Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1560427 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5355 on: February 21, 2012, 02:38:22 am »

Little topic name change.

<-Buys Skyrim on PS3, gets computer that can play it on Very High settings two months later.
BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Dude i thought it would be good for ps3 but with all the shit i heard about it im not even looking at mine other than for mass effect 3.
I know. Im so peeved. They absolutely totaled the quality of the game on the PS3... I really dont want to buy the game again, but... le sigh.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: February 22, 2012, 01:28:32 pm »

Little topic name change.

<-Buys Skyrim on PS3, gets computer that can play it on Very High settings two months later.
BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Dude i thought it would be good for ps3 but with all the shit i heard about it im not even looking at mine other than for mass effect 3.
I know. Im so peeved. They absolutely totaled the quality of the game on the PS3... I really dont want to buy the game again, but... le sigh.

Yogscast  :P

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5357 on: February 22, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »

I don't know if I'm asking in the right place. But does anyone know how difficult it would be to convert Oblivion resources to Skyrim?

I got some stuff I'd like to port over since I'm starting to think the respective modders aren't gonna do it in a timely fashion. And I'd like to get back to this now that some awesome stuff has come out.

I don't think there is a way of 'converting' mods. You can copy scripts and such (Skyrim doesn't have any fundamental changes in coding as far as I know) but that's it. If the mod focuses on gameplay, like level scaling and hunger mods, it shouldn't be too difficult.

I meant resources as in meshes and texture work. Since I'm unsure if the formats are a bit different.

Oh, right.

Well, both Oblivion and Skyrim use .nif for meshes and .dds for textures. So, I think it would be possible.

Maybe somenone will make a mod for Skyrim using Oblivion's resources. I'm not sure if I want to return to Cyrodiil though :P
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:01:00 pm by Leatra »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: February 22, 2012, 02:36:53 pm »

Maybe somenone will make a mod for Skyrim using Oblivion's resources. I'm not sure if I want to return to Cyrodiil though :P
Well, if it's made by modders then I'm sure someone will come out with a custom version of that Oblivion mod that is better than Oblivion was.

I know I play too much skyrim.

A shadow of a bird appeared IRL and I reached for my bow >.<
You need to go see a therapist. Separate the game from real life bro, or when someone comes to mug you you'll shout Fus Ro Dah at them rather than running away. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: February 25, 2012, 02:23:50 pm »

Running around in circles in Blackreach and everything is beginning to sound like Nirnroots.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: February 25, 2012, 02:28:26 pm »

Running around in circles in Blackreach and everything is beginning to sound like Nirnroots.
And now you know how the guy researching those things died. Not because of all the dangers of the place, but just going mad at the constant humming of those damn roots.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: February 25, 2012, 03:34:04 pm »

Sven got killed by a frost troll on my way up to the throat of the world. Technically he was in the blast radius of a fireball, but that was his problem, not mine. What's good for slaying dragons if you're playing a stealthy character? I was thinking of getting elven smithing, but I don't know where to find any of the materials.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5362 on: February 25, 2012, 03:56:36 pm »

What's good for slaying dragons if you're playing a stealthy character?

Arrows and hiding behind a rock. So much hiding behind a rock...the rock keeps you safe, the rock protects you, the rock is your salvation, the rock is the tiny joy that protects you from a fiery death.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: February 25, 2012, 04:19:02 pm »

The rock also doesn't have a mouth to call you a coward.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: February 25, 2012, 04:20:40 pm »

Materials can be bought off merchants. They can also be found in chests and in certain veins, but I tend to find just buying them to be faster and easier for most purposes. Which isn't to say that I don't loot materials and carry around a pickaxe, just that it doesn't necessarily add up if you need to get some serious smithing done.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: February 25, 2012, 04:24:05 pm »

...Okay, now who were you responding to again? Because it sounds like you're responding to someone, but I have no idea who.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: February 25, 2012, 04:30:29 pm »

...Okay, now who were you responding to again? Because it sounds like you're responding to someone, but I have no idea who.

Sven got killed by a frost troll on my way up to the throat of the world. Technically he was in the blast radius of a fireball, but that was his problem, not mine. What's good for slaying dragons if you're playing a stealthy character? I was thinking of getting elven smithing, but I don't know where to find any of the materials.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: February 25, 2012, 04:45:54 pm »

Ah, I see, missed that. Irony should have quoted.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: February 25, 2012, 04:47:22 pm »

It was the third post above mine, I didn't think it was necessary. ???
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: February 25, 2012, 04:49:39 pm »

It is generally a good idea to quote the person you're replying unless their post is directly above yours.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 896