Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1560410 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1605 on: November 18, 2011, 08:10:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also isn't great that even though I am now 800 above weight limit, I can still fast travel with my horse?
...How I don't break it's back is a whole other matter...
Love, scriver~

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: November 18, 2011, 08:18:13 am »

Ok so I am now Thane, got my Hascurl Party Member, and I tell her to join me...
"It looks like you already got someone with you."

HUH!!!!
DOES THE HORSE COUNT!?!?!?!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: November 18, 2011, 08:28:26 am »

If you've told someone to waiy somewhere, they still count as your active follower. Some quests-imposed followers also seem yo do that. In the quest "Proving Honour" you're supposed yo meet Farkas at place X, and he counted as my follower from the moment he sent me on that quest, canceling out my huscarl (before I had had time to sell the loot she was carrying, even!).
Love, scriver~

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: November 18, 2011, 08:41:43 am »

Going through Swinderlers Den atm... Sigh wish I could be fully Silent, like take a bandit out one at a time. BUT NO...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 18, 2011, 08:44:27 am »

You need more Sneak skill.  I take out bandits one at a time all the time.  Sneak up, stab, hide until his friends stop looking for me, sneak up again, stab, rinse, repeat.   Even if the stab doesn't kill them, I just hide until I can stab them a second time.

I keep in shape by randomly killing town guards that wander into alleys.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 18, 2011, 08:45:12 am »

A Question regarding the quest to end the nightmares in Dawnstar:

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 18, 2011, 08:52:22 am »

Spoiler: Dawnstar (click to show/hide)
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: November 18, 2011, 08:53:45 am »

Kill Kematu or help him...
Which is the better path, both seem so grey with their reasoning... DAMN YOU STORY WRITERS THIS IS A HARD MORAL DESISION!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 18, 2011, 08:56:53 am »

And they don't even give you a karma bar!

Though I would have a karma bar and have both choices give bad karma.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: November 18, 2011, 09:00:56 am »

And they don't even give you a karma bar!

Though I would have a karma bar and have both choices give bad karma.
This is how games should be, no black and white. Nothing to tell ya, "Oh you chose to be the good guy." A pure, You made your bed now lay in it, moral choice. I missed these...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: November 18, 2011, 09:14:02 am »

I've played none since fallout 2. there are some, like heavy rain, but those aren't the genre of game I like.

the witcher had some, but all choices were too much lampshaded, not blending within the game like in the old fallout series.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: November 18, 2011, 09:41:38 am »

A quick question involving Daedra, since they always love to mess with me.

Is Azura considered a 'Good' Daedra? I've read an in-game book that points to her realm being one of beauty and peace. And she's the Lord of Dawn and Dusk, so that's not really a terrible thing to worship, is it?

Also, can you become a Vigilant of Stendar?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1617 on: November 18, 2011, 09:50:24 am »

Is Azura considered a 'Good' Daedra? I've read an in-game book that points to her realm being one of beauty and peace. And she's the Lord of Dawn and Dusk, so that's not really a terrible thing to worship, is it?

Yes and no. She tends to be kinder seeming than most other Daedra (then again when you're standing next to the prince of destruction and the prince of rape, kinda hard not to) but she's very petty, proud, cruel and vengeful at times, case-in-point: The entire main plot of Morrowind.

So whilst she's not "killburndestroy" evil she's definitely not a good character by any stretch of the imagination. Basically, she's kind of a bitch. The Daedra are all out for themselves and their own amusement and don't give a crap about anybody else. Azura fancies herself to be good, but there's plenty of evidence that she isn't and that her egotism on the subject is definitely not good for the world...

Another trick I learned:
Open console
type fov 90
Enjoy having a good field of view
:D

(Skyrim's fov is about 65. Somewhere between 75 to 90 is usually better for widescreen monitors, depending on personal taste. I prefer 90 but each to their own).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:58:03 am by MorleyDev »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: November 18, 2011, 10:10:14 am »

A quick question involving Daedra, since they always love to mess with me.

Azura doesn't care about anything but herself. She was the one who cursed the Chimer into Dunmer when they didn't want to worship her any more, for one. The Dunmer still consider her one of the three good Daedra (and since the fall of the Tribunal has gone back to worshipping them again, it seems) was that she and Boethiah and Mephala convinced those Ald-/Altmer who-would-become-Chimer that the Altmer view of the world and philosophy was wrong (which they pretty much are, though, in my opinion) and that they should leave Summerset and travel to Morrowind and worship the three Daedra instead of the Aedra (this was also the same event that Orcs stem from: The elven god-hero Trinimac tried to stop the Chimer-to-be from leaving, Boethiah ate him up and shat him out as Malacath, and Trinimac's followers turned into the Orcs).

But no, Azura is not a "Good" Daedra. She might be less destructive as her fellow Daedra, but's she still only does things that favours herself. Her realm is one of "beauty and peace" the same way Stepford is an idyllic neighbourhood. It's skin deep. At most, she can be consider a Daedra of ambivalent morals.

Now, the closest thing to a "Good" Daedra there is would be Meridia, but only because her sphere puts her in a position of having interests that mortals benefit from (aversion to undead, strange magics, etc). From what little we know of her, at least. She also only is a Daedra because she got kicked out of Aetherius by her father Magus (god of Magic and the Architect of the universe) because she hung around with the wrong crowd/did magic he did not approve of, while all the other Daedra (except Malacath, for above reason) are Daedra because they refused to participate in the creation of the world but still wanted to hang around and abuse it play with it later.
Love, scriver~

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1619 on: November 18, 2011, 10:24:41 am »

Master Destruction spells are

Hey, a permanent Fire Antonarch following me around? Sounds great to me!

Where do you find new spells? The college only has the lowest-level spells available.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 896