Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1560405 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9900 on: January 05, 2014, 02:25:59 pm »

I'm installing it as I type.

I may have to restart this character, considering I've already fucked around with Thrown Weapons since there's apparently an updated version, but I'm still only level 6 so that's fine.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: January 05, 2014, 04:04:08 pm »

Skyrim has several memorable characters of it's own, but the only companion I think who has more situational dialogue than the quest they're from is Serana.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: January 05, 2014, 04:14:16 pm »

Guh. Don't remind me of Serana. It's just bitch bitch whine whine with her. She complains about the sun, she complains about the rain, she complains about the dark, and it JUST. DOESN'T. STOP.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9903 on: January 05, 2014, 04:26:04 pm »

On the other hand, she's still better than the endless waves of Falmer you had to fight in DLC allegedly about vampires.[/not bitter at all]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: January 05, 2014, 04:29:26 pm »

She's a tremendously spoiled vampire princess. It's to be expected.

Might I recommend partying up with Gorr instead? He's the superhuman arena fighter that's 7 feet tall, loves to smash people's heads in, and is on an eternal quest to eat horker meat. He also.... talks like this.... with lots of.... awkward pauses....

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: January 05, 2014, 08:23:34 pm »

Those were pretty good, yeah. Though it raises the question of why no-one's ever tried coming in the back way.
It's one-way too. Sometimes you have to pull a lever, jump off a little cliff, etc. So, no one can come by that way.
Though it does pose the question: have the people of Skyrim never discovered how to build ladders? Or, often enough, how to stand on someone's shoulders and do a pull-up.
They have ladders in Daggerfall...
In Skyrim too.
But see, people knew how to climb in Daggerfall; just not ladders.
Edit: Correction: The player character knew how to climb; everyone else, not so much.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:02:22 pm by Leyic »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9906 on: January 05, 2014, 09:06:25 pm »

The ladderborn!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: January 05, 2014, 09:36:22 pm »

Thankfully the Interesting NPCS devs host a torrent to download their massive mod cause god forbid that filesize on nexus.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: January 05, 2014, 11:14:36 pm »

89 MB is massive now? Falskaar is 550 MB.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: January 05, 2014, 11:19:51 pm »

89 MB is massive now? Falskaar is 550 MB.
The whole download not the update, its 1.7gb .

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9910 on: January 06, 2014, 12:35:04 am »

Oh great, I must have downloaded the wrong file. They all just say "Interesting NPCs" when loaded into NMM...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: January 06, 2014, 01:12:54 am »

Not to berate your observation skills, but it does say this on the Nexus file page:

Main File. Torrent Link and Release info is here. Download and install this first, and then any relevant patches.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9912 on: January 06, 2014, 02:22:15 am »

Yeah, I know. I attempted to download it through NMM several times before finally giving up and manually downloading it, and was only half paying attention by that point.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9913 on: January 06, 2014, 02:52:54 am »

Good job, everyone. Good job.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: January 06, 2014, 06:08:40 am »

I went through the trouble and downloaded through NMM.
Sure it took almost two hours for me and installing it took more than 15 minutes.
I wonder what other large mods exist on the Nexus, or elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 896