Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1300600 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4140 on: March 27, 2015, 04:31:24 pm »

48.8 meters.

QWOP distance.

AW YEAH SON.
-meteorsnip-
Not only did I say the name of the game in the post, but saying the name of the game is also not mandatory in this thread.
---
Finally finished off the miniboss of the Forest Temple on my second runthrough. What was with those guys?

Zelda OoT
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: March 27, 2015, 08:12:15 pm »

Pyromaniac makes most of the game utterly trivial. However many bombs you have is now your extra HP. (psst, also stomp attacks like the ones used by Mom and Satan count as explosions, so you can HEAL off them!)

Also, you can get the Dr. Fetus upgrade, and replace ALL your tears with bombs. THAT makes Pyromaniac the best thing ever. If you can shoot quickly enough, you literally CAN'T lose hearts.

In other news, I finally beat the game again! Twice!

I also lost 16 other runs, but that's less important, right?

I've yet to win a run on the PS4 version yet, 'cept one of the challenge runs, I think. I've only played it a few times though.

It's a challenging game, in the sense of the setting and atmosphere, so I only really play it in short bursts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: March 28, 2015, 12:59:20 am »

Took a bit, but I'm finally getting the hang of this game. Put together a fleet and knocked over the Akdarians without too much trouble(had to refit once for better shields as their main spaceport wasn't all that armed but had insane amounts of shielding, so it was actually outlasting my fleet). Now, just need to consolodate and knock over a couple more small empires, then I can take on the big guy just ahead of me!

Distant Worlds:Universe.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:35:36 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4143 on: March 28, 2015, 03:40:22 am »

Took a bit, but I'm finally getting the hang of this game. Put together a fleet and knocked over the Akdarians without too much trouble(had to refit once for better shields as their main spaceport wasn't all that armed but had insane amounts of shielding, so it was actually outlasting my fleet). Now, just need to consolodate and knock over a couple more small empires, then I can take on the big guy just ahead of me!

Distant Worlds:Universe.

Your link is broken.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: March 28, 2015, 04:09:27 am »

Spoiler: I did it (big image) (click to show/hide)

I got the idea for the rocket design by watching a YouTube video, but I finally made it to the Mun in the Kerbal Space Program demo! Jebediah Kerman is sadly stranded on the surface because I nearly botched the landing and used a lot of the "get off the Mun and return to Kerbin" fuel, but one step at a time. This game is really a treat, I'll be getting the full version when it goes on sale sometime in the future.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #4145 on: March 28, 2015, 08:45:35 am »

I got the idea for the rocket design by watching a YouTube video, but I finally made it to the Mun in the Kerbal Space Program demo! Jebediah Kerman is sadly stranded on the surface because I nearly botched the landing and used a lot of the "get off the Mun and return to Kerbin" fuel, but one step at a time. This game is really a treat, I'll be getting the full version when it goes on sale sometime in the future.

Noooooooo! Not Jeb!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: March 28, 2015, 09:35:57 am »

Grats! Getting to the Mun is a major achievement. I remember when I first got there...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: March 28, 2015, 11:18:24 am »

Had a mission to mine titanium faster than the another team. Although the mission hints suggest putting a laser turret just away from their line of them but close enough to hamper their mining efforts, it didn't work. Instead, I start putting small bio-domes as close as possible to their turret line. At 100 credits a piece, they're cheap enough to keep building, and they last long enough for my turrets to get loaded and fire on their defenses. Before I'm finished with objective, I've overrun their base defenses, blown up their command bridge, and finally killed off all of their workers - in a mission where I'm told that I can't really use violence to win.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: March 29, 2015, 08:40:32 am »

I had three or four wolf masks, Ol' Lopper, four lensmakers glasses, two soldier's syringes, gasoline, three teddy bears and a bunch of other shit on the Huntress. A.K.A. a single crit would make my attack speed go up a LOT. I also managed to drop a warbanner in the middle of the bridge, so the providence fight wasnt THAT hard. Also managed to get four keycards, unlocked HAN-D, etc, etc. That was a damn good run. I beat providence, obviously.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: March 29, 2015, 10:26:30 am »

Saw an alien on a rooftop across the map - a large map at that. The sniper who had LoS to it took an aimed shot, showing a 11% chance of success. I thought what the hell, and fired. It hit, it killed.

I moved my team across the map, killing one more with reaction fire. I got 2/3rds across the map before wondering where the presumably last one was. I turned one of my guys around, and saw it, right behind my sniper who was hanging back. My sniper turned around and took the kill on that one, mission success.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: March 29, 2015, 05:07:48 pm »

Lucky you. I'm barely able to get in orbit even with the massive fuel tanks and engine I managed to unlock recently.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: March 29, 2015, 06:19:27 pm »

Lucky you. I'm barely able to get in orbit even with the massive fuel tanks and engine I managed to unlock recently.
Lucky. I just got off the landing pad yesterday.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: March 29, 2015, 06:43:45 pm »

You mean there's stuff past the VAB?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: March 29, 2015, 08:38:58 pm »

VAB? Every time I try to play KSP,  I just see ending menus. I think I saw the space center once, but I can't remember how to get back to it...

:P
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: March 30, 2015, 01:00:38 am »

Protip: don't overengineer. It's harder to get in orbit with big engines than with small engines sometimes.

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 710