Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185050 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1080 on: July 28, 2011, 12:18:31 pm »

OOC:
Iituem, Terenos has a war-related post on page 70. Just a heads-up in case you missed it.

Yoink, all nobles who claim loyalty to Elbreth and who have regiments were in the strategy room for war-planning. From an OOC Chronological stand-point, we didn't really start posting about that till the end of Kaguro's trial...though there were a few posts at the beginning. From an IC chronological standpoint it happened sometime after (Like a week, I think? I'd have to check). All (or almost all) of the capable nobles have also been sent off to fight Preston. Terenos and Drua left the day of, or the day directly after, the war strategy. Everyone else marched out two days after.

In the Castle, the Night of Kaguro's Trial...

(Silas 5) For some reason the Steward buys your tale of insanity! He decides not to call the guards in to kill you. He's still going to call for one of the guards though, at least to arrest you. It wouldn't do to have an insane thieving-type sneaking around the castle unchecked. While waiting for whichever guard heard his shouting, the Steward also explains that he has never even heard of a "Mystic Blue Gem of Aknor" before, and if one was in the treasury he would know.

In Sheepstead ~4 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~6 Days after Sir Taric's Demon-slaying...

(Sir Taric: OOC) Eric is a player character, so I can't really give you much information on him. Just go back through the thread and look for McClay's posts (I think it was McClay?) and assume Erika told you anything there that would be public knowledge.

In the King's Court, ~1 Month After the Armies Set Out...

(Corv) Erik eyed the man for a moment, attempting to judge how much truth could be found in his words. Finally, he relented and handed the guard his sword. "Let him rise," Erik ordered before turning his attention fully to Reg "You understand that flaying a man and skinning him goes far beyond 'justice'. I will ignore your comments about slavery, but know that such things are outlawed here and you would do well not to mention them again."
He paused, a frown on his face, "You may be able to find a doctor in the town. Two of my guards will accompany you in your search, and you will go unarmed."

Elsewhere in the World...

In the Steppes...

(Sir Jormund) You and your small band of four or five men make your way across the steppes, returning to what was formerly the Baikov land. (5) Luckily, word of the Baikov's destruction has not spread faster than you can walk. You have claimed a single parcel of land as your own, but there's no telling how long you will be able to hold it. (5-2) You and your men quickly set about to setting up a small town utilizing what supplies the Baikov's left behind. It's more a tent-village than an actual town, but it will do the trick. A few of the Baikov survivors trickle in with their herds; The village will provide 1 ducat/year on top of the 1 ducat the land itself provides. But, once again, there's no telling how long you'll be able to hold it.

In the Eelspine Range...

(Ztah Raiders 2) The only other habitable land that the goatherders know of in these mountains is far to the north under the sway of Sir Taric the Just and Lord Kain Vadud II. (4) There are two towns in the Eelspine: Stonewood and Lonemine, both to the north and both in Elbrethian lands. (3) Your men set up a rockslide trap. It will provide a +1 to defense for the Eelspine regions, but only against forces coming from Suul. (1) Your men are unable to find any more habitable land that isn't under the control of Suul itself. In many cases, your men don't return at all - likely victims of nature itself. You will not be able to send out any more scouts for such an endeavor this year.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 28, 2011, 12:24:53 pm »

((Ah. Player character. I didn't realize that.))

Bid Erika my farewells. Gather the personal guard and head after Trubaldsome.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 28, 2011, 12:29:25 pm »

((I still need to know if I have two ducats or not. It was my impression that because I killed the bandit I wouldn't have to pay the Baikovs, but according to Iituem I had to pay them and therefore I have no money at all.))

Jormund thinks to himself,"If we're going to stay here, we're going to have to do better than this miserable town. We need some type of defence at least otherwise we'll quickly be overrun."

Attempt to build a wall
Send out a few men to nearby clans and see how much it would cost to hire them as guards instead of for a raid
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:50:02 pm by Jormundur »
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 28, 2011, 12:40:25 pm »

"No Mystic Blue Gem, huh? I'll never understand why it doesn't tell it to me straight..." Silas won't bother resisting arrest, since this seems to be an intended part of whatever his guardian angel has planned.

You begin considering the situation. It's almost certain that your guardian angel intended you to be arrested. What, then was meant to come of that? A few possibilities come to mind:
  • You are thrown in a dungeon. Perhaps there will be something important in the cell? On the other hand, that seems like the kind of thing they'd try to avoid.
  • You are taken to see the King. That seems far-fetched even given the situation! Yet it would certainly have a grave impact on the nation.
  • You are immediately executed. Technically possible, but what good would come of it?
  • ... Actually, that's all you can think of.
In the end, you come up with only one viable course of action.
>Go with it and see what happens.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 28, 2011, 01:46:58 pm »

((Tis okay Thatkid. I figured Iituem was waiting to let Drua have a chance to join up with me.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 28, 2011, 02:15:42 pm »

Reg grinned at the king

Good choice lad, better fer me and better fer yer country. Corv isn't un to like the slaughter of people comin' in peace. That's why the skinnin' and slavin' happened. I guess that me can come back later fer me weapon an' me shield an' that yer take good care of 'em lad the sword is a family 'eirloom!

with that the Weylander took a mock bow, grabbed the two guards by their necks and while talking something about finding a tavern and giving out a round, pushed them out of the throne room...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 28, 2011, 02:52:15 pm »

Erm...please answer my action? Please?

((Well, it was only an idea. It doesn't really matter. I'll just watch what Mahtan does and see what I can do with it))

Well that would slow down the plan, Locanil thought. He best do what he could do however. he would continue to teach the peasants. He couldn't do anything about Mahtan, he would have to take the slow and straight path to victory...

Action- Educate class

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 28, 2011, 05:23:41 pm »

OOC: Sorry, micelus. Didn't see your post during my pre-post skim.

And yeah, terenos, I assumed the same. Just figured I'd bring attention to it before it risks getting lost like so many other unfortunate posts. Though to be honest, most of the posts that get lost are the sort of thing I should be replying too, so...

Time Unknown?

(Locanil 4) It seems you've finally been able to make a break-through with this group of peasants. They can now all spell out their names perfectly, as well as your own name and a few other simple words like 'dog' and 'cat'.

In the Castle, the Night of Kaguro's Trial...

(Silas 1) The guards quickly arrive, and haul you off into the dungeons. The steward ensures that they don't rough you up, and even promises to get you an audience with the King.

However, a day or two later and the King still hasn't brought you up to speak with him. Further, the Gaoler hasn't even remembered to bring you food or clean your cell. It's almost as if you've slipped through the cracks.

In Sheepstead ~4 Days after Kaguro's Trial, ~6 Days after Sir Taric's Demon-slaying, Day of the War Meeting...

(Taric 3) You bid Erika farewell. It was a pleasant lunch overall, and it doesn't seem like she realized you were just mining for information. You then gather your personal guard and make your way towards Trubaldsome's quarters in the castle.

In the King's Court, ~1 Month After the Armies Set Out...

(Corv/Reg 3) You're able to find an apothecary who is willing to travel back to the Weyland Highlands with you for 1 ducat. Further pay will depend on the work he has to do. (4) You take the guards out drinking, and over-all the general consensus amongst their regiment is that you're not that bad a guy. Relations are good, over-all, and you've made a few friends in Elbreth's army.

Elsewhere in the World...

In the Ztah Steppes...

(Sir Jormund) Your men quickly set about to building a wall. However the intent and fervor which they show only helps reveal the fear and desperation behind this last ditch defense effort. It will provide a +1 bonus in defense, a bonus which, due to your lack of a regiment, you sorely need. (2-1) Some of your men return, some don't. By the sounds of it the neighboring clans not only have heard of your plight, but they've taken both acts of desperation as a sign of incredible weakness and are now circling like vultures. (5) One of your few remaining men returns covered in blood, a massive and grisly wound through his stomach. He isn't long for this world, but he's able to warn you: the Yevenov's have apparently joined forces with the bandits who's leader you killed in order to gain the Baikov's trust.

You didn't spend any ducats on gaining the Baikov's help earlier. Nor did you spend any ducats on settling the village (as you didn't mention using them in your post).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:30:38 pm by thatkid »

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 28, 2011, 05:27:03 pm »

Drua hails the troops and asks to meet up with Terenos. She was sure her husband could handle his regiment, and she needed a place to contribute. It'd be no use heading out again, getting lost again, and ending up trapped in the midst of battle. Being stationed with Terenos wouldn't be a bad idea; she did want to try out this lovely poison on some enemy troops, and she had heard faint rumours about Terenos being able to involve himself in interesting situations. If Miring was taken over, she didn't think her husband would do that well either, being a sympathizer and all...Well, if there was going to be a war, they weren't going to lose without at least a few enemy troops screaming in apotheosized agony.

Ask Terenos to accompany him in his regiment.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 28, 2011, 05:29:13 pm »

((Err, just a note: I was going to Trubaldsome beforehand to arrest/beat him...))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 28, 2011, 05:29:55 pm »

((Err, just a note: I was going to Trubaldsome beforehand to arrest/beat him...))
((Ah, ok then. I'll edit my post to signify your heading towards Yoink's quarters. Just be aware that should a fight break out then the royal army will get involved in pacifying both sides.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 28, 2011, 05:34:10 pm »

Take a few soldiers with me to Trubaldsome's quarters, with the rest of the regiment standing by incase something happens.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 28, 2011, 05:35:52 pm »

((...Do I get a +5 for Waery-ness? :S Poor Trubaldsome. He really is hard done-by in this cruel, cruel world... Everyone's out to get him. There's no-one for him to trust! Jeez, I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy. :'( ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 28, 2011, 05:45:54 pm »

OOC: I'm not entirely sure if anything needs to be rolled for here yet, so maybe roleplay this out a bit?

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 28, 2011, 05:48:54 pm »

Jormund is alone in his tent for several hours thinking about the pathetic situation that they've gotten themselves into. His only idea of possibly surviving is to pit the Ztah against each other, so he devises a plan to hopefully get them to at least weaken on another.

Send the Ztah that are in my camp to the camps of the various Clans that are circling my land. Have the spies warn the different groups about how they've heard about how one of the other clans is planning on coming in and claiming the land for themselves (most notably the Yevenovs and the bandits). If any of them seem less than keen on actually fighting for the land tell them that they might be able to make some money (1 ducat if unsuccessful, 2 if successful) if they instead help defend the town.

Basically try and pit them against each other and see if I can hire any of them if they're willing.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 188