Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1239943 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1515 on: July 13, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »

It's like free elo day.

I'm loving this.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 02:44:03 am by Yodamaster »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 13, 2011, 07:05:00 pm »

This is the first time I've bought a new champ on release. I'll never do it again.

If I get into a game most of the time someone else has picked her first. If I am quick enough to pick her someone ends up queue dodging, or will try to get others to queue dodge by picking something like rally/smite soraka.

:(

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 13, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »

Leonas everywhere.

She seems pretty easy to play though, so I don't see *too* many failures.

The fail players seem to mostly circulate around the fact that they have no bloody clue how to play tanks. They hide at the back of the team, build like they're playing Jarvan or something, and then pussy out every time they take a little bit of damage. Same with fail free week Renekton players. So cowardly and pathetic.

I'm still freaking scared of all the Cassiopeias running around. Leona synergizes very well with her, especially in lane. This makes me EXTREMELY scared for the day Kayle and Gangplank go free to play...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 13, 2011, 07:59:42 pm »

Leona is average, in my opinion. Pretty balanced. I haven't seen her enough to say too much though.

Also, 22/3/11. An average Yorick game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 13, 2011, 08:11:42 pm »

Leona does seem pretty balanced. She's really tough, but her damage is meh so it's a tradeoff. Good tank attribute though. Endless stuns means you can't ignore her. Also, I think the most important thing is that psychologically speaking... we're not indoctrinated to think of her as a tank yet. For example, when I first started this game, I would never have guessed that Amumu was a tank without my friends telling me. Thus, right now I have to keep reminding myself not to focus her.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 13, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

Same with fail free week Renekton players. So cowardly and pathetic.

I dunno. One of the last games I had featured a Renekton who was too brave and ended up feeding a Gangplank who proceeded to wreck everybody's shit.
Also often called Boowells.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 13, 2011, 11:39:43 pm »

Same with fail free week Renekton players. So cowardly and pathetic.

I tried Renekton and this was my game. So then I played Annie and actually did not terribly.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 14, 2011, 12:29:13 am »

I've been percolating another zany build idea.

Tank Annie.

Annie's AP ratios are kinda meh. Especially when you compare her to Cassiopeia, who can essentially do everything Annie can... but with more damage. However, Annie's base damages are really high for a caster, and I believe that her power solely comes from that. It's why casters like Fiddlesticks, Annie and Lux become so bleh in late game. Their ratios are to blame and they've been doing all their damage though base damage alone.

Now, think about Annie's skillset. She has a shield that returns damage ala Rammus. She has very good stuns up the arse like Kennen. And she can AOE stun like a true boss.

I don't know about you, but that sounds like a pretty good tank. Heck, that almost sounds like Leona.

What do you guys think? Incredible or what-the-crap-is-wrong-with-umi?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 14, 2011, 12:46:48 am »

Go for it, man. I'ma try that myself, but I'm really inexperienced, so I don't know what exactly I should build.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 14, 2011, 02:47:10 am »

Akigagak, Lumbajak and myself met a level 30 Teemo with 400 wins who had no clue what Singed does. He was quickly enlightened.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 14, 2011, 03:35:09 am »

Akigagak, Lumbajak and myself met a level 30 Teemo with 400 wins who had no clue what Singed does. He was quickly enlightened.

You say quickly, but he was still suiciding into my poison right up until that final teamfight.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 14, 2011, 04:08:20 am »

Tank Annie.

Omg that's genius ! and as a bonus, everyone loves to focus annie ! It's like hardwired in people's brains, makes your job even easier !

I'll definitely try it, besides i like to play annie. And unexpected builds :p (it's just hard sometimes to convince people that AD soraka or Tank tristana are not worthless)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 14, 2011, 04:42:03 am »

I've been seeing Enemy!Singeds doing a silly thing, build Red Crystal first on their way to RoA.

I mean, don't they know about his Passive? 1/4 of his mana to health means the Blue Crystal gives a Singed 50hp, and it costs 2 HPots less than Red.

I guess their thought process is: Singed is supposed to be tanky. Tanks have health and are harder to kill. Buy health item.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 14, 2011, 07:05:20 am »

So, i'm not the one to whine about OP champs much and stuff, but after today i have to wonder, when are they going to nerf Nunu?

Now i don't mean his jungle or anything, i haven't seen those today, but he is certainly much more annoying and dangerous than lanewick ever was, he has the same heal as WW but he also has his ranged slow harrassment tool combined with his speed buff.Whatever i try to do and harrass him as Rene he simply heals it up on our next minion wave and happily continues throwing snowballs our way.Now i get it that you should have a ranged champ to counter this but really, if you have a lane with Leona and Rene on one side and Nunu and Rene on the other it's pretty clear who will win it.Luckily that was the hard part seeing as their Twitch was rather killy and our Cass was quite beastly by midgame, slithering around every lane and picking up kills like mad :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 14, 2011, 07:36:22 am »

Just had a solo mid give up six deaths to Xin Zhao in the first ten minutes.  Xin Zhao proceeded to faceroll.  What did we as a species do to deserve free Vayne week?

What makes it worse is I can remember, just a few days ago, thinking "Thank goodness, no more 5 Caitlins vs 5 Caitlins"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:22:16 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 1067