Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108418 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So UltraValican's head in on the block, and in some time nothing new happens. Then Powder Miner turns up and Vector is all like 'BAM!' vote him, he is the scum! Final chance to draw attention off of UltraValican and he's scum partner is all over it. Vector even goes so far as to justify her vote either way, stating that Powder is so bad that lynching him into the ground will improve he's game sooner or later. Were lynching Powder for he's own sake, right Vector?

Uhhhh... no.  UltraValican has five votes on him.  I don't think he's scum, and even if he is scum, adding a vote isn't going to add much pressure.  I can give him information on how to play town better in hopes of him improving his presentation without additional pressure, because he has more than enough pressure.  I'm almost certain he's going to be lynched without a chance to take a breather and learn how to play, but, well... that's how it goes.

I intend to bother Powder until either a. he has improved his playstyle or b. he is dead.  Either or.  He's just entered the game and some good, old-fashioned shin-kicking intimidation goes a long way.  This has nothing to do with "lynching him is good for him," it's "I respect my skills as a pedagogue enough that I'm sure he'll clean up soon enough--if he's town."

I'm not lynching him.  When I want someone lynched, you'll know it.  Right now, he's being educated.

You need to learn that, aggression or not, I am not trying for a lynch every single time I rest my vote somewhere.

so why worried about it beyond appearance sake?

Because a vote on someone for no reason whatsoever is a vote that isn't scumhunting.

In case you don't remember, I am an IC--which means that I am currently telling a lot of people what to do in a way that I wouldn't normally in a Mafia game.  In this case, UltraValican desperately needs to be scumhunting right now.  So I'm telling him to either put some questions where his vote is or move it somewhere useful.

I wasn't expecting him to just unvote, given all my other advice, which is why I added:

Hohoho.

Now find someone and ask them a question, bucko.

Powder Miner read the last 15 pages, then tell me what you think of Max Whites responses to Vectors questions. DO EET.
Provide me with the motivation for this question, please.
Read: Your looking for other peoples opinions of an argument against me? Why? Could it be because it is right and I don't want other people to know?

. . .

Read: is he trying to kick up that fight again indirectly, or use Powder Miner to throw Max White under a bus?  Why is that the first question he's asking of his scumpick?  Does he have any evidence?

This doesn't look very good...

Max White, you're picking at straws and every time you bring in the same stupid arguments and suspicions.  I explain to you how you're extrapolating data sets and twisting information.  You go through the same bull-headed fight with me and don't pay any attention, because Vector Might Be Scum Oh My God Think of the Children.

You're wasting your time and energy, and as far as I can tell you aren't learning a blasted thing from it.  Hell, you're wasting my time and energy, which just makes me into an even grumpier IC.

And I can answer that question to IronyOwl, at least partially: play a lot of games and pick the style that works best for you.  There's no point in adopting a style poorly suited to your personality and limitations.

@Max White
The mislych comment was ment to be ironic.

You're online, but not asking any questions.  Why?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Because Vector Might Be Scum Oh My God Think of the Children.
This is totally going in my sigtext for the week.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

I did ask a question directed to think082.
@ MaxWhite, Vector was questioning a lurker who has just psoted for the first time, it seems pretty natural to question someone who hadn't posted in a while ,even more so when the man in question is trying to make an excuse to not do anything simply because 15 pages seem "too damn long"
Sounds like your OMGUS acusing Max White so thats why I have my FOS on you.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're right--I apologize.  Missed that one.

More questions are generally good, but you're doing a lot better for now.  Keep up the good work.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

@ MaxWhite, Vector was questioning a lurker who has just psoted for the first time, it seems pretty natural to question someone who hadn't posted in a while ,even more so when the man in question is trying to make an excuse to not do anything simply because 15 pages seem "too damn long"
Sounds like your OMGUS acusing Max White so thats why I have my FOS on you.

I'm not saying that Vector questioning is suspicions, I'm saying that instantly calling him scum with little foundation is suspicions. He hasn't shown up the entire game, so there is a chance some people were thinking of policy lynching him already, accuse him of being scum and you have the perfect scapegoat.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like, no matter what, you've decided Powder Miner is scum.  There's no way to find a townie under that, is there?

I voted for Powder Miner because I think he's scum.  Either that, or a really bad player.

Ah, yes.  I'm totally scapegoating him and trying to manipulate everyone into thinking he's scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

IronyOwl: I see you there, on the sign up sheet. I suspect you were told to help the mafia in their scumchat, but aren't in the game, so not allowed to post here, thus why we have not seen you. This is a bit of a stretch, but let's imagine this is true and cross our fingers. Both Jim and Vector have been showing differing styles of play, so as a newer player, what style do you think I should try to adopt to most help the town and hide myself when required? If you could answer in your scumchat, I will read it after the game.
Or I'm wrong and your not involved at all, if so, never mind.

Mine.

It's really hard to fuck up with my style. It's bold, direct, aggressive, and transparent. It's specifically tailored to look as maximally town as possible. It's also devastatingly effective to all but the most skilled scum teams.

Although UltraValican does seem scummy, I think he's more of the confused noob who kinda gives up after awhile (Like me.). My two scum picks right now are Max White and Powder Miner. But first i'll start with Powder Miner.

Powder Miner read the last 15 pages, then tell me what you think of Max Whites responses to Vectors questions. DO EET.

Cozying up to the IC, I see.

My general planning with this is, do to the responses to your questions it got me a bit suspicious of Max White. Since Powder Miner and Max White are my scumpicks then im going to see his response to Max White. If its something along the lines of "Blah blah blah he's not suspicious" then that shows signs of buddying. If its something along the lines of "YEAH HE IS SCUMMY" that might be something along the lines of a bus.

This totally makes more sense in my head.

That's a pretty terrible plan, but I'll give you credit for trying.

What do you make of UltraValican and Max White? What's your opinion of them? Does anything about their play bother you? (If it does, you should ask them about it.)

Vector, if you're so busy voting people to pressure them, who do you actually suspect?

Think0028, if you thought0028 I wouldn't notice you over in the corner over there, sitting around, not doing anything, not speaking up, you're wrong. You could almost say, dead wrong.

Why are you being so quiet? How come you have nothing to add?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this point I am so covered in newbies that I can't tell who is being stupid and who is scum.

I'm information-plowing.  Sorry.

But other than that:

Powder Miner
Think0028
Jim Groovester

I'm kind of busy trying to get the folks who I think are noobtown to stop pinging my radar, because if they learn how to scumhunt then I'll be benefited quite a bit.  Hopefully I'll be able to stop doing so much pedagogical work after D1.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Depends if it's already thursday for you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Na, bro, Wednesday.
Still need to figure out the conversion between Australian and American time from memory.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

=
Bd, kilakan, UltraValican: The three of you promised posts. I see no posts. This is a problem.
You seem to  forget that powder miner didn’t post at all when you made this post care to explain why you were so soft on the most obvious lurker, Think0028
?
Actually, Powder Miner had posted at that point. He said he was rereading the thread an hour before my post.

Bd: Your second scum pick is Max White, right? Why? Any questions for him? Your 'question' for Powder is awfully leading: either Powder is scum buddying town or Powder is scum bussing someone else. Do you have more to say?
Powder Miner: Why so flippant when you finally posted? Where are your questions for Vector? Do you have any questions for UltraValican other than 'explain yourself'? If you're pressuring him 'without mercy', where is the rest of your assault on him? Why pressure vote someone who's already at majority?
Jim: I was writing a post at the same time you were. Yesterday I was busy with friends after 8:00 forum time, so I didn't see Powder Miner and today's posts til now.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

But other than that:

Powder Miner
Think0028
Jim Groovester

Reasons?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reasons?

Powder Miner - already discussed extensively.
Think - He's a strong player while he's here, but he's not often here and I haven't gotten a good read on him.  That'll come soon enough.
You - Gut/process of elimination.  I'm waiting on this for now because I don't have the energy to work on Fortress Groovester, and nothing has pinged me about you especially badly.  As I said... just a weird feeling.

Basically, I have six mental categories.

A - Folks who are CTs.  Me.

B - Folks who I've fought with enough to think they're town, and play okay.  Kilakan, Max White.

C - People who play terribly but are probably town.  BDthemag, UltraValican.

D - People who play terribly and are probably scum.  PowderMiner.

E - People who I haven't fought with yet and aren't giving off an especially reassuring aura.  Think0028, Jim Groovester.

F - ... People I forgot about until I started this list.  FUCKING BREADBOCKS.

BREADBOCKS, GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE OR SO HELP ME GOD I WILL SET IT ON FUCKING FIRE.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37