Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34851 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (No more slots)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 05:29:02 pm »

Anyway, I've decided to just try and keep this place on an even keel 'til someone with more inclination- and maybe, ability- to lead comes along. Just coast along, nice and easy, making sure the fools don't export any precious quecameda...
Just coast along, nice and easy, 
Nice and Easy...       

Yasten: "Ohhhhh carp. So much for nice and easy."

*THUD*   

*THUD*

*THUD*

Yasten: "...If anyone needs me, I'll be under me desk."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 07:37:25 pm »

From the Journal of Yasten Nombesmar, Mayor of Crewtowns, 15th Felsite 190

Disaster!
I've only been mayor for a short while, and already there's a crisis! Those lazy b*stards haven't even found me any quecameda yet, and now we have a giant on our doorstep. Well, mustn't panic, so I ordered everyone inside, could hear the damn thing approaching quite clearly. Ugly brute, parading up and down in the nude.
It came to a halt a fair way from the walls, apparently watching us, and I wracked my brains for a solution.
Just then I noticed some idiot bumbling around outside the walls with a load of stone.
"Rigoth, you fool!" I shouted. "Get inside, giant! Drop that stone and get in here, you stupid cow!"
But she was squinting at something in the distance. At first I thought she was just staring at the giant in terror, but then she turned towards the fort, waving a hand and shouting something.
"What?!" I yelled back, feeling a little hoarse-being mayor isn't all nice offices and cabinets, I'm learning- and she called again, I heard her this time: "Caravan! An elven caravan!"

By Limar, this should be amusing.

From the Journal of Yasten Nombesmar, Mayor of Crewtowns, 22nd Felsite 190

So much for a disaster. The giant must have a brain as small as his feet are large! The fool's been chasing a bloody cavy pup around in circles for hours, pausing only to crush a dog and a donkey that got too close, ignoring the elves and the wuradi who just arrived. I had planned to let the elves distract the thing while we rushed out and hacked at its knees, but as he'll probably be there a while I let a couple of merchants in.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:07:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 08:05:08 am »

Oh wow. Things really started to go to hell in a hurry, huh?

Edit: No idea why no one is attacking the giant. You would think that the wuradi at least would do something. Maybe you should invest in some traps, or find a way to lure the giant towards the merchants?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:17:48 am by Michael_Almeida »
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:26 am »

Hey, Yoink? Your time is running out. I'm giving you until the end of the day to finish your turn. Otherwise I'll have to ask you to post your save as is anyway and Nyxalinth will take over your fort, playing his turn and yours if he wants to.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 07:35:21 am »

Yeah, I might not be able to finish, sorry. I made a decent bit of progress, but then my save got corrupted somehow, so I started again, doing the same stuff-- Most things are the same, but there was a cyclops instead of giant, f'rinstance. Anyway, I'll see how much I can get done! Again, sorry! :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 10:54:01 pm »

(Double Post) Okay, well, I'll just make another journal post in a little while, and then upload the save.
Just one question, though: Whoever's coming next, do you want the game BEFORE or AFTER I deal with the frost wyvern? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 06:09:54 am »

(Disregard how this message looked, I messed something up somewhere.)

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Yoink, post your saves, or so help me I'm just going to skip over your turn altogether.
I've already modified the rules and I'm going to try and see if Nyxalinth is still going to play.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:14:01 am by Michael_Almeida »
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 07:01:19 am »

Sorry! D: I didn't finish it I'm afraid, but as a special treat to you guys I left a frost wyvern just on the edge of the map. I wasn't sure if you wanted the save before or after I dealt with it, so...
Again, sorry for stuffing everyone around, I haven't played a sucession game before. :(

Oh yeah, here's the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4567
Booze is Life for Yoink

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 08:02:20 am »

Nyxalinth doesn't seem to be responding, so I'm going to try and contact Zhaine as well. This is really starting to go very badly very quickly.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 05:00:12 pm »

...You're kidding me. Alright, since one couldn't play and two others never responded when their turns came, I guess I'll take another turn. @_@
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Zhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 11:12:22 am »

Sorry about that guys been away with work. Did not think that my turn would come up so soon. =/  Leaving again in a couple of days so I guess if this is still going when I get back in a week or two then I'll jump back on the wagon. Really sorry I missed the call and stuffed you guys around.
Urist: It's 106 miles from the mountainhomes, we got a full wagon of gas, half a pick of cigarettes, it's dark down there, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Catten: Hit it.
Damn you vile character limit!!!

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 07:44:54 am »

Sorry about that guys been away with work. Did not think that my turn would come up so soon. =/  Leaving again in a couple of days so I guess if this is still going when I get back in a week or two then I'll jump back on the wagon. Really sorry I missed the call and stuffed you guys around.

Well, stupid crap happens. I've already worked through the rest of Yoink's turn and hopefully I'll be done with mine soon as well. I'll be sure to contact you again once your turn comes up.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 05:15:52 pm »

I think perhaps you should edit the '(no more slots)' bit?
As it seems we need more players... Sorry! :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Looking for more players)
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 02:38:51 pm »

Alright, let's see if we can get more people in here.
In the meantime, here's my turn

4th Timber, 190

Looks like 'dat coward ol' Iki put in charge couldn't take the heat... or the cold, so to speak.
A Frost Wyvern is on the horizon. A distant relative to the dragon, but still a dangerous beast. And now our leader is cowerin' under his desk, wettin' himself while the real dwarves fight.

I'm still trying to wrap me head around how the rooms were dug out. Did I start this? Or did they do it? Still, I don't like it. Makes it very hard to expand properly and will end up costing us in the long run. Mind you, I'm not too fond of our chances with that Wyvern there and all.

I'm going to start by digging out another hovel and I'll send our dorfs after that damn beastie.

6th Timber, 190

WAIT.
WHAT.
HOW.

Lesson learned: Wyverns are weak.

Three masterwork alder bolts and one slash from a bronze axe, I sh*t you not and the wyvern dies. Wow.

9th Timber, 190

I believe that it is in our best interest to expand our workshops. It is taking too long for our butchers to deal with these dead corpses and they will all spoil before too long.

In fact I will focus on expanding our fortress for now. Also, It might be a good idea to increase our defenses.

5th Opal, 190

Armokdamned disorganized mess of EVERYTHING.

Everyone is holed up inside of the fort while there are items and ammunition scattered outside, so I had them collect them all.
And bleedin' lazy gits everywhere no working on anything... This needs to change. Now.

28th Opal, 190

Mayor's finally happy with his chambers, but there are still far too many lazy gits all over the place... I've also started plans on a dining room to see if we can at least get the bleedin' idiots out of the way of the actual working people.

16th Obsidian, 190

An Aurid caravan just showed up. I've been doing some adjustments according to personal preferences and I think I'll need to start kickstartin' the metalsmithin' industry soon.

21st Obsidian, 190

I blame myself for this.
Several gobbos ambushed us and I sent my men out to attack like a brazen fool. Four dwarves have died and several more are now wounded.

We need a new plan. More defense, and less charging like an idiot. We're still unprotected from anything out to strike at our rear as well.

8th Slate, 191

Migrants, well we could use some soldiers to replace those who died, and a population boost is usually always good.
Okay, that's a LOT of migrants.

6th Hematite, 191

Couple of kobolds showed up after some trading with the elves and wuradi. Cowardly things scurried off the moment they were seen.
We killed some of the blasted things, though.

24th Hematite, 191

The guys elected a new mayor so whats-his-face was kicked out of his office. We'll find him a new home, though.
Also some gobbo snatchers showed up. We killed one of them.
The new jackhole however, decides to endear himself to us by mandatin' ballista arrows. I hate this git already.

17th Timber, 191

Funny story: One of the guys takes over a leather workshop, and starts demandin' all but the kitchen sink, and eventually comes up with a boot.

A single boot.
I'm gonnae kill myself one of these days.
Oh and more bloody 'bolds.
At least the dwarven caravan has appeared.

18th Timber, 191

Gobbos.
Bloody gobbos are ambushing the caravan.
I can do this, though. We have traps and an army. As long as I don't charge like a fool we should be fine.

24th Timber, 191

So the caravan is pretty damn well equipped and took out those gobbos. And then more show up. And the broker is too busy being a lazy git to trade, and I don't trust any of the other nitwits to trade our stuff to them.

28th Timber, 191

HOW HARD IS IT TO GET THE HELL INDOORS INSTEAD OF RUNNIN' AROUND TO HUG THE BLOODY GOBBOS?
Three retards. Dead. I hate this job

13th Moonstone, 191

We were offered a barony. And knowing what colossal purring maggots nobles are I quickly refused.

20th Moonstone, 191

The mayor just walked into my bedroom. He shouted about how we never made his ballista arrows.
He then started yelling about arresting someone who had nothing to do with ballista arrows and I told him we had no jail.
He then yells at me to make a jail and get the fortress guard in order.
I laughed in his face and told him to piss off.

19th Obsidian, 191

Another caravan, and another gobbo ambush.
Going to see if people stay inside this time.

23rd Obsidian, 191

Turned out the caravan and the gobbos near cancelled eachother out, but GODDAMN MORE GOBBOS
WHY IS NO ONE GOING INSIDE

1st Granite, 192

We've scared off the gobbos and have started to collect what we can from the caravan that was torn apart by them.
There are six dwarves in the hospital, and so far seven died.
The worst part is that this is as good as it's going to get.
We should probably start up another squad soon, and we need more housing for our people.
There is plenty of food, so that isn't a concern.
We can do this. We can survive. We WILL survive.

End of Year Report

Dwarves: 121 living, 7 dead
Soldiers: 19
Strange moods: 5
Artifacts: 5
Created wealth: 366337 Dorfbux
Food: 190 meat, 194 fish, 1199 plant, 291 seed, 1203 drink, 1791 other
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:43:04 pm by Michael_Almeida »
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Looking for more players)
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 02:53:58 pm »

:-\ Frost wyverns certainly aren't supposed to be that weak, and I've never seen them to be that weak that they'd die that easily. I'll run tests to see what happened here soonish.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20