Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77798 times)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #525 on: May 01, 2011, 02:03:47 pm »

Turns out the other two competent observers are also on the recruit list. You could hire one as your personal bodyguard? There's also a couple of novice observers available too.

I'll hire one as my bodyguard. That was my intention anyway.

And I assume you want Mitha to work the fort's other kitchen if necessary?
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 01, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »

And I assume you want Mitha to work the fort's other kitchen if necessary?

Actually, she has permission to work in Rev's kitchen.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 01, 2011, 02:27:30 pm »

I would like to hire Iden to be my bodyguard, please. Also, please build the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is at about z122 on the map archive.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 01, 2011, 03:08:12 pm »

I would like to be dorf'd. 

Name: Unibot
Profession: Captain of the Guard , preferably with hammerdwarf  or macedwarf skills
Personality: think of a typical Paladin, strong moral code, will not rest until justice has been served, will do everything in his power to capture criminals/traitors. he also enjoys beating the living daylights out of the occasional goblin in an arena style fight.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 01, 2011, 03:09:55 pm »

I think there's already a captain of the guard (Spera? I don't know). Sorry, but you'll have to settle for a plain ol' military dwarf.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 01, 2011, 03:12:29 pm »

I think there's already a captain of the guard (Spera? I don't know). Sorry, but you'll have to settle for a plain ol' military dwarf.

Spera suggested herself, but another can contest it. I'll take our surgeon/hammerdwarf and make him into Unibot. If you want to be Captain, we can put it to a vote between Spera and this newcomer.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 01, 2011, 03:13:44 pm »

if not captain then a regular guard/ highly moralistic soldier will do.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 01, 2011, 03:15:49 pm »

Spera suggested herself, but another can contest it. I'll take our surgeon/hammerdwarf and make him into Unibot. If you want to be Captain, we can put it to a vote between Spera and this newcomer.

I volunteered for that position ever since last season. Apparently nobody noticed me  :'(

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 01, 2011, 03:39:35 pm »

I volunteered for that position ever since last season. Apparently nobody noticed me  :'(

Oh man, I'm losing it. Okay, well, Bayar, Spera and a newcomer all want the position. Dorna had her mayoral position thrust upon her but Captain is going to be an electoral one since nobody was appointed to it.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 01, 2011, 04:33:28 pm »

What are the relative locations of the soapmaking workshop and the food/booze stockpiles?

Not very close, unfortunately. Aquifer issues. It's several flights of stairs and two hallways away. Your workspace has three stocks that take from other piles: one takes tallow from the main food stocks and doubles as a lye stock, another takes nuffin' but ash, and the third is just dedicated soap. There's an ashery, a wood furnace and a soapmaking shop down there and your bedroom has been dug out behind the soapmaking shop and will be established post haste.

Okay, then. Can you establish a small 3x3 food and booze stockpile next to the bedroom? The less Besmar has to leave her workshop, the safer she feels... even though of course this feeling may be misguided...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 01, 2011, 09:17:50 pm »

I'll would like to hire KUBUK ARMORTANGLES to be my sparring partner and right-hand dwarf, to follow and assist in my patrols and beatdowns. He'll be unarmed too, of course.

Also, I would like a full set of armor made for Ipunchfaces as soon as we mine out any warfare metals. Better protect my bodyparts before I lose any of them, especially as a wrestler. Cheers.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 02, 2011, 02:40:23 am »

Armor? Armor? Good good! *fetches his hammer*
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 02, 2011, 02:55:28 am »

I asked for armor like 2 pages back. XD I think the issue is the same now as it was then: fuel.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 02, 2011, 06:20:36 am »

I asked for armor like 2 pages back. XD I think the issue is the same now as it was then: fuel.
Fuel isn't needed for leather.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48