Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41647 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 1: Webadict Is Crazy
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2011, 01:18:33 pm »

Ottofar:  We're waiting.

Darvi:  He had two votes on him before your third.  At what point does it stop being pressure and start being a bandwagon?  I'd think you could pressure him without a vote, but I suppose it's a fair toss either way at your point.

You didn't really answer my question, though.

Irony:  Using day-game considerations only, at what point would you bus a scum buddy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2011, 02:04:38 pm »

I see.  Can't even contribute by cooperating with questions, hm?
On them, I answer, so yeah.

Breadbocks, why not you.

So. Why are you trying to get a policy lynch through, starting from your second post?
Scum because a scumchat with experienced scumbuddies is a good thing to have.

By the way, I'm a miller. kekeke.
.... What is this I don't even... Unvote for now, but FoS, that was a really odd answer.

Ottofar, try again. We aren't at the point where policy lynches are out of the question. Ask questions, scum hunt, or get thrown into Wuba's ring.

This thing. You also have a proper pick, going as far as FoSing, but leave it there. Instead you choose to go for a policy lynch. Why?

This is followed by your second post:
I'd say doc. If people thought I were scummy, they wouldn't believe me if I said I was cop and found X person to be scum, whereas were I doc, I could provide action without people needing to believe me.

You don't seem very confident in your ability to convince others--or should I say, overly concerned with your public image.  Why?
Oh please. You've been in a fair few of my games. You know how mediocre I am. Wasn't there some mythology where a guy was gifted with future sight, but nobody believed him? Similar concept.

Hurm. Looking for a  safe, easy lynch much, Breadbox?
I'm looking to scumhunt, and you seem scumhunt worthy. I was simply stating that since this isn't lylo, a policy lynch isn't out of the question. And if you never do any ghost of an attempt at being useful, I say you get the noose.

So, Ottofar, who will you scumhunt first?

May I ask, how are you being useful? Driving a pointless policy lynch, and focusing on that, and self-defense only is what you think is useful? I'd say that's quite hypocritical.

And the last post:

While I wait for Ottofar to answer my question and stop being lurk/activelurkpants, Think, which is more powerful anti-town role, mafia roleblocker, or SK?

Still focusing on me, and asking pointless questions, to seem useful. With this, I vote Breadbocks.

Also

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2011, 02:06:06 pm »

Ohrite, hewas muted. Dammit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2011, 02:16:09 pm »

Your entire attack on Breadbocks is that he voted you with an intent to policy lynch, in a context where many other people were interested in driving such a lynch.

This seems a tad bit OMGUStacular.

(Also, I think I'm still on Breadbocks, so unvote until I can reread)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2011, 02:25:47 pm »

Anyways, Unoat BBox,

Pandar: Should we apply the Lurkerpolicylynch on you?

And you're activelurking on RVS.

What now :V

And you? Fuck, Darvi, for activelurking. Seven posts in game, with practically no content at all. Only meaningless questions and answers. Also for sitting on a policylynch on a person for active/lurking.

So yeah.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2011, 03:26:05 pm »

Darvi: Do you really think Vector's "crankiness" would betray her scummitude? All qualitative judgments aside, that's the last thing I would expect of Vector. What makes you say that would be likely to happen?
When people are in a bad mood, they are prone to making stupid decisions. I don't know her good enough (or anybody else for the matter) to know if that's the case with her too, so I'm just gonna go with the default of "yes".

Argument from ignorance is no argument at all, mah boii.

Also, I don't want to lynch Ottofar until we've checked he isn't a Jester. I know he's bad but simple incompetence has limits I feel he's crossed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2011, 03:58:42 pm »

Some sort of PGO, a vigilante-like role, and a doctor-like role.
Ouch. What would your strategy be for dealing with said scumteam, if you somehow knew they had those roles but didn't know their identities?

Okay, thought a little about this, and I feel that town would need a cop or two, of course, a townie with multiple votes, and a doctor at least. The reason a vigilante isn't up there is because that means there would be four deaths in a day/night cycle and things could go bad very quickly. What town would have to do is stick to good-'ol scumhunting during the day, using the multiple votes to their advantage, careful inspects at night, and the doctor(s) should protect the multiple voters if possible.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2011, 04:00:49 pm »

Totally forgot to throw in some actual questions...

Vector: After you reread, could you share with us your top scumpicks?

Pandar: Do you think policy-lynches should go beyond D1 and D2?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »

Policy lynches are never good and they should never happen, but I'll also admit I don't want certain people around at Lylo and, well, there's a reason for that.

What it amounts to is we should avoid policy lynching at all unless we can really agree it's truly better than, y'know, trying to lynch the scum. Because lynching the scum so we don't end up at Lylo at all seems to circumvent that whole problem quite nicely.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2011, 04:57:44 pm »

Oh hey an OMGUS with a self-contradicting justification. Was that supposed to be impressing? Because it impressed me how lame that was.

Dariush: after your "I'm a Miller lol"-post you haven't said a single thing. Who do you suspect right now and why haven't you done anything against them?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2011, 05:11:27 pm »

Fair enough
Unvote Toaster, Vote Ottofar

Lurky lurky lurk lurk? You also didn't answer my question.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2011, 05:20:21 pm »

Guys, I really do think Ottofar is a Jester. Not even he could be this useless while posting this much without it being an effort.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2011, 05:33:38 pm »

Irony:  Using day-game considerations only, at what point would you bus a scum buddy?
Ideally, the point at which I don't think I could really justify not thinking he's scum, or just the point where he's irrevocably in/heading for the lynch queue. Depends on how astute the others are, how much suspicion I'm under, how many other scummy targets there are, etc.

Bd, nice fourth bandwagon vote for something he's somewhat stopped doing. You don't think Otto's latest post counts as not lurking anymore?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:08 pm »

Bd: You appear to have missed my earlier question as well. Care to answer?

Vector: Fair enough. Unvote.

Otto: Do you still suspect Breadbocks? Or does your unvote represent a lessening of suspicion as well?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL!] Simple BYOR: No Idea What You're Talking About
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2011, 10:40:26 pm »

Vote Count
----------------------------
Darvi - NativeForeigner, Ottofar,
Toaster - Dariush,
Bdthemag - IronyOwl,
Think0028 -
breadbocks -
Vector - Pandarsenic,
Pandarsenic -
Ottofar - Toaster, breadbocks, Darvi, Bdthemag,
Dariush -
IronyOwl -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting - Vector, Think0028,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

I'ma get a replacement for breadbocks. Sorry for late vote count.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28