Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1561387 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7920 on: January 11, 2013, 08:57:40 am »

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can't properly hack an NPC into a follower purely through use of console commands. The way to do it would be to use the constructon kit to make a mod that sets them up as followers and gives them the follower dialogues when any relevent quests have been completed.

There are a huge number of "make 'specific npc' into follower" mods out there so it might be worthwhile to take a look through the workshop and nexus for one that covers Anska.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: January 11, 2013, 10:10:00 am »

I tried standing still on a few of the steps on the stairs(Though this was without reloading before I clipped through them) and managed to drop down. So skeleton may be optional, but helps since it slows ya down while dragging. Hit a guard for shits and giggles before I clipped underground, and they somehow knew the exact location of where I was and would fire arrows at me even though it would just get stuck in the ground. All I know is that I may never be able to trust stairs in video games ever again.
I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE STAIRS BRO!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: January 12, 2013, 10:47:31 am »

Playing on the 360 (sadly I am poor and going into college soon so a real computer would be worthless, and my laptop is a POS) and just got 2400 microsoft points. Which expansion should I get, Dragonborn or Dawnguard? I'm thinking Dragonborn.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: January 12, 2013, 10:51:38 am »

Playing on the 360 (sadly I am poor and going into college soon so a real computer would be worthless, and my laptop is a POS) and just got 2400 microsoft points. Which expansion should I get, Dragonborn or Dawnguard? I'm thinking Dragonborn.
That reminds me of something. (I don't know the answer to your question, sorry) Will games ever have expansion packs distributed by disk, and not only over the web? I can't get xbox live because crappy limited internet.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: January 12, 2013, 10:55:38 am »

That reminds me of something. (I don't know the answer to your question, sorry) Will games ever have expansion packs distributed by disk, and not only over the web? I can't get xbox live because crappy limited internet.
I know all of my local gamestops have Dragonborn on disk for $20 plus tax.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: January 12, 2013, 11:01:44 am »

Dragonborn to Skyrim is Shivering Isles to Oblivion; Dawnguard to Skyrim is Knights of the Nine to Oblivion. Or so I've been led to believe.

And...Wasn't Shivering Isles released on disc?

Ninja'd.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: January 12, 2013, 11:13:12 am »

Well shit, Shivering Isles was so much better than Knights of the Nine (imho). Thanks!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: January 12, 2013, 12:27:15 pm »

I never see console game expansion on-disk when I go to gamestop... And I have a version of Oblivion that comes with Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles.
For PC or console? I might go looking around for that.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: January 12, 2013, 01:33:26 pm »

I never see console game expansion on-disk when I go to gamestop... And I have a version of Oblivion that comes with Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles.
For PC or console? I might go looking around for that.
One has it for console, the other for PC. The one that has it for console has roughly 60% of the store 360, 20% PS3, 10% computer and 10% other. The one that has it for PC is like 40% computer, 20% 360, 20% PS3, and 20% handhelds/other. I think it really depends on what the store generally has more of.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: January 12, 2013, 01:36:20 pm »

To answer the question, I think Dragonborn is better though Dawnguard has its moments... and crossbows are pretty darn sexy.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: January 12, 2013, 02:04:19 pm »

To answer the question, I think Dragonborn is better though Dawnguard has its moments... and crossbows are pretty darn sexy.
I basically decided to spend the $15 I have for enough points to get DG+DB+HF. No lunch for a week but meh. :( Wish I had a job (DAMN YOU SCHOOL TAKIN ALL MY TIME)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: January 12, 2013, 02:14:19 pm »

Oh, I was wondering wtf was that Dragonborn dlc, and it just hasn't been released for PC yet, I understand.  And Solstheim, fuck yeah.

I'm going to make a new character for that one. Or play Morrowind waiting for it.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: January 12, 2013, 02:29:02 pm »

Huh, must have been DG I saw instead. I wasn't really paying that much attention TBH, just noticed that they had disks for Skyrim DLC for PC.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: January 12, 2013, 07:02:48 pm »

Huh, must have been DG I saw instead. I wasn't really paying that much attention TBH, just noticed that they had disks for Skyrim DLC for PC.
It can be for PC, but as Skyrim wasn't playable before 11/11/11 (thx Steam), even with the CD. The cds were here before the launch, which makes sense.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: January 13, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »

When is that damn DLC coming out for PC already? Been almost forty days.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 896