Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1239856 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

Another round.
 Warwick did weed one minute before the match. I had to babysit him when we laned together because he didn't have the sense to retreat.
 Yet he was still one of the better players in our team.
 *sigh*
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Another round.
 Warwick did weed one minute before the match. I had to babysit him when we laned together because he didn't have the sense to retreat.
 Yet he was still one of the better players in our team.
 *sigh*
Sometimes, I play with a friend. Sometimes, she's 6 seconds slow. You can tell by when she's coughing away from her mic.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Just tell any high players on your team to play support.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Just tell any high players on your team to play support.
That's usually what she plays. Sona ults come in after teamfights.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Ah, maybe a little too high then.

Also I just played one of those games that you know is over at two minutes. I'm Shyvana, I take the enemy red buff, take a golem, see a skirmish in bot lane and then pick up a double kill. Our fizz then gets a kill on the enemy cass. We're 3/0 before three minutes.

We took the three outer towers by fourteen minutes.

I ended that game 11/2/14.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

Tomas1297: take more ranged
Tomas1297: they can kite us
Aqcha: never retarted noob

I left.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think I already met this guy being an enormous dick...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:00:05 pm by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Oh man, I just jungled Kayle, and our team had Riven on top and Darius against her. Having a deep hatred for Darius, I decided to harass the crap outta him.
LVL 3 gank with redbuff, he escapes, burning flash with it. Escaped with half hp, I stick to the bushes and wait for him to return.
Well, he returns but didn't expect me to stay. So now with no flash, he gives FB to Riven.

Riven has now a head start, and she kills Darius on her own. Later, I'm coming to gank him, Darius is almost dead but flashes away. I use my Q to slow him, and Riven catches up and slays Darius.

It felt really good to shut him down. Really good. And because enemy Panth ganked only mid and bot, Riven got to freefarm all game she wanted, and when she didnt farm, she was killing the enemy team.

Kayle is a really nice jungler, Q to slow and amplify dmg, then activate E and W heal + MS boost if needed, ignite the enemy, and keep whacking them with redbuff powered E. She deals surprisingly large amounts of damage when let to do it, especially late game: Gunblade, Manamune, Guinsoo, Trinity and Nashor's Tooth. Loads'e attack speed, incredible damage output and the ult lets you land at least 5 additional attacks, which all heal you, which lets you live long enough to land 1 or 2 additional attacks and so on.. With the CDR from Nashor's Tooth, you can play her pretty much permanently as a ranged attacker.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Despite how everyone likes to complain about tanky DPS, I've decided that the one class your team can't do without is ranged AD. We just get the crap consistently kited out of us when nobody wants to pick one. No matter how much of an advantage we have, kiting just negates it.

Oh well, Draven should solve that and get us back to the ol' 3 AD autolock teams. Graves top, Cait/Varus mid, Draven bot. Calling it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

You don't need ranged AD if you just have a couple characters with close/stun, close/nuke, or close/become invincible combos, like Lee Sin or Fiora.  In fact, anytime I play a ranged AD and see Fiora on the other team, I just accept that I'm going to be completely worthless past the laning phase.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Despite how everyone likes to complain about tanky DPS, I've decided that the one class your team can't do without is ranged AD. We just get the crap consistently kited out of us when nobody wants to pick one. No matter how much of an advantage we have, kiting just negates it.

Oh well, Draven should solve that and get us back to the ol' 3 AD autolock teams. Graves top, Cait/Varus mid, Draven bot. Calling it.
I'd say it is the other way around, you can easily drop out the range AD.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say it is the other way around, you can easily drop out the range AD.

Likewise, I agree, so long as the bruisers have gap closers. Bruisers are extremely strong in soloqueue, whereas ranged AD are not. In fact, I'm getting constantly stuck with bot. Why not take a bruiser down there? Hrmmm.

I mean, hell, just get a jungle Amumu or a Malphite. Superior initiation -> jump on their damage source -> win game. I won a recent Jax game just because I constantly constantly jumped on Kog/Ryze/Darius in that order and ignoring everyone else. On top of that, because of the general lack of teamwork in normals and soloqueue, I'd rather towerdive with bruisers because they can take a few punches from a tower.
Also often called Boowells.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Even with teamwork... I played as Ash lastnight and did amazingly early game.  I was 9/2 by the end of the laning phase.  We were 5 pre-made and communicating really well.  I nailed several cross-map arrows that decided skirmishes, because I was able to tell them the arrow was coming and work out the proper positions.  I did amazing damage.

But they had a Wukong and an Amumu.  Late game, all Wukong had to do was stay hidden until Amumu initiated.  As soon as he did, Wukong would dash on top of me and ultimate.  I'd be dead before the stunlock was over, without ever having an opportunity to fight back.  Even a Banshee's Veil didn't help.  Amumu would drop my spell shield, but everyone else on the team would still be unable to protect me.  Wukong's dash is near instant, and he can go straight from that to his ultimate, so I never had a chance to fire my stun arrow in return.  If I stayed back far enough not to get caught in the mess, I was of little use in the fight.

It's all about the dash-disable.  There's too many of them in the game.  Ranged DPS are forced to build survivability, but then they're almost all designed to be completely item-dependent for their damage, so they still end up being ineffective against the melee champion who tends to have a built-in damage boost along with the closer.

The only way they stay alive is if their teammates have tons of hard cc, and dedicate it all to protecting a single damage dealer.  Even then, there are the champions that can destroy the ranged dps while in an untargetable state, such as AP Yi or Fiora.

The whole meta game just keeps building up more and more around a catch/hold or nuke dynamic where fights are usually decided in split seconds based on who lands the first "gotcha", and the ranged dps characters aren't designed to fit very well into that.

I used to love playing Mundo, because he was somewhat immune to the meta-game... but even he's been nerfed to the point that he can't survive and sustain the way he used to.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:28:51 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even with teamwork... I played as Ash lastnight and did amazingly early game.  I was 9/2 by the end of the laning phase.  We were 5 pre-made and communicating really well.  I nailed several cross-map arrows that decided skirmishes, because I was able to tell them the arrow was coming and work out the proper positions.  I did amazing damage.

But they had a Wukong and an Amumu.  Late game, all Wukong had to do was stay hidden until Amumu initiated.  As soon as he did, Wukong would dash on top of me and ultimate.  I'd be dead before the stunlock was over, without ever having an opportunity to fight back.  Even a Banshee's Veil didn't help.  Amumu would drop my spell shield, but everyone else on the team would still be unable to protect me.  Wukong's dash is near instant, and he can go straight from that to his ultimate, so I never had a chance to fire my stun arrow in return.  If I stayed back far enough not to get caught in the mess, I was of little use in the fight.

It's all about the dash-disable.  There's too many of them in the game.  Ranged DPS are forced to build survivability, but then they're almost all designed to be completely item-dependent for their damage, so they still end up being ineffective against the melee champion who tends to have a built-in damage boost along with the closer.

The only way they stay alive is if their teammates have tons of hard cc, and dedicate it all to protecting a single damage dealer.  Even then, there are the champions that can destroy the ranged dps while in an untargetable state, such as AP Yi or Fiora.

The whole meta game just keeps building up more and more around a catch/hold or nuke dynamic where fights are usually decided in split seconds based on who lands the first "gotcha", and the ranged dps characters aren't designed to fit very well into that.

I used to love playing Mundo, because he was somewhat immune to the meta-game... but even he's been nerfed to the point that he can't survive and sustain the way he used to.

Ashe is a support AD, you want other people fed.
Not you!

Otherwise you just go pop.

#1 ashe backup is a freakishly strong wall.

Fed Amumu or fed Nautilus.

You should be supporting A bunch of Meleees, with someone who has strong cc to back you.

A lee sin is a defensive tank, and should be able to save your ass, if only with a frozen mallet.

Bird could probably help too.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Ashe should ideally be the one getting fed.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Ashe should ideally be the one getting fed.

Only if you can control the enemy team!
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1067