Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1300593 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4185 on: April 05, 2015, 10:04:26 am »

Beat the game. Yay. Finally.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I love Acrid, he's probably my favorite character. On my sacrifice glass command farming run his melee attack actually became more useful than his epidemic, which basically became a death missile capable of one-shotting imp overlords.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: April 05, 2015, 10:39:46 am »

My custom lizardman team vs the Nords.  The nords have the ball deep in my territory, I only have a single skink able to get in the way.

The nord with the ball gets tripped up by my skink and the ball just drops into it's hands causing a turnover.

There's no way the skink is getting away with the ball, it's alone against 3 pissed nords, while most of my team is fighting over midfield.  The skink dodges one tackle to get clear and then in a burst of inspiration the skink throws the ball to my krox (I was primarilly trying to get the ball away from the inzone) but my Krox actually manages to catch the frikkin ball.

My big huge krox then proceeds to smash his way to my inzone, with the help of the scrimmage line saurians while the nords seem completely incapable of knocking the ball out of his hands.  They even ended their turn prematurely twice trying to tackle him and getting smacked to the ground for their trouble.  And 'Biff' the Krox gets the only score of the game.

Blood Bowl chaos edition
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: April 05, 2015, 08:20:14 pm »

So I have a market stall, which I can use to set up a shop anywhere. Having had my fill of running around I decided to set up shop in Falkreath for a bit. So I dug into my magical loot storage room and dug up items to sell, seeing as I had a whole bunch of prefab potions I was probably never going to use since my alchemy skill could make things loads better; I filled up my stall with potions. Then I went and sat down and waited for customers.

Suddenly, dragon attack. It swooped down and bathed me in dragon fire. I took maybe 5% damage.

Of course, this scared all my potential customers away, so I shot it down, and when it landed beat it to death with my fists (Way of the Monk mod).

It took flight, flew around a bit, and then landed and died. Directly next to my stall.

Unfazed, I went back to my chair and continued to running my shop.

blazing glory

« Reply #4188 on: April 06, 2015, 07:15:35 am »

I won! Hah! And not on easy mode!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: April 06, 2015, 07:39:19 am »

"Can I interest you in a potion? Can I get you anything else?"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: April 06, 2015, 08:41:43 am »

"Legend says, one bone of this fantastic beast will bring you great fortune! Your wife will definitely be pleased!"

:P

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: April 06, 2015, 06:28:01 pm »

Newbles Kerman is stranded on the Mun, not enough fuel left to come back, and with a lot of important data. He still has 82 days' worth of food, water and oxygen left, (TAC Life Support) so I decide to send a rescue mission. An unmanned probe is sent with a command pod to pick up Newbles, but misses his downed lander by several kilometers. Not one to be discouraged by a little distance, Newbles uses the reaction wheels in his pod to roll all the way to his rescue ship. Solar panels explode, the lander legs fly off, the materials bay is crushed, but Newbles makes it with a few bumps and bruises.

The rescue ship didn't have enough fuel to get home either, but at least he was able to transfer about 250 points of science before going back to his pod to spend another long while waiting for rescue.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: April 06, 2015, 07:08:00 pm »

Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: April 06, 2015, 10:07:17 pm »

I beat the shit out of an invaded man with my fists.

Bloodborne.
Flaming Baby Catapult

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: April 06, 2015, 11:29:29 pm »

Beat the game solo as the sniper on rainstorm difficulty. There was lots of 360 jumpshots noscopes. l33t sk33lz m8.

Also, I managed to take half of the health of the final boss' first phase in one well timed shot. So much damage. According to stats the highest damage I achieved in one shot that run was 11,357 damage. That's a ton, considering there's a challenge for achieving 5000 damage in one shot.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:31:39 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: April 06, 2015, 11:54:23 pm »

Now do a glass+command monsoon run! :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: April 06, 2015, 11:55:33 pm »

Day 21.

Pierre the Hercules-Kabuterimon, my first Ultimate Digimon and defeater of the final boss was on the last legs of his little insect life. At the balmy age of 18 days, he was pretty damn well ready to die a living hero's death. Which meant old age unfortunately, because that's how you pass down techniques. Anyways. The heavens had doted well on him and his training had paid off in mass dividends. In battle, he had no equal. But there was one last challenge to overcome. Every 22nd day, there is a tournament held in Beetle Land. It is regarded as the toughest tournament in the game, and only Insectoid Digimon are allowed to compete. Being a giant beetle of death, Pierre was in the running to have one last hurrah before breathing his last.

But there was a problem. Pierre is old as hell. Come the midnight hours before the match, Pierre dies of old age. I glared at the screen. No. I refused to allow him to die on the eve of his greatest triumph and savescummed. I spent the next hour or so trying to finagle a situation where Pierre had just a few last hours of living left. This entailed a desperate fishing trip to get Digiseabass; a life-extending fish that would supply those few necessary hours of life. But I caught the fish before time ran out. But at this late in his life, no amount of fish would sustain him forever. But it would last until he would go to sleep that morning. I position him and I in front of the arena door and wait for evening to arrive.

The minute I'm given back control, I rush the door before the game has any second thoughts about his age and whether the amount of fish ingested with enough. Pierre has entered the tournament. The first two matches are easy enough. They are against two Rookies, ableit, very strong Rookie Digimon. Mercifully, there were no other Hercules-Kabuterimon in attendance because Pierre probably took that slot himself. Instead, his last opponent was a younger, but not necessarially weaker Kabuterimon, his pre-form. In essence, old man Pierre was taking a younger, stronger, and faster version of himself. But this young'un had never met the likes of Pierre.

They clash in a flurry of poisonous claws and bugs of death. Pierre is only just fast enough to keep up with his young foe; their attacks either match each other or his young foe barely gets a shot out. Damage is done. Both parties end up poisoned. Pierre charges up his Finishing Attack first and massive damage to the Kabuterimon. It immediately counters with it's own finishing attack. Both fighters are now on their last legs. Unfortunately, Pierre is injured enough that he can no longer run. This gives his young foe the advantage of initiative. He blasts Pierre's face with fireballs before Pierre can get up close and personal. Things aren't looking good. The fight clock starts to click down. Neither party is wimping out in this match and fainting mid-battle. It's clear that the game clock is going to decide this one based on who dealt the most damage. And with Pierre being so injured, I began to fear. 0 Seconds.

Kabuterimon lurches forward and collapses to the ground. The point screen shows up showing that Pierre had dealt a paltry 300 more damage than his foe. But regardless of how low the margin of victory was, he had done it. The Beetle Cup was claimed by Pierre, Ultimate Digimon, Lord of Insects, and best damn partner of the run.

He immediately perished afterwards. But I shall nary forget him.

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: April 07, 2015, 12:04:46 am »

Now do a glass+command monsoon run! :P
Would love to try glass but I have yet to unlock it. Don't want to spoil myself on how to get it either, I found all the artifact's I've got so far without spoiling myself (spite, command, sacrifice, distortion, enigma) and want to keep that record.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: April 07, 2015, 12:12:38 am »

Would love to try glass but I have yet to unlock it. Don't want to spoil myself on how to get it either, I found all the artifact's I've got so far without spoiling myself (spite, command, sacrifice, distortion, enigma) and want to keep that record.
Ah, fair enough :3
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: April 07, 2015, 11:15:59 am »

It's not a true cheese run unless you also throw sacrifice in the mix.

Also 8 clovers so elite enemies drop an item 30% of the time and the artifact that makes all enemies elites.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 710