Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108433 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh. Screw this. Reading fifteen pages is a monumental task. Anyway, to the question I was asked earlier, I would naturally want either of the ICs on my scumteam- their experience would give me a significant boost.

I don't think this is the response you wanted to give.

I think the response you actually intended to ply us with involved more quotes of other people's statements, with responses afterwards--perhaps even containing a bit of budding snark, a touch of elegant alliteration.

Barring that, stupid-ass questions like "Who would you protect if you were the doctor" or "what are your suspicions right now."

But I'm not voting right now, and you're already starting to piss me off.  Get to work or I'll vote you instead one of the other sorry shlubs I've got my eye on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bd, kilakan, UltraValican: The three of you promised posts. I see no posts. This is a problem.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

Bd, kilakan, UltraValican: The three of you promised posts. I see no posts. This is a problem.

Do you have any questions, cause i still have nothing.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a. Reread the game.

b. If at any point you don't understand someone's motivation for asking a question/making a particular retort, or something seems fishy, put it in your Big Fat Reply with a query under it.

c. If you find any contradictions, put them down, too, with the possible addendum of "what the fuck is this," or similar.

d. When you start getting information back, consider who you should vote.  Either that, or vote the person with the most incomprehensible/contradictory quotes (other than yourself).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Nothing's going to just fall in your lap. Go look for it.

You're still top target to hang. If you want to live, I suggest putting a little more effort into scumhunting than you are right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Read the thread! And I'm going to start with my suspicions on UltraValican, based on what I've read. I kind of forgot the first few pages but:
Upon close questioning of his vote on someone, he withdraws, unvotes and doesn't even ask any questions or even attempt to scumhunt. He proceeds to stay like this, getting in a completely unrelated conversation whilst still not scumhunting. You continue to be jumpy and bandwagon people with no prior reasoning, and whenever questioned on it you pull off again from voting. Oftentimes you (this may sound a bit hypocritical coming from me, but whatever) try to get out of suspicion by lamenting about your newbieness. I sucked too but at least I tried to get scum. All you have is a half-hearted attempt to look like you are, with horrible logic that looks like you just put nonsense and prior reasoning in a blender, set to "crush ice", and dumped the haphazard chunks all over your bandwagons. Now, I'm not an IC. I don't have to feel mercy for you because you suck. So I'm going to press you, without mercy, I want an explanation for your actions. And not "I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck". UltraValican. Pressure vote. Answer.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Powder Miner.

Give me your second pick.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh. Screw this. Reading fifteen [pages is a monumental task. Anyway, to the question I was asked earlier, I would naturally want either of the ICs on my scumteam- their experience would give me a significant boost.
You know what, that's bloody wierd, just don't post, or atleast be a little more non-chalant about it. 

Ya, well sometimes things roll over to other days, and I have something to say, just look at the bottom of this post.

Bleh I sleeped in super late again, like really late. Give me a bit to post.
For the amount you are active on the rest of the forums buddy you must be a god damn sloth.  Post a bloody reply or just admit you are scum, or that you need a replacement.

Read the thread! And I'm going to start with my suspicions on UltraValican, based on what I've read. I kind of forgot the first few pages but:
Upon close questioning of his vote on someone, he withdraws, unvotes and doesn't even ask any questions or even attempt to scumhunt. He proceeds to stay like this, getting in a completely unrelated conversation whilst still not scumhunting. You continue to be jumpy and bandwagon people with no prior reasoning, and whenever questioned on it you pull off again from voting. Oftentimes you (this may sound a bit hypocritical coming from me, but whatever) try to get out of suspicion by lamenting about your newbieness. I sucked too but at least I tried to get scum. All you have is a half-hearted attempt to look like you are, with horrible logic that looks like you just put nonsense and prior reasoning in a blender, set to "crush ice", and dumped the haphazard chunks all over your bandwagons. Now, I'm not an IC. I don't have to feel mercy for you because you suck. So I'm going to press you, without mercy, I want an explanation for your actions. And not "I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck". UltraValican. Pressure vote. Answer.
Gratz, you just repeated everything else everyone already said with a bit about a blender.  At this moment a pressure vote is bloody pointless, try asking some other people some questions.  For having as much time as you did, You should have been able to atleast comment on a few other things.

Bloody hell man, atleast go back and attempt to re-answer some of the questions you blew so hard the first time.

As for powderminer finally showing up, and BD being as quite as a dead man, I'd like to vote to EXTEND

((OK IC's-I'm going to be having minimal time until Sunday of this week on the computer, for a number of different reasons, largest being work.  I can still read most things using my phone (which costs me a lot of money if I try and post), and I'll attempt to get a good post in atleast once a day, but if this is gonna be a problem I'd like to ask for a replacement now, rather then get voted out for being a lurker.  I figured it would be best to warn everyone ahead of time.))
Nom nom nom

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

Okay, you want an explanation on what I did here is your explanation
You continue to be jumpy and bandwagon people with no prior reasoning, and whenever questioned on it you pull off again from voting. Oftentimes you (this may sound a bit hypocritical coming from me, but whatever) try to get out of suspicion by lamenting about your newbieness. I sucked too but at least I tried to get scum. All you have is a half-hearted attempt to look like you are, with horrible logic that looks like you just put nonsense and prior reasoning in a blender, set to "crush ice", and dumped the haphazard chunks all over your bandwagons.
That is exactly what I intended to do, jump on bandwagons for people I was suspicous of.

@ Vector why the sudden vote for powder miner?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bandwagons are scummy because they show you want to get someone lynched with no real reasoning. AKA scum trying to thin the ranks.
And my second pick would probably be you Vector, for your early tunneling of kilakan. It seemed rather like you were just tryign to get him lynched, not scumhunting.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kilakan, everyon else has mentioned that because hmmmm I've been kinda gone for15 pages and not been there to make responses.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bandwagons are scummy because they show you want to get someone lynched with no real reasoning. AKA scum trying to thin the ranks.
And my second pick would probably be you Vector, for your early tunneling of kilakan. It seemed rather like you were just tryign to get him lynched, not scumhunting.
I'm not defending her, but that's a crappy reason to call someone scummy, there's plenty of other things shes done you could call her on.  The tunneling I just took as attempting to make me break quickly, sort of what I tried on UltraValican, though he was easier.

Kilakan, everyon else has mentioned that because hmmmm I've been kinda gone for15 pages and not been there to make responses.
Boo bloody hoo, think of something else, like in the last couple of pages, not that hard to come up with new ideas or point out things people missed.  Hell even discuss the things that other people pointed out. 
If you can't think of anything to add to the UltraValican discussion then go after a different person, kinda interesting how you call him scummy for bandwagoning but you voting him when you regurgitate what you read about him and then vote him isn't scummy?
Sorry, I was out at my grandparents' cabin with no wi-fi. I'll be checking the thread over now. I'll do a more detailed post in a bit.
Powder Miner-A detailed post isn't just recapping what other people discussed, Even if you don't wanna draw from the first 10 pages, pick up something to comment on that's recent and actually your thoughts. 
Nom nom nom

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ Vector why the sudden vote for powder miner?

I voted for Powder Miner because I think he's scum.  Either that, or a really bad player--and in either case I'm going to press him until he becomes

a. a better player or

b. dead

First he showed up and decided not to do anything except answer the RVS on him.  I gave him a framework for how he should behave upon coming into the thread late.  He ignored it and double-bandwagoned, citing other people's arguments.

Oh, it did?  Thank you for rehashing Max White's argument for me, and choosing the second-most-discussed target.  I feel that you have fulfilled my question most nobly.

Now you have the same burden on you that Max White had.

How did it seem that I was "just trying to get him lynched?"  What does scumhunting look like?

Here's a cute hint: in my book, you aren't doing it.  Ask me a question or throw a quote at me, but don't just lazily pick up bandwagons like your top scum pick.

Hypocrite.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Whiteboard

UltraValican - 5 - kilakan, breadbocks, Max White, Jim Groovester, Powder Miner
Powder Miner - 2 - Think0028, Vector
kilakan - 1 - bdthemag
Vector - 1 - UltraValican

3 votes to extend, 5 to shorten, no hammer!

One vote for extension!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and UltraValican:

Do you have a case or a query to do with that vote, or do you want it sitting on me and chewing the fat?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37