Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1300621 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7050 on: December 19, 2016, 05:09:47 pm »

I went berserk and accidentally beat a cat to death with my bare hands.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: December 19, 2016, 08:50:18 pm »

Restarted the game as a Sorcerer. After perhaps an hour of playing, I managed to beat the Last Giant first try while taking only a single hit, near the end. ("Wow," I thought, "I've almost beaten him without taking a single hit!" [gets hit immediately after])

Having a reliable ranged option is so weird after relying on a sword for so long.

Dark Souls 2
Yeah, sorcery builds can generally be pretty useful. I'd probably use them more often if Teh Cummunity didn't accuse people of "spamming magic" if they ever make remotely heavy and/or effective use of it. I've never understood that since one may as well bitch about pure melee builds "spamming swords".

From my minimal experience with PvPing as a Sorcerer, I think that this mostly stems from how much concentrated damage spells deal. A Crystal Soul Spear + Homing Crystal Soulmass combo can easily one-hit many builds or stagger them enough that you can finish them off with your melee. There isn't really a similar "Dodge or die" move for melee, although Great Club + Hornet Ring can come close if you can get close enough. Getting OHKO-ed from full health because someone attacked from ambush or you lagged out for a second reasonably gets people sassy.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: December 19, 2016, 09:14:39 pm »

I tend to stick with single player games, but I must admit to certain sadistic pleasures of sequence breaking, so I can one-shot kill bosses.

My favorite ones are from Zelda: Link to the past

Darkworld dungeon #1 boss:  Hold off on killing this guy until after you have defeated the bosses of dungeons 5 and 6. This enables you to get the yellow sword and the silver arrows before killing any of the other bosses.  Return to this guy after getting both. Drop 2 bombs to destroy his mask, then one-shot kill with silver arrow in the forehead. BOOM. dies in less than 10 seconds.

Darkworld Dungeon #2 boss: With yellow sword, the puffball sheild bits he uses to protect himself die in one hit. He has about 12 of them. Just hack away. He dies in like 20 seconds.

Darkworld Dungeon number 5: Use bombos medalion on him. His ice shield vanishes, then just use the spin attack on the three eyeballs that come out. Dies in 30 seconds.

Great times.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: December 20, 2016, 02:10:37 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: December 20, 2016, 06:17:18 pm »

Sneaking through the base of a master assassin, one with as much skill and supernatural power as you. He kidnapped you, took your fancy gear and tossed it down a refinery pipe while tossing you into a drain. And he's the guy who murdered to person you cared most about and subsequently framed you for it. You have every reason to want to kill him.

I crept through the base, stalking his assassins as they went about their daily routine. Many were caught unawares, knocked out, and tossed in a closet somewhere, until finally, I reached his inner sanctum. He knew I was coming for him. I had to. There he waited for me, waiting to fight the epic duel between two master assassins. But he was distracted. He was certainly on watch, but it could be said he was too vigilant, and it distracted him from his surroundings.

A moment of vulnerability. It allowed me to creep right into a blind spot outside of his and his guards' view. And there, right behind him, I reached out and...

...nicked his wallet. And the key I needed to escape. Then I snuck out, leaving him there, using his key to steal more loot and then reach the sewer tunnels to make my escape away from his base.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: December 20, 2016, 06:34:02 pm »

Spoiler: Actual Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: December 20, 2016, 06:46:53 pm »

A moment of vulnerability. It allowed me to creep right into a blind spot outside of his and his guards' view. And there, right behind him, I reached out and...

...nicked his wallet. And the key I needed to escape. Then I snuck out, leaving him there, using his key to steal more loot and then reach the sewer tunnels to make my escape away from his base.

Spoiler: Actual spoilers!!! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actual Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: More actual spoilers (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: December 21, 2016, 01:34:54 am »

Beat Flandre. With an extra life and a bomb still left over afterwards. Take THAT, Ms. Windchimes.

I still can't get over how wimpy her final couple attacks are, despite them being a survival sign and a desperation sign. I swear that she's a reverse Remilia, with very strong spell signs and easy final cards.

Beat Utsuho. Turns out I REALLY underestimated Marisa + Nitori. The missiles are a great simple forward firing shot type[Which is rare in this game] and the bomb/shield is very useful. Being able to deploy bombs in advance is ridiculous, especially in a game with MoF-style bomb refilling. I think that I may have found a new easiest Touhou, even easier then IN was. At least there, Reimu/Yukari's ability to counterbomb required quickish reactions and took up two bombs from your very limited stock. Whereas Optical Camouflage makes you nearly invulnerable for the cost of one renewable bomb, except against extremely difficult attacks like Satori or Utsuho's final spell signs.

That said, this game easily has the best story out of any Touhou game thus far. Now if only I could win with another character or beat the Extra Stage to find out more of it...

Spooky Signature

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: December 21, 2016, 10:51:05 am »

Minor own, but I managed to get a Runebox: Mud Ball Pouch, which is incredibly rare and tied to the current holiday event. Not sure if I want to sell it or not, but people are willing to part with a lot of cash for it.

Elder Scrolls Online
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7059 on: December 21, 2016, 01:34:07 pm »

Mixing up a Gadgetzan midrange Hunter. Looks like it'll be a bit better than my WoTOG Hunter, which is nice. Picking up some wins with it, at least. Hunter continues to be my favourite class.

Hearthstone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: December 21, 2016, 02:18:23 pm »

After a rather terrible opening to a Defend mission at Hong Kong Electronics Factory (Gennady panicked, Raphael knocked down to Yellow), I've decided to toss caution to the wind while Raphael went berserk.

So I had Maya the sniper run forward and snipe a Democrats' goon that showed up; Archer ran in front of her and dodged TWO bullets, before mowing down two students at about 50% chance of hit. Meanwhile, Raphael woke up and thanks to morale/berserk mechanic, he had 8 action points, so he ran forward and started lobbing grenades at enemies; 6 concussion grenades later, 4 LDF students, 2 officers and 2 revolutionaries were dead - that being whole secondary assault team.

Meanwhile, Archer and Maya decided to go running and gunning; window shards flying, the duo have shot down another trio of chinese. In the end, Maya finished by sniping a grenade-armed Revolutionary that tried to sneak up on Archer's blind spot.

The mission, which started awfully, ended in glorious no further wounds and all enemies dead within 10 turns. Aw fucking yeah.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: December 21, 2016, 02:27:12 pm »

Launched a rocket to win the game.

Also my base is now fully dependent on nice, clean solar power. It only took A THOUSAND SOLAR PANELS AND ACCUMULATORS.

Also I have a network of robots feeding various resources around my base. Just discovered how useful they are.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:56:10 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: December 22, 2016, 10:01:22 pm »

Beat extra boss Sanae perfectly, capturing all three of her spellcards. To be fair, I did have Optical Camouflage active the entire time, but it was never required.

Spooky Signature

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7063 on: December 23, 2016, 01:33:11 am »

The Abyssian Token mirror is slightly silly.

If you don't play Duelyst: the Shadow Watcher gains +1/+1 every time something dies. The deck is built around millions of tiny critters that you can kill off and trade away with abandon, because you're buffing the Shadow Watcher (or another Deathwatch minion) at the same time.

If both players have Shadow Watchers, it turns into a game of keep-away while you try to hit hard removal (because you can't just trade 1/1s into the Watchers until they die) or an alternate win condition.

I eventually won by hitting one of my Shadow Dancers and a Ritual Banishing. That was the longest game I've played, though.

Duelyst.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: December 24, 2016, 03:58:16 am »

Hehe, those things are fun. I should get back into that game.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 710