Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1239934 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15060 on: August 24, 2015, 12:16:13 pm »

Relying on Diana's autoattack passive is silly. She needs to get into melee range so unless you are trading with a melee champ you are unlikely to get more then 3 autoattacks off on an enemy so only one passive proc. It's much more efficient to get more AP on Diana then attack speed and Luden's is a very good choice for the increased move speed which Diana needs to smash orbs onto people and refresh shield.

Nashor is much better on autoattack reliant champs like Kayle or Rengar who can get more autoattacks off.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: August 24, 2015, 04:33:03 pm »

Relying on Diana's autoattack passive is silly. She needs to get into melee range so unless you are trading with a melee champ you are unlikely to get more then 3 autoattacks off on an enemy so only one passive proc. It's much more efficient to get more AP on Diana then attack speed and Luden's is a very good choice for the increased move speed which Diana needs to smash orbs onto people and refresh shield.

Nashor is much better on autoattack reliant champs like Kayle or Rengar who can get more autoattacks off.

Renger. Nashor's on Rengar. The same Rango who only has one AP scaling versus two high AD scalings. The same Ragoo who has a massive AS steroid on his primary damage ability. The same Ringuini who gets all the AS he needs from Youmuu's active. Would you also suggest Nashor's on Vayne?

Sorry, I can't take anything you said seriously. Especially when it came at the tail end of a bunch of people explaining why Nashor's is in fact a good buy on Diana.

Mind, if you're playing high-end Ranked 5s with your team on comms, you could probably forgo it most games. But going for 100% initial burst 0% utility for a champion that can't 100-0 anything but a 30-MR carry without being fed when you're playing alone? Trusting that your random teammates will reliably be able to finish fights and close out matches after you maybe kill one person is not a good idea.

There's an enormous difference between needing 1 Q and three autoattacks and tossing out a Q and killing the casters. You need something on the order of 350 AP to be able to kill casters with 1 Q by the time you can reasonably have that amount. Ludens lets you do it pretty much at level 9. Deathcap puts it off for another item or two.
Why do you need to be able to do that by the time you have your second item? The only situation where early fast waveclear is useful is if the enemy naturally pushes lanes. Unless you're incompetent enough that you can't farm under turret, that doesn't matter. If the enemy laner wants to keep shoving under turret, let them, and call your jungler -- even if they're a tool and ignore you, it still gives you a favorable position in what is apparently a tough lane, making it harder for the enemy jungler to gank and providing more space for you to fight and chase if the enemy laner does something stupid and you get onto them.

Diana's a lot like Akali in terms of early laning, really: you just need to learn how to farm under tower and live until 6, then focus on getting kills. It doesn't matter if your waveclear sucks early and can actually be beneficial if the enemy laner stays in the habit of AFK pushing after you hit 6.

Also, your numbers are bullshit. If you get every drop of lane experience (unlikely, so we'll assume that missed exp balances out with potential kill involvement/leaching off Raptors like a scumbag), you'll hit level 9 at 10:30 in game. With perfect CS (fat chance from even relatively good players, much less Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze) you'd barely have enough gold to get Deathcap.

So unless you're magically teleporting around the map getting participation in a bunch of kills, stealing jungle camps, and still getting perfect CS in lane, you're not going to have that. Luden's you can get if you have near-perfect CS (still unlikely). And then you're stuck with a poke tool designed for champions like Nidalee and Vel'Koz that does both jobs poorly instead of one well. It's like a Lich Bane, except it can't hit towers and will probably only proc once in a fight. It's like Nashor's except it forces you to burn MP to waveclear. It's like Deathcap except it doesn't scale as well and isn't gold-efficient even with the passive, never mind without it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: August 24, 2015, 05:58:34 pm »

I really don't get why people rush Ludens on... Anyone, ever.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15063 on: August 24, 2015, 06:28:50 pm »

Renger. Nashor's on Rengar. The same Rango who only has one AP scaling versus two high AD scalings. The same Ragoo who has a massive AS steroid on his primary damage ability. The same Ringuini who gets all the AS he needs from Youmuu's active. Would you also suggest Nashor's on Vayne?

Sorry, I can't take anything you said seriously. Especially when it came at the tail end of a bunch of people explaining why Nashor's is in fact a good buy on Diana.

Mind, if you're playing high-end Ranked 5s with your team on comms, you could probably forgo it most games. But going for 100% initial burst 0% utility for a champion that can't 100-0 anything but a 30-MR carry without being fed when you're playing alone? Trusting that your random teammates will reliably be able to finish fights and close out matches after you maybe kill one person is not a good idea.

There's an enormous difference between needing 1 Q and three autoattacks and tossing out a Q and killing the casters. You need something on the order of 350 AP to be able to kill casters with 1 Q by the time you can reasonably have that amount. Ludens lets you do it pretty much at level 9. Deathcap puts it off for another item or two.
Why do you need to be able to do that by the time you have your second item? The only situation where early fast waveclear is useful is if the enemy naturally pushes lanes. Unless you're incompetent enough that you can't farm under turret, that doesn't matter. If the enemy laner wants to keep shoving under turret, let them, and call your jungler -- even if they're a tool and ignore you, it still gives you a favorable position in what is apparently a tough lane, making it harder for the enemy jungler to gank and providing more space for you to fight and chase if the enemy laner does something stupid and you get onto them.

Diana's a lot like Akali in terms of early laning, really: you just need to learn how to farm under tower and live until 6, then focus on getting kills. It doesn't matter if your waveclear sucks early and can actually be beneficial if the enemy laner stays in the habit of AFK pushing after you hit 6.

Also, your numbers are bullshit. If you get every drop of lane experience (unlikely, so we'll assume that missed exp balances out with potential kill involvement/leaching off Raptors like a scumbag), you'll hit level 9 at 10:30 in game. With perfect CS (fat chance from even relatively good players, much less Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze) you'd barely have enough gold to get Deathcap.

So unless you're magically teleporting around the map getting participation in a bunch of kills, stealing jungle camps, and still getting perfect CS in lane, you're not going to have that. Luden's you can get if you have near-perfect CS (still unlikely). And then you're stuck with a poke tool designed for champions like Nidalee and Vel'Koz that does both jobs poorly instead of one well. It's like a Lich Bane, except it can't hit towers and will probably only proc once in a fight. It's like Nashor's except it forces you to burn MP to waveclear. It's like Deathcap except it doesn't scale as well and isn't gold-efficient even with the passive, never mind without it.

Dude, your argument for Nashor's on Diana is stupid. AP Rengar is viable and if you are going AP Rengar then guess what, Nashors Tooth is good on him, much better than Nashor's on Diana.

What is hilarious is that you explain why waveclear isn't that important early on, but that is probably the only advantage Nashors has on Diana, getting a Luden's is easily the better choice for poking which Diana can do quite well. You are not going to get 6 autoattacks off in a mid-lane trade, Nashor's makes 3 autoattacks more likely but if you have Luden's your going to do similar damage as Diana's passive proc anyway and you are going to proc Luden's much more then passive.

If you are split pushing then for taking down towers yes Nashor's is a good choice, however your not going to split-push in the early game, you are going to want to harass and then combo your enemy which your going to do much more easily with Luden's. Movespeed is much more important on Diana then AS and the more AP the better.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: August 25, 2015, 01:11:19 pm »

Ok, first of all, why aren't you gonna get 6 auto's off? As melee, Diana moves quicker than ranged mages passively, and the shield lets her soak up a lot of damage.
And... you forgot about that 20% Cdr, which is pretty critical on Diana. Also, Nashor's gives bonus damage on auto's, so those 3 auto's do 45% of your ap + 45, + your passive proc. Not sure how Diana's passive scales, though. Luden's is about 20 or so more damage on each skill which amounts to 80 bonus damage, plus the 100+whatever%. But if your gonna use it for wave clear, like you said, the bonus 100 won't do much against the enemy.
You also said Luden's is better for poking. I'd rather have my Q up 1/5 more of the time, for more ults.

I didn't really mention the CDR because there are better items for getting CDR and situation dependent, like vs AD you can get Frozen Heart, vs heals you can get Morellonomicon, vs AP you can get Spirit Visage or Athene's (the latter of which is better for firing off more Q's with additional mana)

6 autoattacks is going to be longer than 6 seconds unless you have higher then 1.0 attack speed. 6 melee autoattacks are going to be even longer because you have to be in range for each autoattack. With her combo she can get 3 autoattacks off without letting opponent do much of a reply, however once her combo is done then opponents can CC or dash away and if they aren't dead already then you only really have the option of using ult again and 1 more auto-attack and/or using Q again. Getting 6 autoattacks of in this trade is really hopeful.

Theorycrafting always seems to ignore what opponents will do, no opponent is going to stand there and not retaliate, the ones who will stay and eat 6 autoattacks will probably be hitting harder with their autoattacks while others will CC you or escape.

If you are going as a Diana top and focusing on splitpushing then Nashor's will be the better choice, but you are also better off going Tryndamere or Rengar who can do the same job better, or Kayle if you want to do it while AP.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15065 on: August 25, 2015, 02:41:39 pm »

Ya'll are yelling about Diana, but nobody is jumping over the server move! I've heard wonderful reports of friends getting ping below 50 which is just...amazing, at least here on the eastern side of the nation. I'm about to play and I'm so psyched.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: August 25, 2015, 03:41:00 pm »

Ya'll are yelling about Diana, but nobody is jumping over the server move! I've heard wonderful reports of friends getting ping below 50 which is just...amazing, at least here on the eastern side of the nation. I'm about to play and I'm so psyched.
The best part is all of the salt of west coasters. "Oh nooo I have 60 ping now literally unplayable" meanwhile east coast has been rocking 100+ pings since the creation of the goddamn game.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: August 25, 2015, 04:42:04 pm »

This is fucking glorious in every way. Went from 200ms ping average to 40ms, and all these salty SOBs are crying delicious tears.

3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: August 25, 2015, 05:31:30 pm »

I've got a pretty crap computer, so my ping's usually 90-120.  :(

Ping shouldn't be affected by your computer's quality.

Shit, I was waiting for this.  Of course it happens after I quit.
Shoes...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #15069 on: August 26, 2015, 09:46:07 am »

This is a sad day for me.

My ping went from 160 to 250. Literally unplayable. :I

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: August 26, 2015, 09:57:43 am »

It may be time for you to switch servers. Maybe the OCE server is closer?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: August 26, 2015, 11:14:33 am »

:c

I think they're doing free server transfers for a while?

3. Run Resize Enable

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: August 26, 2015, 01:28:47 pm »

:c

I think they're doing free server transfers for a while?

I think that's only going to be for people going from other servers to US...I would send a message in to support, though, I bet they could help you out if you complain that it's because of the server move.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: August 26, 2015, 02:55:17 pm »

At worst, a Japanese server is opening relatively soon, and it sounds like that's closer to you, and they usually do free transfers to new servers.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: August 26, 2015, 07:48:55 pm »

It may be time for you to switch servers. Maybe the OCE server is closer?

it seems slightly unreasonable to force people to pay to get away from shitty servers
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1067