Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1560440 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9090 on: July 19, 2013, 02:09:14 pm »

Once his connection to the Heart of Lorkhan was severed, he ceased to be a god.

Or so he tells everyone. Then he gave Azura a good banishing after she appears incarnate on Nirn:

And so by the blood of this khajiit, I climb you, moon and moon, and Dance on your Tower. AE CHIM CE ALTADOON for my own revenge I eat you. AE CHIM CE ALTADOON for my own revenge I eat you."

Azura: "CHIM? HOW?"

Vivec assembles a spear from the bones of his armor.

Vivec: "Here, this is Muatra. Guess what it represents."

Vivec stuffs Muatra into Azura's mouth. Azura chokes!

Vivec: "YOU ARE BANISHED FROM THIS STARRY HEART"

Azura explodes.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: July 19, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »

Vivec was a disease, and deserved his death at the end of a spear. The truth is thus: after the series of events following the defeat of Dagoth Ur at Red Mountain, the Imperial Nerevarine continued to bridge the divide among Men and Mer and better unite the province of Morrowind with the Empire. At length he was recognized a Hero-Saint of both the western Cult and the reformed Tribunal, and gave himself to the ascent of a single, reunified Tamrielic Empire that closed-shut the jaws of Oblivion with it's own strength, quashed the Thalmor like the petty uprising they were, gave rebirth to the Dovahkiin (the Hero-Nerevar's next incarnation) and conquered Akavir.

Few know this truth, for the TES crew is a nest of degenerates and profligates spewing anti-Imperial, non-canonical propaganda.

HAIL TALOS!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:22:12 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: July 19, 2013, 02:20:42 pm »

HAIL TALOS!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: July 19, 2013, 02:26:28 pm »

Or so he tells everyone. Then he gave Azura a good banishing after she appears incarnate on Nirn:

And so by the blood of this khajiit, I climb you, moon and moon, and Dance on your Tower. AE CHIM CE ALTADOON for my own revenge I eat you. AE CHIM CE ALTADOON for my own revenge I eat you."

Azura: "CHIM? HOW?"

Vivec assembles a spear from the bones of his armor.

Vivec: "Here, this is Muatra. Guess what it represents."

Vivec stuffs Muatra into Azura's mouth. Azura chokes!

Vivec: "YOU ARE BANISHED FROM THIS STARRY HEART"

Azura explodes.
Which then in turn is dragged away by the dremora of Molag Bal

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: July 19, 2013, 03:24:04 pm »

Vivec was a disease, and deserved his death at the end of a spear.
Which spear?  ;)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: July 19, 2013, 04:44:58 pm »

No he didn't. He'd achieved CHIM, which means he's more of a god than the actual gods.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: July 19, 2013, 04:50:02 pm »

No he didn't. He'd achieved CHIM, which means he's more of a god than the actual gods.

Not actually entirely sure if that's true, either. CHIM has a bit of a mental block on it--being godhood through knowledge, it makes the affairs of... pretty much everything seem insignificant compared to the big picture of the Aurbis. Vivec mostly just did that stuff with Azura up there out of pettiness and Tiber Septim did it out of a lust for conquest.

(Vivec says it's about "Love", but I'm not sure if I quite believe him)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: July 19, 2013, 05:24:04 pm »

Not actually entirely sure if that's true, either. CHIM has a bit of a mental block on it--being godhood through knowledge, it makes the affairs of... pretty much everything seem insignificant compared to the big picture of the Aurbis. Vivec mostly just did that stuff with Azura up there out of pettiness and Tiber Septim did it out of a lust for conquest.

I think Vivec's "Love" is more about stuffing his spear into other's mouths.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: July 19, 2013, 05:24:39 pm »

I think Vivec's "Love" is more about stuffing his spear into other's mouths.

Now that you put it this way...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: July 19, 2013, 05:38:16 pm »

While Tiber Septim's is about sticking his spear into other people's craws!

Also un-jungling a place because he loves his army more than the billions of organisms that require all that to survive.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: July 19, 2013, 06:28:20 pm »

Here are three more screenshots of how my Skyrim looks. I need to upgrade my graphics card :P But its playable.

If the screenshots/site doesn't load, its because its under attack by some person(s) and so at times it gets really slow or doesn't load at all.

(really green :P) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/267523//?

(thought this was a nice area to take a screenshot, very pretty imo) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/267524/?

(my favorite village in Skyrim looks even more amazing :D) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/267525/?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: July 19, 2013, 09:09:23 pm »

So after somebody mentioned S.T.E.P, I decided to throw that into my already mod-laden profile.  (Conveniently I was planning on starting a new character anyway).  So now it is even more mod-laden, especially since I decided to try out Automatic Variants as well.  And amazingly, the only thing that seems to have caused crashes was the body collision mesh mod, and I found that it was that one on the first try.  So yay!

Once I get out into the open I think I'll take and post some screenshots, since I had no idea my laptop could produce such gorgeous graphics.

EDIT: And I broke everything by messing with the install settings of my SkyProc Patch compilation.  Time to experiment to figure out the settings I had in the first place!

EDIT2: And I got it working again. Time to add in patches until I figure out what broke it.

EDIT3: And now I realized my problem.  It seems that I needed Jaysus Swords for that specific patch, which for some reason I thought had been included into SkyRe, and thus didn't reinstall when I reformatted my laptop and upgraded to Win8.1.  So now it should be fixed, with no time to play before going to sleep. Woo!

Ah, the joys of mods.  But it'll be SOOOO worth it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:00:43 pm by Mistercheif »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9102 on: July 19, 2013, 11:01:43 pm »

I never got automatic variants working myself.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: July 19, 2013, 11:12:58 pm »

I still have to reach a point on a character where I run into animals to test it, which won't come until tomorrow because I need sleep.  But the game didn't crash on startup, which is promising.  Hopefully it will work and not crash, unlike my disastrous attempts to get ASIS working.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9104 on: July 19, 2013, 11:19:08 pm »

I still have to reach a point on a character where I run into animals to test it, which won't come until tomorrow because I need sleep.  But the game didn't crash on startup, which is promising.  Hopefully it will work and not crash, unlike my disastrous attempts to get ASIS working.
yeah i got it to 'not crash' but the animals never showed variants.
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 896