Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1560420 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10905 on: June 25, 2014, 11:40:00 am »

Oh man, one of the best parts of Dragon Soul Relinquishment is that it makes an unarmed 'Punch Everything' build viable even without that heavy armor perk.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: June 26, 2014, 06:36:22 am »

Meh. Seems like I have to enable VSync and Triple Buffering because of this weird poltergeist physics bug that occurs when you have 60+ fps. The weird thing though is that I didn't have this bug until now.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: June 26, 2014, 07:15:03 am »

Oh man, one of the best parts of Dragon Soul Relinquishment is that it makes an unarmed 'Punch Everything' build viable even without that heavy armor perk.

True, I intended to use that vigorously in the Lets Play I did for a little while (never got around to it because lost interest and totally changed mod list shortly afterward) though now that I use SkyRe it would just seem a bit redundant (SkyRe gives you two "unarmed" weapons dependent on light weapon skill, and has perks relevant to them.)

Actually now I'm curious about something. SkyRe replaces vanilla unarmed damage bonus enchantments with damage reflection...would this also cause the bonus from DSR to change?
Probably not, but something I should investigate nonetheless.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: June 26, 2014, 12:05:49 pm »

I wouldn't think so; the way DSR does it is just by giving a flat buff to unarmed damage, rather than some sort of enchantment. Sort of like how Achieve This! just plain increases your base movespeed when you buy that with your points, rather than adding a permanent speed enchantment.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: June 28, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »

The Talos shrine in Whiterun... It annoys the crap out of me. How do I get it to actually help me? Normally when I get the "blessing" it reduces my shout recharge by a whopping 0%. Never got it to go higher.

I do, however, always wear the Amulet of Talos, which decreases it by 15% IIRC.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: June 29, 2014, 01:43:26 am »

The Talos shrine in Whiterun... It annoys the crap out of me. How do I get it to actually help me? Normally when I get the "blessing" it reduces my shout recharge by a whopping 0%. Never got it to go higher.

It reduces the recharge by 20%, it just SAYS 0%.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: June 29, 2014, 01:58:45 am »

Heh, has anyone tried reducing the shout recharge time to 0? Rapid fire shouts sounds like a great tool to induce game crashes.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: June 29, 2014, 02:06:15 am »

Heh, has anyone tried reducing the shout recharge time to 0? Rapid fire shouts sounds like a great tool to induce game crashes.

There's a mod called Dragon Soul Relinquishment that can allow you to reduce the cooldown to 0.  The whole shout meter at the top still has to cooldown, so sadly rapid fire shouts are out.

Now if someone modded out that little cooldown period, fun times could indeed occur.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: June 29, 2014, 02:08:07 am »

It's a display bug. It says 0%, but that's because it's rounding down from the fact that it's reducing your shout time by (time)*.2, which is in fact 20%.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: June 29, 2014, 02:14:13 am »

Open up the console, type "tgm".
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: June 29, 2014, 02:38:29 am »

Did it with enchanting exploits. Rapid fire shouts don't crash the game, but they are great fun.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: June 29, 2014, 04:02:57 am »

Did it with enchanting exploits. Rapid fire shouts don't crash the game, but they are great fun.
Can you make dragons use rapid-fire shouts? They could use some.
._.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: July 16, 2014, 04:21:33 pm »

I was told BOSS would sort my load order better than I could do manually, but constant CTDs everywhere suggest it was a lie.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: July 16, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

I was told BOSS would sort my load order better than I could do manually, but constant CTDs everywhere suggest it was a lie.
It's not BOSS. BOSS only sorts the load order. The crashes are probably from one of the mods.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: July 16, 2014, 08:23:08 pm »

It's not BOSS. BOSS only sorts the load order. The crashes are probably from one of the mods.

DLCs cause massive save bloat, corruption, immense bugs and errors galore. Have to use TES5edit to clean those DLCs otherwise your game will be as broken as the console versions.

And BOSS is old, outdated and utterly useless as hell. I always hated it in Skyrim, barely found any mods and was so crappy.

Get LOOT http://loot.github.io/

far better

Also, for a even more stable game...learn to use Wrye Bash for bashed patch and TESedit to merge modsand create a merged patch :)

My Skyrim has 277 mods, but actually only has 194 because I merged them with TESedit and the script mod to go with it. And funny enough, I have LESS ctds (very very rarely) than I did when I had with only 100 mods...and performance is better. Actually...performs better than vanilla+DLC game. So, my heavily modded Skyrim performs better than the consoles :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 896