Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 707592 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #720 on: June 15, 2011, 05:27:18 pm »

Darvi: Then what numbers would count as hits or dodges?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 15, 2011, 08:03:18 pm »

Hum you could use a counter roll system, something like enemy rolls 6, you roll 7, you dodge.  Enemy rolls 4 you roll 4, you dodge but are off balance?  enemy is higher you get hit, with increasing damage depending on the difference between the numbers?
Nom nom nom

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 16, 2011, 01:07:49 pm »

I think a 4 or 3 to hit would be enough considering the comparatively low damage of weapons. And enemies don't really need a roll since they're too dumb to get out of harms way.

Even if said harm is a fucking huge rock.

Conjured by their own allies.

Anyways, I think I should start making notes one of these days.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #723 on: June 16, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »

Ok, less focusing on my bloodbaths now.

I think what I'd like to see is another Dwarven Race RTD. Heck, it doesn't actually have to be dwarven, I just want to see a bunch of idiots driving vehicles with stupidly powerful machinery. Itt's well and truly awesome when dwarves do it, but add in other things, like a rifle, and shit can get crazy.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 16, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »

DF based, all races allowed (With restrictions for equipment per race) Throw in some racism and it'll be...

FUN!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 16, 2011, 04:08:01 pm »

I think what I'd like to see is another Dwarven Race RTD. Heck, it doesn't actually have to be dwarven, I just want to see a bunch of idiots driving vehicles with stupidly powerful machinery. Itt's well and truly awesome when dwarves do it, but add in other things, like a rifle, and shit can get crazy.
Road Rage the RTD - You six have been entered into a contest known as RoadRage where drivers are pitted against one another, adn the many traps, robots, and other crminals thrown at them. You have all commited serious crimes, adn instead of being put to death you are getting a chance to live, but to get free you have to knock all the other drivers out of teh competiton,a dn win.

How about that ?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 16, 2011, 04:12:05 pm »

Well, let's see...

3 or higher is 6/8, 4+ is 5/8. So if, for the sake of argument, the medium weapons deal 1d8, you're looking at an average of (4.5*[6/8]) = 3.375 damage per swing for 3+, or (4.5*[5/8]) = 2.8125 damage per swing for 4+. We'll assume 3+ just for the hell of it.

To make light weapons equal, then, we get (X*[7/8]) = 3.375, which works out to 3.85714... . Multiplied by 2, because it takes two actions, we get 7.71428..., which might best be approximated by something like 2d6+1 for 8 average.

For heavy weapons, we've got (X*[5/8]) = 3.375, which is 5.4 . Multiplied by 3 for three actions, we get 16.2 . That's damn close to 3d10, for 16.5 average per hit.

So, I'd say 1d8 for light, 2d6+1 for medium, and 3d10 for heavy is a decent baseline; I know that's more than you were planning, but who the hell's going to use weapons in a game of magical carnage anyway? And even if they do, how long are they going to last with three sorcerous jackasses firing at the target they're standing in front of?

That said, lighter weapons still have the advantage of versatility; heavy weapons always take 3 actions to use, whereas light ones can be divided up as the user sees fit, so making the damage perfectly equal isn't a good idea. You might want to boost the 3.375, 7.714, and 16.5 averages in favor of heavier weapons to account for this, though by how much I'm not sure.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 16, 2011, 04:31:02 pm »

You miscalculated that a bit. It should be divided by 2 and 3, because it takes longer to swing.

Also, I never intended the damage to be equal, because of the versatility. It's one of the things I'm still working on.

Also remember to add the hit modifiers.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 16, 2011, 05:20:52 pm »

Oops, you're right. I managed to confuse myself by starting at the medium damage and then forgetting it wasn't light.

I'll try again later. :-\

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 16, 2011, 05:23:09 pm »

Er, that too, I guess.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 16, 2011, 06:23:43 pm »

Road Rage the RTD - You six have been entered into a contest known as RoadRage where drivers are pitted against one another, adn the many traps, robots, and other crminals thrown at them. You have all commited serious crimes, adn instead of being put to death you are getting a chance to live, but to get free you have to knock all the other drivers out of teh competiton,a dn win.

How about that ?
As long as Nicholas Cage isn't in it that sounds like a good idea for an RTD.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 16, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »

I really want to see an Oblivion RTD that, or a Morrowind RTD

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 16, 2011, 06:32:00 pm »

If we do that I totally call being in the Dark Brotherhood.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 16, 2011, 06:32:56 pm »

Well I am now working on making a ruleset for a Oblivion RTD give me about 1 to 5 hours

EDIT: Would someone mind writing me up a backstory for it?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 16, 2011, 06:34:52 pm »

Well I am now working on making a ruleset for a Oblivion RTD give me about 1 to 5 hours

EDIT: Would someone mind writing me up a backstory for it?
What kind of backstory are you thinking of?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 661