend the most durable ship you can bring that can both mantain damage and tank and also have the space for the exploration equipment.

if you're an alpha that also means no cloak. its a free slot but still, more dangerous.

best runs in wormholes for me have been as alpha at the start of the year. it was a simple daytripping from empire space but still. checking the holes, watching who would come and go and trying to keep up from being warped on have been enough to pump adrenaline.

i did those with a Maller, can run C1 anomalies just fine if you pick the right sites. the probe scanner takes out a turret space so its a bit sad on damage.

if you want something faster i think. a Navy Augoror would get the job done since it gets BC lvls of tank and the slots to spare on probe launcher/cloak. Gnosis is also a possible investment but since its slow as fuck i'd rather use the faction cruiser.

i didnt use mobile depot for this. people will recommend it, but unless you plan to live in WH space i dont see the point.

you will probably get more bang for your buck with the exploration sites. i liked the challenge of killing sleeper drones but since alphas cant use salvage drones i had to loot them only. blue loot is lightweight, the only issue is filling the cargo since it takes a lot of time to finish the sites and you may only find a handfull of the sites you can actually do.

most of the people that claims about the bountifull in that space either belong to a corporation or an alliance that roll the high end holes for farming, or have subscription active so they can run higher end wormholes in stuff like Rattlesnakes, T3 cruisers and other expensive vessels.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:11:15 pm by xaritscin »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: July 17, 2017, 02:50:01 am »

With a mobile Depot you could have refitted to salvagers and tractors and got the rest of the loot.
Just don't forget to bookmark a wreck when the site is done.

I used it to refit for PvP when I was attacking and to store my loot between sites.
So I lost my astero? Well, at least the 80mil loot are still there and I can pick it up in a cheap frigate.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: July 17, 2017, 10:43:22 am »

i usually keep bookmarks because i used a mobile tractor for pulling and looting. i try to do the anomalies as fast as i can, loot them and then exit the hole.

i'd really like to try and live in one, but there's so much traffic going on in them and anomalies are so hard to come by and finish, that i think it would be just better to live in a secluded low sec system.

if the Arbitrator could tank well and the drones could survive it would be a good investment. but from what i've seen, even Faction Drones die in a few shots from the sleeper machines. im not sure if the 40% in hitpoints and damage would do anything.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:53:38 am by xaritscin »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: July 17, 2017, 10:49:10 am »

No, actually. The higher level of wormhole you reside in, the quieter it gets, with the exception of C2 wormholes, which tend to be heavily populated because of their useful K-space connections.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2797 on: July 17, 2017, 02:41:29 pm »

Wouldn't dropping a citadel in a wormhole make it much easier to live there?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 17, 2017, 02:57:08 pm »

Nope. Not unless you have the people to protect it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2799 on: July 17, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »

Do people actually assault them? Is there any gain? I understand that normally you have asset protection so they don't actually drop anything. Ones in wormholes apparently don't have that but I still can't imagine its profitable to attack them

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: July 17, 2017, 03:03:57 pm »

There is NO asset protection in wormholes, and people will wreck your crap just to wreck it.

It's NOT safe for you to drop a citadel in a wormhole. I was in a 20+ man corp and we got pinned down in our wormhole by a sieging fleet. We had to batphone several groups who desperately rolled their way into the wormhole. Others scouted their way in and we finally got a squadron of stealth bombers in through a frigate hole. Needless to say, I do not really wish to repeat the experience. You should not want to experience it either.

If you can't kill anything that might attack you, don't place those things down.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2801 on: July 17, 2017, 03:05:49 pm »

That's basically what I said... I was just surprised anyone would bother with the smaller ones as there wouldn't be much to gain from it

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:26 pm »

That's basically what I said... I was just surprised anyone would bother with the smaller ones as there wouldn't be much to gain from it

There are a lot of groups who get bored and will do just about anything to try and generate 'content' for themselves.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2803 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:15 pm »

Hm. Fair enough, but I am re-evaluating my risk assessment. I have a new plan, we'll see how it goes.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:22 pm »

No, actually. The higher level of wormhole you reside in, the quieter it gets, with the exception of C2 wormholes, which tend to be heavily populated because of their useful K-space connections.

do lower class anomalies appear in higher class wormholes? because i cant seem to find any info on that. and according to the spreadsheet i have about WH anomalies it gets harder as you advance.

because in that case i wouldnt mind the risk of settling in a WH system if it meant getting a much more quiet hunting ground as long as i could kill some sleeper drone frigates/cruisers...battleships i've done it but they take an eternity to kill each one, its not even funny...

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 210