Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1563970 times)

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5910 on: April 04, 2012, 06:00:36 pm »

Tytanis is not dead.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/637409-a-new-land-a-new-war/

Hey what do you know! Back from the dead I guess..

Man, I'm always starting new games, it's pretty annoying. I always end up with a game that crashes every two minutes by the time I get to level 15 or so(also using uncapper to slow my leveling). Seems even if I turn off all my mods I still get crashing once it starts. Don't seem to remember having this many compatibility issues in Oblivion...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:03:11 pm by joey4track »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: April 04, 2012, 06:25:31 pm »

Do you use autosave or quicksave a lot? TES gamesaves have a history of corrupting themselves.

I get the occasional crash, but I don't think it's mod-related; it's usually after the game fucks up loading a cell and things get half-loaded.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: April 04, 2012, 06:40:33 pm »

Do you use autosave or quicksave a lot? TES gamesaves have a history of corrupting themselves.

I get the occasional crash, but I don't think it's mod-related; it's usually after the game fucks up loading a cell and things get half-loaded.

Yeah, I pretty much hit F5 about every 30 seconds. You don't auto or quicksave ever? If this clears up my problem I will freak out.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: April 04, 2012, 06:53:39 pm »

Honestly, I don't know if it's an issue in Skyrim or not, but it definitely was in Morrowind and Oblivion (Daggerfall saves are pretty fragile too). Instead I use the console to save.

The worst case I've ever had was in Oblivion where I had a save break permanently after around seven hours total. The game died at midnight on a specific night, every time, whether I rested or just passed the time. It was pretty surreal.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: April 04, 2012, 07:59:16 pm »

Honestly, I don't know if it's an issue in Skyrim or not, but it definitely was in Morrowind and Oblivion (Daggerfall saves are pretty fragile too). Instead I use the console to save.

The worst case I've ever had was in Oblivion where I had a save break permanently after around seven hours total. The game died at midnight on a specific night, every time, whether I rested or just passed the time. It was pretty surreal.

Well, we'll see how long my new char can make it on console saves only. Guess I can't be so save happy anymore   :(

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: April 04, 2012, 08:50:45 pm »

I'd say just start a new game regardless, just to make sure you experience the mod in it's fullest, and so the mod doesn't only partially function due to starting late in the game. And I'd also imagine CTDs will be more common with mods installed part way into the game.

Well the thing is I have a warrior class that hasn't beaten the game yet, but has full daedric heavily enchanted armor and I want to use it. However I also want to complete a ton of other quests I have, and don't want to lose my save.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: April 05, 2012, 12:39:25 am »

grr.. Guess it's time for a fresh install, yay!!

Here comes about 3 hours of my life I won't ever get back..

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: April 05, 2012, 04:34:50 am »

Okay, my game has developed an issue that's driving me mad, so I need to ask this... Has anyone had issues when equipping a torch? Specifically, have you had your controls lock up, and the only directions you can move the camera are up and down?

I have no idea what's causing this and I've tried disabling some mods I thought could be the cause, but no luck yet. It also makes my character stand up on his saddle like a circus performer whenever I equip a torch. Hilarious, but... yeah, no thanks.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: April 05, 2012, 03:43:42 pm »

Is there a mod that gets rid of dragons?

actually... there probably is... i would not be surprised anyways considering how many smartasses there are in the modding community...

Heh. That's a good way to troll Bethesda.

But seriously, killing dragons gets a bit tedious once you killed enough.

Exactly. After 100 hours, I killed so many dragons. They were no longer neat or incredible. They just became tedious.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5919 on: April 05, 2012, 03:57:25 pm »

After a while, they just become really big cliff racers.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5920 on: April 05, 2012, 07:07:35 pm »

Now we need someone who is good at making the models so that we can replace all the dragons with cliffracers.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: April 05, 2012, 07:20:40 pm »

So, I just fought the Siege of Whiterun. With 100% Killcam. And recorded it.

http://livestre.am/1mXiS

Sorry for the shitty quality... *shakes fist at Procaster*
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: April 06, 2012, 12:47:05 pm »

I figured out why my torches were acting so oddly. Wars in Skyrim is a great mod, but hoo boy, is it one dirty file full of bugs and Italiano-speek. After some, shall we say... 'spring cleaning', I tossed out my bugged "Torcia"s and spawned some fresh, working Torches.

Now to figure out why I crash every time I get near Riften. -_-
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: April 06, 2012, 01:03:46 pm »

Now to figure out why I crash every time I get near Riften. -_-

You're going too fast. Slow the fuck down man, this isn't France.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5924 on: April 06, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »

When I did the civil war quests (for the Imperial Legion, naturally) I'd already done the main quest so every battle was basically "Strormcloaks, Odahviing. Odahviing, dinner." and laughing like a maniac as they got torn to pieces and burnt to crisps by my pet dragon.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 896