Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 707368 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

By the way, if anyone was even vaguely interested about my mutation RTD yet didn't say anything for whatever reason...

It's up.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about a game with multiple GMs who took turns making turns? "Your turn to make the turn." "Can someone PM the GM?" "I guess we'll just have to auto that GM."

i already tried this

check gwg's games thread for details

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Was it the one ebbor was talking about?

I remember trying that once, though it was a suggestion game, not an RTD. It failed because everyone who was interested volunteered for the GM list, and we thus had no players :-\

Cuz that sounded like an easy to fix problem.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

no it was on a roll to gm system

basically everyone who played was automagically put on a list and the current gm was supposed to roll for the next gm after processing the turn and it died so fast it's ridiculous

it worked pretty well on a "hijack this if you want" system though

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

That's not what I was suggesting. Not every player single player is going to be cut out to write, which is why it's a bad idea to roll randomly for new GMs.

Well don't pick them from viewers. Recruit 3 top GMs who are really different from one another, and let them rotate and interpret the story and the player's actions however they like. Suggestion game seems like the best format but it could work with player games.
This seems like it'd be worth a shot. The actual game would have to be interesting, and the theme must justify the rotating GM mechanic.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

literally everyone can write a minimalist rtd though

ain't that half of the appeal

though i want to watch the hilarity related to the three gms having to compromise on the direction where the game is being taken therefore i give you my pointless blessing

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Well it doesn't have to be an RtD oh wait I'm not in gamers block fu-

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

A RTD. Two teams. 3 players each.

The Blue Team: The cool and calculating blue team uses colorful roleplaying and ingenious teamwork to overcome their problems and make a great story.

The Red Team: LE EPIC MINIMALIST RTDS ARE SO FUNNY AND RANDOM I BLOW UP THE MOON LOL

WHO WILL PREVAIL
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

A RTD. Two teams. 3 players each.

The Blue Team: The cool and calculating blue team uses colorful roleplaying and ingenious teamwork to overcome their problems and make a great story.

The Red Team: LE EPIC MINIMALIST RTDS ARE SO FUNNY AND RANDOM I BLOW UP THE MOON LOL

WHO WILL PREVAIL

Red, due to being basically able to roll to win unless you make very specific rules.
Just sayin'.
Take a closer look at this text!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Red, due to being basically able to roll to win unless you make very specific rules.
Just sayin'.
You'll notice that I didn't make any rules. It's just a concept. Of course the red team would win if they were allowed to do anything, but I didn't say they were.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just sayin'.
You'll notice that I didn't make any rules. It's just a concept. Of course the red team would win if they were allowed to do anything, but I didn't say they were.
Let both teams do anything, no need for rules :P

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I don't care much for the concept of Minimalists vs Real Roleplayers, but I do like the idea of two teams going head to head. Preferable it would be more than just a deathmatch, instead being some goal both teams are trying to accomplish. I think it might be cool if there are some situations where the teams would benefit from working together, but they both know that, in the end, only one of them can claim the prize, so it would be an uneasy alliance.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

I dunno, it could work if the RP'ers had the same level of power but just needed to roleplay their actions.

Sort of a "supervillian alliance vs infant gods' type thing...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

So, who'd be interested in a death game RTD a la Sword Art Online? You know, create a character, try to clear 100 floors/entrance to tree/50 floor dungeon, to get out of the game? I've got nothing concrete, but it's something I've been thinking on.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 661