Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1300610 times)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2745 on: June 13, 2014, 09:28:21 am »

He's not the best CO for that mission I'd say, since you're up against Lash, who starts with a lot of buildings. I'd have rather had Sami to cap quicker or Max to boost survivability, since all you have to do is survive 14 days.
The only better choices I could think of for that mission would be Grit or possibly Sami. Just clog the chokepoint with cheap and expendable infantry and mechs and back it up with indirects. Your units are just as hard to kill as any other CO's, and none of Lash's units can ever kill more than one unit per turn, and that even assumes she can OHKO units, which she should rarely be able to in that mission. It's a mission that's all about producing more units than the enemy can destroy, and since Colin is the undisputed King of Production, he's going to be pretty strong no matter how you slice it.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2746 on: June 13, 2014, 09:34:40 am »

He's not the best CO for that mission I'd say, since you're up against Lash, who starts with a lot of buildings. I'd have rather had Sami to cap quicker or Max to boost survivability, since all you have to do is survive 14 days.
The only better choices I could think of for that mission would be Grit or possibly Sami. Just clog the chokepoint with cheap and expendable infantry and mechs and back it up with indirects.
You have to push out fast because there's not enough bases to support you for very long, plus Lash will build up her Prime Tactics superpower at least once and you need to be aggressive and make sure she doesn't have that many units when she uses it. Otherwise, yeah that's the idea of the mission.

EDIT: Grit rules. \m/

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: June 15, 2014, 05:52:46 pm »

Got one of my rewards for supporting a band on Kickstarter:

No-strings.mp3

I Fight Dragons rocks!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: June 16, 2014, 04:14:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: June 16, 2014, 04:20:30 am »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: June 17, 2014, 10:42:30 am »

Pretty much roflstomped several otherwise-hard bosses with magic. Riku(the first time), Hook, and Vexen went down pretty damn easily. Vexen was a little tricky because half my magic deck is Blizzard, so I just abused Lethal Flame which is horribly broken(Stop+2 attack cards, difficult to break, and is five free powerful hits while every enemy is stopped).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: June 17, 2014, 01:15:48 pm »

Defeated the Hollow Queen on my second try!(would have done it on the first, but I forgot about Dimensional Cut, and thus was slow binding her arms. Woops.)

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: June 17, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »

After Code Black on previous mission, squad of Privates led by Cpl Perez went trough downed UFO like hot knife through butter :) Not a single wound or casaulty.  8)

How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: June 17, 2014, 05:30:34 pm »

With three points of brain damage reducing my hand size to near zero and just a handful amount of credits left, I made a last-ditch glory run on the Haas-Bioroid player's RnD in an attempt to score the last few points I needed to win the game, before he would score the agenda he had in his veritable fortress of a remote server (Four pieces of ICE!). The run ended with another point of brain damage and another tag to add to the one I already had, but in the end I made it to their RnD server. I look at the top card of RnD and reveal a piece of ICE. But, since I have an RnD Interface, I get to look at an extra card, and the Card Game Gods themselves must have smiled upon me, for that one card was an agenda worth the three points I needed to win the game. It wasn't an elegant finish by any means, having no cards remaining in hand, four points of brain damage, and absolutely no money, but it's a victory nonetheless.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:34:12 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: June 17, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »

Managed to hunt my first animal, a wild sow. It was immediately nommed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: June 17, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »

and had to survive 14 days as a weak CO.
Weak? Colin is the most broken CO in the entire game. When you are running around with two Neotanks for every Md. Tank the enemy has, the damage penalty is pretty much negligible.

But nah Colin owns pretty much any War Room map.
AI Colin on the otherhand... :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: June 17, 2014, 05:57:35 pm »

Had nothing important to do today so I just played pokemon online free triple battles for 4 hours.  I didn't mean to do that for 4 hours straight but when I was done I realized I won all but 3 battles in that time.

Either I'm really good at pokemon triple battles or quality of competition has taken a massive nosedive.

Pokemon Y
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: June 17, 2014, 06:08:56 pm »

Could also be theres less difficult competition in triple battles compared to singles/doubles.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2758 on: June 17, 2014, 06:10:25 pm »

Captured a few flags on Godlike difficulty with a minimum of 10 bots on levels notorious for craploads of sniping.

I couldn't believe how much ass I was kicking, I had to double-check the difficulty. Things felt a little easy.

Deathmatching in a free-for-all. Fuck it; I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. Basically, the opposite of *own* there. I seem to do better in team games, than on my own, I guess. But that's a bit personally disappointing. I used to kick ass on a regular basis on this game, and I'm starting to show my gaming age. I look forward to my first full-fledged beatdown against the next generation of my family. At least I won't be letting myself get defeated so easily. They could use the challenge.

EDIT:
Looking back; the CTF games are generally 4v4-6v6; and most other cases, it's an 8-man free-for-all on tiny/small maps (Nice and cozy).

I guess bot tweaking in the classic game, I also made my bots a little more hardcore than usual, with an elite that has a panache for sniper weapons, along with another that's a fan of dual pistols, and just for comparison, I modeled one after my perceived skills as they develop as a means of self-benchmarking (IE-Suck far less than them; or move faster than the slowest person, and compare between the old stats, and the new stats, relative to the elites (IE- Do I really belong amongst the Godlikes? Is this more than just hot air I'm letting out?)). In a sense, this is not just a proving ground for others, it's a proving ground to myself. I mean, I brag alot, and at times, I sound a tad arrogant and appear to be a showoff. This is humbling sometimes when I am more talk than skill. Nothing like allowing yourself to get your ass kicked.

Now that I come and think of it, I'm quite the masochistic gamer, aren't I? ...If I come across a Touhou weapon mod for Unreal...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:42:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: June 17, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »

Saved Jeb from a rocket propelled freefall, at 10 Klicks above the surface of Kerban with the standard jet pack.

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 710