Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1560438 times)

Malumium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4485 on: January 15, 2012, 12:13:58 pm »

I'm level 25, heven't played the game for a bit.
It owns, nough' said.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: January 15, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »

RANT-TIME!

Everybody loved the game when it was out. Everybody started to hate it in a month. Illusion is over I guess. I hated the game in like 6 hours of gameplay.

I agree. Cities are very small and empty. I just want to go back in time and slap morrowind-playing-past-me when he says "Bah, why cities are so small?" Balmora was like a combination of two cities in Skyrim. I don't even want to compare Vivec.

Dungeons look great. But it's all the same because you do the same stuff in every dungeon; kill x guy or retrieve y item. There isn't much variety in dungeon types and enemies too. We got draugh filled dungeons and big dungeons which are used as hideouts by evil-doers.

I just HATE all the quests where you end up clearing a dungeon. I'm sick of dungeons. I kinda like other quests where you meet daedric princes and faction quests but they all end up in an anticlimactic manner.

And this dumbing down shit... This is what we get when Bethesda focuses on console players. Games used have an interesting story and make you use your brains. What were they thinking when they were implementing werewolves? We just cast a spell and become a werewolf? I could write tons of stuff about dumbing down in video games but I came across this article that explains exactly what I think. "If Quake was made today" video is funny too. http://www.gamermc.com/2011/11/01/console-gaming-is-being-dumbed-down/

Maybe the reason why we got bored of this game so quickly is because the difference between Oblivion and Morrowind. Compare Oblivion with Morrowind. Now, compare Skyrim with Oblivion. Get it? It kinda feels like Oblivion 2.0

Anyway, still waiting for mods.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:37:06 pm by Leatra »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 15, 2012, 03:19:11 pm »

"People who play role-playing games need more than some pretty graphics and nonstop action to whet their claymores; they want depth and character and wit and drama. They want the thickest, most involving novel that they've ever read translated to their 15" screen, with themselves as the hero. That's what I love about people who play role-playing games. They're so reasonable."

-Daggerfall manual

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 15, 2012, 03:28:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure I got bored of morrowind within the first few hours. Still playing Skyrim since like, weeks ago. Oblivion still takes the cake for most playtime, though.

Also wasn't vivec like...some canals, a library and a bunch of walls with ramps and that was it? Skyrim cities aren't great and MASSIVE but at least I can stand to walk around through them without falling asleep.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4489 on: January 15, 2012, 04:26:52 pm »

I still like Skyrim. 153 hours invested. Its not perfect, but it is a fantastic game.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 15, 2012, 04:48:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure I got bored of morrowind within the first few hours. Still playing Skyrim since like, weeks ago. Oblivion still takes the cake for most playtime, though.

Also wasn't vivec like...some canals, a library and a bunch of walls with ramps and that was it? Skyrim cities aren't great and MASSIVE but at least I can stand to walk around through them without falling asleep.
^^^^

I actually own and am capable of playing Morrowind, but every time I look at the models I have to repeat what everyone said about oblivion: "These faces, they are butt-faces" and when I run through the cities they feel smaller, somehow.

Plus the combat system for Morrowind is complete and utter shit. It's nigh impossible to get to a point where you can hit things with any romm for error. Then when you do you have to know which way to attack since your character is a brick.

Also Cliff racers. Fuck Cliff Racers.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 15, 2012, 05:36:42 pm »

^^^^

I actually own and am capable of playing Morrowind, but every time I look at the models I have to repeat what everyone said about oblivion: "These faces, they are butt-faces" and when I run through the cities they feel smaller, somehow.

Plus the combat system for Morrowind is complete and utter shit. It's nigh impossible to get to a point where you can hit things with any romm for error. Then when you do you have to know which way to attack since your character is a brick.

Also Cliff racers. Fuck Cliff Racers.

There are mods for almost all of those >_>

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 15, 2012, 05:58:08 pm »

Yeah all three of those games have modding capabilities

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 15, 2012, 06:16:20 pm »

I like Skyrim, love it actualy. I only wish the side quests were as awesome as they were in Oblivion. Aside from that, it's awesome.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 15, 2012, 06:24:35 pm »

Combat system in Morrowind is truly utter shit. It feels like turn-based RPG. I like Morrowind because of it's story. Seriously, the game could make you talk to people for 20 minutes. Dialogs doesn't last more than a minute in Skyrim and thus, we have simple quests with weak stories. I'd rather do interesting and epic quests rather than a bunch of misc quests where you clear dungeons and deliver stuff.

UI gets much more worse every title. I mean look at Morrowind first and Oblivion and Skyrim last. We had a simple character sheet in Morrowind that showed you your inventory, factions that you joined, the map your skills, your class, spells birthsign, name and everything else you can think of except your journal. In Oblivion we had to scroll through menus and in Skyrim we now have this shiny-good-looking-yet-inefficent-and-slow UI. It took one click to check everything in Morrowind and in Skyrim I have to scroll, scroll, and scroll just to check my sneaking skill. I hate UI of Skyrim just as much as I hate UI of Windows 7. No wait, I hate UI of Windows 7 more actually.

I do not take "we built this game for consoles you pc lover!" for an excuse.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to need a crapload of mods.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:43:32 pm by Leatra »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 15, 2012, 07:09:59 pm »

Try SkyUI, it's certainly better than the normal if you can read the smaller text. Doesn't help Perks as far as I can see, but magic and inventories are certainly improved.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863

Also, it doesn't need a crapload of mods, just one dependency (SKSE) which a whole lot of other mods might need in the future anyway.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 15, 2012, 07:20:56 pm »

Tried it. It only works for inventory. You still have to scroll a lot for spells. I hope there will be a mod for skills too. PC port just seems rushed at the last minute. They couldn't delay it because of their epic 11/11/11 release date.

Actually, I want Bethesda to do it not modders. There are very few modders who can match with professionals. Folks at Beth probably think the same way like everyone else; "Meh, mods will fix it"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:23:18 pm by Leatra »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 15, 2012, 07:24:26 pm »

What? How long ago did you try it? As far as I can tell from the screenshots (haven't played Skyrim lately so I haven't updated it), it's got a magic menu now.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 15, 2012, 07:28:22 pm »

What? How long ago did you try it? As far as I can tell from the screenshots (haven't played Skyrim lately so I haven't updated it), it's got a magic menu now.
Oh, they got a magic menu too now. I didn't know that. It also says the favorite menu is up next. Cool. I'll use it if I start playing again.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 16, 2012, 12:20:42 am »

Oh, they got a magic menu too now. I didn't know that. It also says the favorite menu is up next. Cool. I'll use it if I start playing again.

Get Nessus Mod Manager - it can check updates for your mods.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 896