Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Power
« on: July 25, 2011, 07:50:24 am »

(Also posted here!)

>Wake up.

Ow. Ow. Ow. Fucking OW, your arms HURT. Your arms... you still have arms? Why do you still have arms? Wait, why wouldn't you have arms? What the hell happened? God this HURTS. And why are your arms so blotchy?

"Mornin', sunshine. Sleep well?"

You try to spin around, before realizing that a) you're tired as all hell and b) you're lying on your back, so you merely roll over onto your stomach to find the voice. A bald old (old?) man appears to be sitting in a rocking chair by the window over there at the other end of the room. His skin is wrinkled, and covered in the same kind of blotching that adorns your arms. What you can see of it, anyway - everything but his face and left hand is concealed by a trenchcoat, and he's wearing heavy-looking boots.

You try to push yourself upright, but your arms give a sudden burst of pain and give out. You fall to the floor, smacking your chin for good measure. Ow.

"Don't try that again for a while, kid. New arms take a while to get used to."

You look at him questioningly, too tired and sore to speak.

"Found you out in the Boneyard, arms torn off and surrounded by a pack of Hunters. They already ate them, by the way, so I made you some new ones. Those Hunters won't be needing that stuff anyway," he says, in a low, gruff voice.

You look at him questioningly again, willing him to hear you think What stuff?.

"Alchemy, kid." Your eyes widen. "Well, I call it alchemy, but I dunno if anyone else would. Basically, what I do is break up and reform objects to and from elemental states. Your arms took the standard stuff - oxygen, hydrogen, calcium, carbon, iron, everything found in a normal human arm. Sorry about the fingernails, but I never really got the hang of those." He grins, as if it's a joke.

You open your mouth, desperately trying to form words. However, you're too thirsty to speak. The bald man seems to understand, and he reaches into his coat pocket, withdrawing a flask. He walks over to you - he appears to have a slight limp. He kneels before you and helps you drink the water.

Refreshed, you try again. Your voice comes out hoarse. "...how...alch...my?"

The odd man, still crouched in front of you, shrugs. "Hell if I know. I just sort of think it and it happens." He taps your forehead. "But since I used it to fix you up, I think you might be able to do it now. Some Powers work like that."

He limps back to his rocking chair. "And now there's two of us." He turns, flops down, resumes the pose. "You got a name, kid?"

You think.

"...no."

He sighs. "Yeah, thought so. Hunters like to eat memories. Well, whatever. People around these parts call me Carver." He allows himself a small smirk. "'People around these parts' being you, me and some Hunters, that is."

"Your arms stopped hurting yet?"

>_

Choose Stat Set:

HP: 25
PP: 20
STR: 3
POW: 7
DEF: 4
MNT: 8
SPD: 3
PCS: 6

HP: 35
PP: 10
STR: 7
POW: 3
DEF: 8
MNT: 4
SPD: 6
PCS: 3

HP: 30
PP: 15
STR: 5
POW: 5
DEF: 6
MNT: 6
SPD: 4
PCS: 4

Spoiler: TERMS: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: POWERS: (click to show/hide)
くコ:彡

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Power
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:03:00 am »

Set #3

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 08:04:40 am »

And an action?

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 08:28:36 am »

Try to get up and ask what hunters are.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:50:04 am »

One more vote, guys.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 09:01:04 am »

I'd like set #1, and that action.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 09:04:26 am »

I'll vote set 1 as well with that action
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 09:08:12 am »

Selected Set #1

>Try to gather your surroundings.

You look around yourself. You appear to be lying on a blanket on the floor of a rock-walled hut. The only other furniture appears to be the rocking chair the man is sitting in, as well as a small table behind it. You assume the door is behind you - you can't see it from this position.

>Try to get up and ask what Hunters are.

You push yourself to your feet, staggering woozily. "...whazza hunter?"

"Hunters are nasty buggers. Used to be human, most of them, but they got warped by someone with mutation Powers. Now they eat anthing with a pulse, and they have some sort of mind Power that drains memory on contact." Carver glares out the window at a distant howl. "Ugly as hell, but they're made of the same stuff as anyone else."

>Try breaking down the nearest object that seems to be quite ordinary with no real importance and no sentimental value. Make sure the object is sufficiently small to ensure GREAT SUCCESS.

Carver mentioned you might be able to use Alchemy now. You feel you should try it out. You crouch down and pick up the glass flask at your feet (it only stings a little now, though the lack of fingernails is disconcerting). Having no other ideas and not much choice, you think at the glass really hard.

The neck of the glass flask separates into silicon and oxygen, bound into spheres by your Power. (-1 PP) You try to break down the rest of it, but Carver snatches it off you. "Eager, aren't ya?" He produces two more flasks, and the floating elements flow into them - silicon in one, oxygen in the other. The flasks are swiftly corked and stuck in your belt, along with three more empty ones. Oh, hey, you have a belt.

Carver opens the door and shoves you out. "If you're that ready to go, try making a weapon out of something out there! You'll need it soon enough!" Before you can reply he's slammed the door in your face.

You look around. All there is in the immediate area is dark sand, rock, ground and bones. Lots and lots of bones. Big ones, small ones, some as big as y- wait, that's silly.

Anyway. What shall you do?

_____

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:57:05 pm by Zaerosz »

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35:34 am »

Use alchemy to harden the bones and shape them into a spear.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:07 am »

yes, fill all the bubbles in a bone with more bone and shape one extremity pointy by removing a little bone around it.

lets practice a little while we can.  :)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:21 am »

Use alchemy to harden the bones and shape them into a spear.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 09:59:07 am »

Use alchemy to create a complex slingshot out of the base proteins making up the bone. The bone itself hould be hardened into nanotubes while the rest of it should be formed into extremely tough, but stretchy muscle. form all leftovers into spiked projectiles, and use a small amount of proteins in the bone marrow to create poison.

All of this is scientific, poison in animals is made form protein, and I'm guessing bones and stuff have protein in them.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 10:07:55 am »

Use alchemy to create a complex slingshot out of the base proteins making up the bone. The bone itself hould be hardened into nanotubes while the rest of it should be formed into extremely tough, but stretchy muscle. form all leftovers into spiked projectiles, and use a small amount of proteins in the bone marrow to create poison.

All of this is scientific, poison in animals is made form protein, and I'm guessing bones and stuff have protein in them.

THIS is clever and a very good idea.
But it need to break components down to amino-acids and reshape them in complex proteins and then structures, while our idea of a bone spear only need to re-shape the bone. It is easier, and seeing our experiences stats, i guess we need easy practice.

If we were some levels above, i will vote for this idea, but for now, beginner need practice!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 11:24:58 am »

THIS is clever and a very good idea.
But it need to break components down to amino-acids and reshape them in complex proteins and then structures, while our idea of a bone spear only need to re-shape the bone. It is easier, and seeing our experiences stats, i guess we need easy practice.

If we were some levels above, i will vote for this idea, but for now, beginner need practice!
How about seeing if we can harden it, and if we can't, just shape it into a spear.  No reason not to try.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 11:28:15 am »

How about seeing if we can harden it, and if we can't, just shape it into a spear.  No reason not to try.

Bone are filled with tiny holes. fill these holes with bone.
Full Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17