Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 859 860 [861] 862 863 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1560458 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12900 on: September 24, 2016, 07:06:50 pm »

My most powerful character was a destruction mage.

The game got boring because I could kill literally anything before it touched me. Primarily lightning magic.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12901 on: September 24, 2016, 08:57:43 pm »

Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12902 on: September 24, 2016, 09:08:57 pm »

ALDEMERI aldemeri ALDEMERI aldemeri ALDEMIRI CHIMero
CHIM-CHIM-EROOOOoooo
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12903 on: September 24, 2016, 09:09:58 pm »

Are you having a stroke?
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12904 on: September 24, 2016, 09:16:37 pm »

I was have always been having a stroke, as long as Cyrodill was plains instead of a jungle.
CHIM~
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12905 on: September 24, 2016, 10:46:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Extra, extra! Climate change denial on the rise amongst disgruntled elderly elves! Read all about it!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12906 on: September 24, 2016, 11:34:23 pm »

Okay, wait, this is great.

ESO retconned Heimskr into the latest in a long line of cartographers and historians, all of whom are called "Heimskr".

In ESO, Phrastus of Elinhir thinks that their saying Cyrodiil was a jungle was a mere transcription error.

Lady Cinnabar of Taneth believes that Cyrodiil was a jungle when the Ayleids (being from around Valenwood anyway) were in charge and that its climate changed over time when the Empire of Man was in charge due to the resonance of White-Gold Tower and its Stone, CHIM-EL ADABAL, with the Dragonborn emperors now leading the place (especially given that the first of them was literally the child of Cyrodiil--his dad did love unto a hillock).

Heimskr, however, has more history to see: the Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition, written a few hundred years after Phrastus and Cinnabar had both died (them being Redguards, who don't live hundreds of years). The Pocket Guide mentions the jungles of Cyrodiil, which does not mesh with Cinnabar's explanation and certainly not with Phrastus's (which is completely wrong regardless).

So, what gives? This is answered in From the Many-Headed Talos, which Heimskr yells at you:

And after the throne of Alinor did finally break at the feet of Men, and news of it came to the Dragon Emperor in Cyrodiil, he gathered his captains and spoke to them, saying:

"You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you."

What ESO did is retcon Heimskr into not just reiterating scripture, but understanding it. When he says "Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!", these are not empty words; he knows what Talos did there, and why he did it, and what he was trying to teach us.

Remember that Talos filled in the place of the Ninth Divine, the Missing, Shezarr, Lorkhan, the Lunar God: their goals are similar, and this is what that is.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12907 on: October 03, 2016, 02:19:16 pm »

Nirnroots. Think they sound too annoying? Or too boring?
I found this here new Nexus mod which may or may not solve both issues.
And a Youtube vid to explain what it does.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12908 on: October 03, 2016, 07:56:41 pm »

lol yeah, the only reason I completed that red nirnroot quest was because that noise. Oh god that noise. And then o found those giant nirnroot in Dragonborn. My ears cried for days.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12909 on: October 03, 2016, 08:10:14 pm »

I remember I played Oblivion for quite a while before the alchemist told me they made a noise. I was quite surprised as I'd never noticed before then.

Wouldn't that mod mean nirnroots are more like mandrake roots?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12910 on: October 03, 2016, 08:14:15 pm »

I'm on a NORSE IN THE NORTHHHHH trip after watching the end of Game of Thrones and playing Viking Conquest so I decided to jump back into Skyrim. While I usually try either warrior builds or mages, this time I'm Osterkligr, the alchemist. I installed a flora harvest mod and alchemy re-balance and most of my play-through is hiding behind Lydia while healing her, casting summons and quaffing various buff potions. It's surprisingly fun, being a milk-drinking coward. I wish there was a mod that also allowed me to throw healing potions at my housecarl and summons to heal them.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12911 on: October 03, 2016, 08:38:25 pm »

That is like the biggest letdown (For me) in EOS: No throwable Potions. I mean, come one, you'd think you'd be able to simply chuck your poison of Paralysis at someone. 
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12912 on: October 03, 2016, 11:28:14 pm »

That is like the biggest letdown (For me) in EOS: No throwable Potions. I mean, come one, you'd think you'd be able to simply chuck your poison of Paralysis at someone.

Are you telling me those AREN'T for drinking!?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12913 on: October 03, 2016, 11:38:09 pm »

tHeys TEh GOoOD SHT!1!
She/they

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12914 on: October 04, 2016, 05:16:41 am »

Until you don't throw it hard enough and it bounces off, splattering harmlessly at their feet.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 859 860 [861] 862 863 ... 896