Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1239819 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - S3 - Patch 3.06 Freljord
« Reply #11550 on: May 06, 2013, 04:13:31 pm »

I've watched that thing four or five times already, but it still drives me almost to tears. Especially the Sion voice, for some reason.

Also it looks like there'll be quite a lot of new faces in the summer EU LCS - I'm really sad seeing Giants go, especially since I can't stand Alternate.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11551 on: May 08, 2013, 01:11:44 pm »

Ezreal (the character, not the Rioter) appears to be hinting at the next champion. It's an ancient and mysterious winged figure with a strange sword, apparently with influence that spans the entire continent.

Also bonus original image with intact Lux-Ez shipping sketch.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: May 10, 2013, 04:16:06 am »

And they did the reveal (quite quickly too, was expecting atleast a week of teasers) : http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/news/aatrox-darkin-blade-revealed

Nothing special honestly, not extremely innovative, yet not extremely boring. Just another champion release that's bound to be forgotten after a week or so, just like what happened to Quinn :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: May 10, 2013, 04:31:18 am »

And they did the reveal (quite quickly too, was expecting atleast a week of teasers) : http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/news/aatrox-darkin-blade-revealed

Nothing special honestly, not extremely innovative, yet not extremely boring. Just another champion release that's bound to be forgotten after a week or so, just like what happened to Quinn :S

Yeah but he seems rather solid with a gimmick that isn't too game changing. Which frankly I have no issue with, he is boring mostly because he is completely solid.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: May 10, 2013, 04:37:51 am »

Ugh, more grimdark. And Riot were doing so well with Zac, too...

Other than that, a combination knock up/dash, an AoE slow, a decent steroid and sustain, manaless. Seems like a really good kit. Sadly he looks awful.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: May 10, 2013, 04:45:39 am »

Ugh, more grimdark

Given that my last conversation people considered Grimdark superior to all other alternatives because it is more "realistic", I am going to guess this is a popularity move.

Though I will say that Zac seems to act and behave sort of contrary to his story in that he seems a bit more sinister then what should be a genuine hero character.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: May 10, 2013, 06:26:14 am »

"I'm gonna do to you what the Chinese did to Pearl Harbor"

This is funny on so many levels XD

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11557 on: May 10, 2013, 01:24:26 pm »

Oh hey, a new champion with a concept that's completely unique within league. I'm glad we're expanding to new concepts that we haven't seen be-- oh, he's evil. Never mind. Boring champ.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: May 10, 2013, 01:44:10 pm »

Ehhh. If generic character concepts were a sultanate, "Demonic warrior with wings and big sword" would be the scheming Grand Vizier plotting to overthrow the Sultan "Burly bloke in armor".

Also I can't get over how bad he looks. So bad. And that screenshot of him doing his purple AoE looks exactly like the Warlock's wots-its-face aoe stun in WoW.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: May 10, 2013, 01:47:15 pm »

I'm just sad he doesn't have anything to do with Kayle and Morgana. The wings kind of made me hope for that.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: May 11, 2013, 01:00:05 pm »

So, food for thought question. I've been introducing a few new buddies into the game recently. One thing that I've noticed I've had to do as a teacher is draw boundaries on who they're allowed to play. So far, Master Yi (And the rest of the melee carry crew), Darius, and Teemo have come up.

What would your top 5 "Don't play this champ, he'll teach you bad play" champs be?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #11561 on: May 11, 2013, 01:03:34 pm »

Singed.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: May 11, 2013, 01:39:43 pm »

Teemo is a good introduction to kiting, if nothing else. Oh, and global taunts!

I'm not sure if any champions "teach bad play" as such. If I were introducing new people, I'd tell them to stick to tankier champions for the time being and leave it at that. Perhaps mention to avoid things like TF, Shen and Nocturne, since it's so easy to mess up with their ults due to teammates not being on the same page as you. If new players really enjoy playing dumb things like melee carries, just [try to] explain the problems they can expect to face later on, and leave them.

When I started playing, I was playing with a lvl 30 friend of mine, and we duoqueued, meaning I was facing lvl 20+ opponents from the start, and I pretty much sucked at everything. I really enjoyed playing Critplank, and I didn't have any particular difficulties playing that, compared to more versatile picks.

Low level play is a mindboggling thing, so you can get away with a lot. Also people need to mess up a few times to learn, anyway. Just don't let them impulse buy 6300 IP champions. I'm speaking from bitter experience here.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: May 11, 2013, 01:58:22 pm »

No, Teemo isn't a good introduction to kiting. Sivir or Ashe are good introductions to kiting. Teemo is a good introduction to being a useless little shit while your team fights 4v5s because Teemo has absolutely no utility, and people always think  his R means they need to keep every square centimeter of the jungle warded as opposed to actually being useful.

Meanwhile, Champs like Darius teach that stealing kills is a good thing, and that it's not your fault as long as you're kd is positive.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: May 11, 2013, 02:58:57 pm »

Playing against Darius is a good way to teach when simply taking your chances in fighting someone may be better than attempting to run, especially as another melee bruiser in top lane.

Champions like Riven, Cassiopeia, Veigar and similar combo based champions may not be the best to start with, since they require some amount of timing/button smashing that doesn't agree with everyone.

Aside from that, let them experiment and figure out what they're good with, and go from there with suggestions.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1067