Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1560466 times)

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1965 on: November 20, 2011, 09:07:08 pm »

I'd go for Hammerfell or Summerset Isles. I feel like they would be the opposite of Skyrim, I'm interested in seeing how they would do deserts (if Hammerfell). Plus, I would like to see how they would portray a more exotic nation, would be a nice change of pace from Oblivion and Skyrim, which were pretty tame when it came to the locales (not that I didn't like them, I just want to see some of the more exotic locations of Tamriel).

I'd put my bet on Summerset Isles since they renamed them into something that sounds better, I don't think they did that for lol's sake.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 20, 2011, 09:39:08 pm »

What difficulty setting are you on?

adept

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 20, 2011, 09:40:26 pm »

What difficulty setting are you on?

adept
That might be the root of your whole "Everything is too easy" problem.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 20, 2011, 09:42:45 pm »

One of the things I really like about Skyrim is how everything looks like it's from an indie fantasy movie. Especially the Beowulf ones.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 20, 2011, 09:42:59 pm »

well, as I said, I want some level of tactical complexity, rather than just tougher enemies.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 20, 2011, 09:46:10 pm »

Try one of the challenge builds mentioned earlier; make a highly themed character; enforce roleplay...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1971 on: November 20, 2011, 09:58:52 pm »

I'm loving Skyrim as a location so far.  It's so visually vibrant.  Could just be me.  I'm very mesmerized by wintery, mountainous landscapes.  As far as scenery and climate, Skyrim is almost exactly the kind of place I wish I could live... maybe a little less cold and a little more cloudy (can never have too many clouds blocking out the sun).

and probly a little less giants and dragons  :P

Nah, more dragons in a world means a statistically higher chance of you either living to become a complete badass, or having an awesome death :) None of this "heart finally giving out in bed" crap, when I go I want to be screaming like a madman and diving axe-first into the mouth of a dragon.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 20, 2011, 10:29:59 pm »

So I start thinking maybe I should kill Ulfric and the Emperor both to free Skyrim from the whole stupid thing.  But I just went to visit Ulfric, and my first impression of him is that he's a pretty awesome guy.  It's his followers who are bloodthirsty xenophobes.

This is false. If you talk to one of the thanes(?) he tells you how Ulfric completely ignores the plight of the Dark Elves as well as any kind of attack on non-nord caravans. There's also the Markath incident which showed that independence seems to be for Nords only.

Spoiler: Civil War Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Problems with the Empire are many of course. You've got a great deal of fascism, toadying, falling right into the Thalmor's hands by screwing over the Nords who fought and died for them (thus leading to the civil war), and corruption is plentiful, but they do tend to look after their people no matter said peoples' origin.

Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 20, 2011, 10:45:03 pm »

Yeah... first impression were the key words there.  I fully expect there to me more to learn.  I think I'm talking to that thane right now.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 20, 2011, 11:03:15 pm »

Pfft, but dark elves are just dark elves! Who needs 'em, ugly grey b***ards. :P
And those foolish non-Nords are all Imperial sympathisers anyhow! Guarding their caravans is a waste of resources!!

Also: Woooow, magic is actually really FUN!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 20, 2011, 11:34:53 pm »

So Markarth.....yeah.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And on that note.....

Spoiler: Hey Namira (click to show/hide)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 20, 2011, 11:37:16 pm »

It's probably a bad thing that I don't actually own the game and I'm just in this thread to look at the pretty pictures.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 21, 2011, 12:21:27 am »

I was taking pictures of the beautiful moon and northern lights, when I spotted this. I have discovered flying fish in Skyrim! It's silly, but I love these glitches, they just make me laugh.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:23:25 am by jmancube »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 21, 2011, 12:27:28 am »

But I just went to visit Ulfric, and my first impression of him is that he's a pretty awesome guy.

*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 21, 2011, 12:44:04 am »

It is cool.  I can see why a lot of people don't take sides at all, it's one of those conflicts where neither side is really right.  Someone in Jarl Elisif's court mentions that High King Torygg (The guy Ulfric killed) really respected Ulfric and probably would have declared independence on his own had Ulfric not been so rash.

On one hand the Stormcloaks are right to be wary of foreign rule, especially when the Aldmeri Dominion is obviously running things behind the scenes, but at the same time Skyrim needs the Empire, and the ensuing civil war is just going to destabilize the Empire even more.

Two things I'm wondering about the next game:

1.  Who will canonically win the war?  This is the first time, as far as I know, that an Elder Scrolls game had two mutually exclusive quest lines with far-reaching impact on the series's storyline.

2.  How bad is the situation going to be in TES6?  The Empire's in deep shit, and I'm wondering how things will resolve themselves.  I bet TES6 will be in Summurset Isles.

A late response, I know, but ah well.

1. They'll probably do something like Daggerfall where ALL the endings happened. i.e you got squished, a god was made, the orcs got a kingdom, and the various city-states were combined. Or the ending will be a combination...The Stormcloaks win the war, but are eventually defeated by Imperial reinforcements from Highrock and the Imerial Province.

2. People have been saying Summerset Isles (now Alinor) since Oblivion...Probably will be. Wished it was Blackmarsh and Elswyr in one game. That would be awesome with the the alien culture of the Saxheel and the khajits' religion and new slavehood under the Thalimor. Oh and yeah, deep shit. Especially if all this "Khajits being a Tower" being discussed on the lore forums are correct.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 896