Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55079 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2011, 09:55:46 am »

Dariush, die in a fire. Why the fuck would there be witches. There are like a million plot threads going on in the OP alone, and not one of them is about witches. Including witches in this game would be a complete and utter bastard-mod dickmove.

Also, as akigagak says, I'm new in town. If you saw me speaking with Jack from 'time to time', you must be either really drunk, or a time traveller.
Or lying.
I'ma go with Occam's Razor for this one, and say that you were lying, attempting to tie other players into your plot in order to look more town. Also, I hate you, die in a fire, etc, etc, DARIUSH

No, I don't think I should claim any more.

What do you think, Akigagak?

Yeah, people knowing your profession could get you in trouble in many different ways, from many different angles. Still, you've apparently always done good by the town.
Given that we have a guy who has straight-up claimed power stealing evil wizard... I fail to see how much worse Vector's job could be. Now you've just made me more curious.
Long Live United Forenia!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2011, 12:24:41 pm »

Ah, sorry about that Toaster.

Orange:  If you were scum, what would be your worst fear?
I'd be most afraid of an incompetent scumbuddy. Sure, it's easier to bus a bad buddy, but that means there's one less brain working in your favor. Which means I have to stick to my usual scum strategy of looking too town to be scum. That's no fun at all.

No, I don't think I should claim any more.

What do you think, Akigagak?

Yeah, people knowing your profession could get you in trouble in many different ways, from many different angles. Still, you've apparently always done good by the town.
I also know your profession. You were my mentor, after all.

Akigagak:What possible roles do you see in the OP?

NativeForeigner:Care to join us?

Dariush:Who are you most afraid of in this game?

NUKE:You're one of very few men who have traveled into town recently. Which one are you?

Dariush, die in a fire. Why the fuck would there be witches. There are like a million plot threads going on in the OP alone, and not one of them is about witches. Including witches in this game would be a complete and utter bastard-mod dickmove.

Also, as akigagak says, I'm new in town. If you saw me speaking with Jack from 'time to time', you must be either really drunk, or a time traveller.
Or lying.
I'ma go with Occam's Razor for this one, and say that you were lying, attempting to tie other players into your plot in order to look more town. Also, I hate you, die in a fire, etc, etc, DARIUSH
...How does that make him look more town at all? I don't see it.

Everyone: If Native doesn't claim a rusty sword, somebody is obviously lying. We need to find them.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2011, 12:39:14 pm »

I still want your answer as to what happened those many years ago.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2011, 12:58:02 pm »

I still want your answer as to what happened those many years ago.
I'll say that it's directly related to what you were helping me with.
Unless the majority wants a roleclaim, i'm going to be intentionally vague, as you're the only other person who knows anything about that.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2011, 01:19:23 pm »

I'll say that it's directly related to what you were helping me with.
Unless the majority wants a roleclaim, i'm going to be intentionally vague, as you're the only other person who knows anything about that.

Okay.  Is it something I should worry about?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »

I actually know Vector's profession as well- we're best buds, as you may recall.  Flavor heavily implied a pro-town alignment, for what it's worth.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2011, 01:56:19 pm »

Yes, I meant Jack.

Then why did you nickname the game 'Witch Convenier'?
Or lying.
Ahem. I didn't say that the merchant who Jack was chatting with has been you, or even the same one every time. I just said 'a merchant'. Now, you seem awfully quick to jump onto Aki's question as a reason to vote me. Such a blatant OMGUS combined with bile-spewing ferocity... Yeah, you're scum.

OB, I can't say I'm particularly afraid of anyone, but Nuke's tendency to do everything in his power to lynch me tends to be pretty deadly annoying, so I would say him.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2011, 02:18:43 pm »

Everyone: If Native doesn't claim a rusty sword, somebody is obviously lying. We need to find them.
Why ? I'm asking about the first part.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2011, 02:50:18 pm »

Zrk2:  I'm a bit confused.  Is the magic in your family hereditary?  Just to confirm, was the mage-killer the father of the mage?

Also, we start scum-hunting the regular way, assuming nothing comes up useful in the flavor.

Yes, the mage-killer was(/is?) the father of the actual mage. I think that was just Max getting lineages crossed or something, it seems odd.

Also, good plan.

Also Zrk2:  Scratch my question about the mage killer- I reread it and get it now.  I still want to know if your family's magic is hereditary, though.

I think that families tend to be better or worse at magic, but individual skill and power still varies widely.

Zrk2: Wow that's something new and puts few things in perspective. Also that means mage-slayers are mages themselves so maybe this power stealing is their modus operandi ? But it still baffles me why you would even need that magic and how you are using it (or it's just useless trinket bringing pain ?) except getting some vengence on me. And it makes me wonder what your current goal or motive is.

I stole it because I felt unloved and wanted some magic, thinking it would make people pay attention to me or something like that. My current goal? Find scum, I think.

Simple: Why have you forgotten how to cry? I spend an eternity being tortured every night, I most certainly have given up on crying.

Vector: I for one would very much like a roleclaim, but them I'm very curious, but more information is usually good.

Anyway, I can't seem to find the post again, but who was it that claimed to be JB/Vector's apprentice?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »

Akigagak:What possible roles do you see in the OP?
Not sure why you're asking me, but:

It is sunset, and a lone man stands on a hill over looking one of the few winding roads that leads into the small town of Woodfell. He has walked many leagues, sometimes without sleep, and has had to hunt for what little food he could find to survive. He carries with him only the tools he needs to preform he's ancient art and a rusting broadsword on he's back. He is worn, tired, scraggly and focused on only the task at hand. He has been through too much to fail again. This time will be he's victory.
Sounds like... well, first guess is the Mageslayer, but this implies he failed the first time he was here. But he didn't he got his mage. I'm thinking it's someone anti-scum who has traced them here. A vigilante, maybe.

Others have surrounded the town, blocking off the few exits, and casting protective wards. None will enter, and none will leave. They stand watch, ever ready, waiting for him. They know he is here, but to find him they would need to raise the town to the ground. Perhaps another way, to send in a single man, and have him act as their hand. These are their choices, and flames of purity have never failed in the past.
This implies that our Scum are looking for the wanderer, or maybe one of our two little mages. Or maybe the Wanderer is the man they sent in. I think the first is more likely, but can't really say why I think that.

Still, the lone man goes on. He knows what is at stake, for him there is no other way. Here he will end either he's hunt, or he's life. The moon begins to shine as darkness consumes the land, turning the green country side a shade of blue. Windows in the village flicker from the light of fires, and smoke bellows from chimneys. Such a peaceful village, such a shame.
Again, implies Mageslayer. Or Vigilante. Also, partially confirms that the wanderer isn't with the Scum.

Somewhere, a man cries in a dark ally, and another has long forgotten how to cry.
Somebody whispers to them self, while a woman begs for them all to stop whispering.
Somehow a man lives on in he's self hatred, when others escape those they loved.
No damn clue. I'm guessing not even the people who it refers to can be certain it refers to them.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2011, 03:05:15 pm »

Guys, after some thought I've made a decision. Full Roleclaim.

I'm a jester/martyr. You know how I have those eternalesque nightmares every night? Well, I just want them to end. Of course whichever faction kills me gets a nice side-benefit from offing me.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2011, 03:24:03 pm »

Huh.
Ok, that sounds plausible.

You know what, fine. D1 jester claim? Takes some nads, my friend, and I can appreciate that. Lets see you hang for your terrible, terrible crimes. Redemption in death and all that.

Zrk2
Long Live United Forenia!

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »

I stole it because I felt unloved and wanted some magic, thinking it would make people pay attention to me or something like that. My current goal? Find scum, I think.

Simple: Why have you forgotten how to cry? I spend an eternity being tortured every night, I most certainly have given up on crying.
Hmm honestly i don't know why my pm ended in this sentence. It seems to me like i'm just sad about what i could do with the magic and rather apathetic to the rest of the world. Well maybe i just got the wrong impression of myself but well i can't change my pm. On a side note my pm says nothing about the nightmares or any side effects of magic stealing.

I'm a jester/martyr. You know how I have those eternalesque nightmares every night? Well, I just want them to end. Of course whichever faction kills me gets a nice side-benefit from offing me.
Oh great. D1 Jester claim. It's even worse since it fits with the flavor... (now we'll see if the game name is ironic)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2011, 03:31:13 pm »

Hmm honestly i don't know why my pm ended in this sentence. It seems to me like i'm just sad about what i could do with the magic and rather apathetic to the rest of the world. Well maybe i just got the wrong impression of myself but well i can't change my pm. On a side note my pm says nothing about the nightmares or any side effects of magic stealing.
That's because I was socially ostracized and never talked to you again, or at least that's how I think it works.

Oh great. D1 Jester claim. It's even worse since it fits with the flavor... (now we'll see if the game name is ironic)
Vote me and find out. I don't want to go through another night of pain.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2011, 03:43:47 pm »

Zrk2:  If you want to die so much, why didn't you vote yourself?

Also, when you say whoever kills you gets a benefit, how does that work on a lynch?  It's a group effort at that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32