Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: For Glory and Adamantine: The Story of Steelbeard (epic succession, .25)  (Read 12384 times)

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
Re: For Glory and Adamantine (epic succession, .25)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 04:31:25 pm »

I should like a dwarf and a turn, good sir. Please make me a mechanic, perhaps with a few points in masonry as well.

Edit: And have you chosen a name for the fortress yet, or might we be able to suggest/vote on that? If that's the case, I would like to suggest the name Diamondbeard.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:33:57 pm by ImBocaire »
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 04:55:04 pm »

I have not chosen a fortress name. Any suggestions are welcome!
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 06:28:32 pm »

Guess I'm left with the carpenter. I assume he'll be the woodcutter as well. Name him Urvad if male or Bastsan if female.

As for the name, how about you let the RNG have a few tries and see if anything good comes out.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All right. I'll just wait for an hour to see if anyone wants in on the name before I start.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Name:

Anything with metal in it. We're going to be digging for candy, right?

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll use the randomizer to get a metal name for the first compound, then have "beard" added to that.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It begins!

15th Obsidian 250
Adamantine. That strange metal, so unlike anything else any encountered... possessing mythical qualities: weighing almost nothing, the superb ability to hold an edge, even the rumored power either to grant dwarves godly power or to drive them mad. I and six others have decided to start an expedition to find this wonderful substance. Together, we, the City of Ancients, will claim us a never-ending source of adamantine to make The Godly Bodices the most powerful nation in the world!

1st Granite 251
The new year begins with us at a small plot in The Jungle of Competing. Looking around, I notice a lot of palm trees and bamboo. There is a large plot of naked clay to the northeast; a wall rich in many materials to our east; to the west, the mighty river Whispermartyred the Lake of Infernos, which houses hippos, carp, and alligators. We should begin mining and tree-cutting immediately.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Steelbeard  :D

I find that a good omen for our military.

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nevermind, I'm blind, sorry

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you mean?

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Said that my name wasn't on list, read it wrong. Sorry.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

20th Granite
Work continues on the Great Atrium, the farms and what is now the dormitories but will soon be the sick wing. Beds are being constructed, soon we'll have a still... I'm still working out my priorities beyond that.

1st Hematite
Construction continues on the massive workshop I've ordered be dug. Also planned are a dining room and food storage, as well as residential blocks. I grow bored quickly. Is this all that this place will offer me? Tedium? I hope not...

18th Hematite
Immigrants come. Just three of them this wave. They're worthless! A cheese maker, a wax worker, and a clothier. I quickly throw the cheese maker (who would later tell me his name is billybobfred) into the bookkeeping position and the wax worker into the managerial role. Why couldn't they have sent more useful migrants our way?!

9th Galena
We now have a barebones fortress going.

1st Limestone
Furniture storage and the to-be-expanded dining area has been completed.

22nd Limestone
More migrants. Four this time. One dropped a bismuth bronze battle axe as he arrived.

19th Timber
Here comes the caravan! I'm calling over the trader to his depot now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:23:21 am by aussieevil »

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

28th Timber
Here are our trading orders:

Figurines and quivers are fetching top dorfbuck at the Mountainhome. I wonder why? Have the archers gone gaga?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, looks to be a good start so far, so I'll request a dorf, and maybe even a turn(if this thing hasn't gone off the rails by the time it comes to me, that is!). I'd prefer any dorf with axe skill, with profession Goremaster, and if possible I'd like to be militia commander.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

22nd Moonstone
The traders are gone. They were really ecstatic when we left, thinking they had gotten the upper hand on us. Really, our place is full of stones. This crap they see as valuable is worthless to us. Thanks for all the rope and food and stuff!

28th Opal
I panicked when I heard that elephants had been seen in the vicinity of where Bastsan was cutting down wood. I was fearful for her life; we didn't have any doctors yet! However, after I rushed outside, I saw her just chopping away like normal. No elephants in sight. I'm getting too paranoid on this job.

1st Granite 252
I can't do this anymore. I tell someone I bump into in the hallway that she's in charge now. I'm just going to go into my room and keep myself away from this world for a couple of days.

(Here is the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4564)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:41:48 pm by aussieevil »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12