Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1300556 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8085 on: October 17, 2017, 04:26:02 pm »

On my way to "git gud" with The Lost Vikings. Last match, I managed to get one nuke on every viking on Warhead Junction, and then fire them all at once on the enemy core, lowering it straight to 34%.

Heroes of the Storm
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: October 17, 2017, 04:58:33 pm »

i just got dickslapped by a random sniper while killing a captain. this lucky bastard ended up becoming a something something commander (epic). he has the ability to summon shit and his tribe bonus lets him fire automatic double crossbows every once in a while.

what makes it a win is that i hunted the bastard down only to find he was going to be executed by a warchief for getting too uppity and i saved him and recruited him. made him my bodyguard. saved my life already. he pwned that tank a-hole with a point-blank autofire to the face and then a sync kill finisher. then while i was focusing on recovering he summoned additional goons and we ended up 'taking' the local area (you cant just capture random camps but we pretty much did, all the enemy spawns were dead and the area was covered in blue unit indicators)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: October 17, 2017, 10:50:47 pm »

Playing the Imperial Guard campaign of Retribution.  One of my four characters is relatively mundane, a mere sergeant with a penchant for not dying.  He can sneak around Catachan-style, but he's basically just a tough dude with a plasma rifle.

Then we found a freakin lascannon.  A tripod-mounted monstrosity as tall as him, with massive blast shield.  This thing is basically an anti-materiel sniper rifle... emplacement.  It's 100% effective against all armor types (most anti-armor weapons are "weak" against infantry- the lascannon cares not).  It takes time to set up, and the fire rate is abysmal, but it's glorious to see it blow chunks off dreadnoughts and tanks.  Even chaos space marines fall to its beams, which generally come from offscreen.  It's wasted on basic infantry, since it targets one at a time, but it's worth it to watch them gib.  I didn't know that was a thing.

I just got an upgrade which lets him skip the lengthy setup process.  Now he doesn't even need to set up ahead of time, he basically swings this emplacement like an assault rifle.  This is like Master Chief carrying around a stationary turret, except he's just some unaugmented human in a vest.  Freakin Catachans.

I can't take much credit for this, but my team *is* owning.
WH40K DoW2 Retribution
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: October 18, 2017, 04:51:38 am »

Merrick isn't even Catachan. He's from the 85th Vendoland, if I remember the regiment number right. He, and presumably his surviving men, were folded into the Cadian regiment led by Lord General Castor.
Spoiler: Of course he's badass. (click to show/hide)

Too bad I can't find much information on Vendoland. I can only assume that Vendoland Guard regiments have to ferried on ships with more powerful engines simply because of the added mass from their titanic balls.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: October 18, 2017, 10:25:41 am »

Started out as the queen of Bovaria. Five betrothals, nineteen assassinations, one seduction, and a small war later and my son is now the Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire with all of Saxony and the Francias under his belt at the age of twelve without lifting a finger.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:37:05 am by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: October 19, 2017, 06:01:05 am »

Frog Fractions is a quality edutainment game perfect for young children. 10/10 would play again.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: October 19, 2017, 10:53:31 am »

I got ambushed by two full armies of Skaven as Dark Elves with Malekith leading.

He fought at least five units of clanrats by himself for a good ten minutes. Then he kept killing them when they'd rally. He held off one whole flank of their advance for the whole goddamn battle.

Total War Warhammer 2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: October 19, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »

Mad king's tower.  Arguably the hardest jumping challenge in the game, tricky jumps, timed jumps, and multiple routes, all while under a very strict time limit. It's only available during the Halloween event.  Last time I did it was nearly 5 years ago, the first year the game was out.

I beat it... on my first try this year.

Guild Wars 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: October 19, 2017, 02:33:39 pm »

Being a badass is apparently like riding a bike.

Once you learn, you never forget.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: October 19, 2017, 06:40:43 pm »

Being a badass is apparently like riding a bike.

Once you learn, you never forget.

i have got to get this on a t shirt.

the only hard part is finding a suitable image to photoshop that quote over
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: October 19, 2017, 06:45:18 pm »

Chuck Norris
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: October 19, 2017, 07:03:56 pm »

Chuck Norris

2 minutes in gimp, done.

Spoiler: behold (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: October 19, 2017, 07:07:08 pm »

The second or third Mimic I killed dropped a Magic Knife(unmodified). The first reforge made it Broken, the second reforge made it Godly. Much things die now.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: October 19, 2017, 07:14:09 pm »

Captured an entire herd of elephants which are currently being trained as beasts of war.

I've never used war animals before so this should be good.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: October 19, 2017, 07:15:37 pm »

Captured an entire herd of elephants which are currently being trained as beasts of war.

I've never used war animals before so this should be good.

Sell them off, they autodie of starvation(they literally can't eat fast enough). Unless that bug's been fixed.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 710