Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [SUCCESSION] we need overseers!  (Read 7026 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [SUCCESSION] we need overseers!
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 04:34:45 pm »

Sorry Cheveux, I just thought of other words that have that -eaux ending, like chateaux (the plural of chateau).

Anyway, the save.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4965
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:24 pm »

Journal of Cheveux Ingishzuntir

1st Granite
Today the overseer, well ex-overseer, came up to me and said "SKULLGATE is done and I'm done been overseer. Congratulation Overseer Cheveux."
I'm new to this overseer stuff, but I was told to keep a journal of the eents that happens in the fortress, so here we are.

I decided that during my reign I would try to move most of the fortress to underground, in the stone layer. After the construction of SKULLGATE I thought that the fortress needed a little more confort than living in the dirt.
Using some of the paper rolls I saw in a stockpile I drew some blueprints and designated the new areas to be dug.

Blueprints :
Spoiler: Entrance (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Main Floor (click to show/hide)

The rest of Granite was quite calm, the miners have already finished digging the new dining room.

8th Slate
Olon Lenshamkol, a recruit, has given birth to a boy, Unib Adavuz.
I also decided that I would soon build a squad that uses melee weapons to complement the other marksdwarf one.

27th Slate
Migrants, lots and lots of migrants. As they came past the mouth of SKULLGATE, I noted their name and occupations.

Spoiler: Truck load of migrants (click to show/hide)

6th Felsite
The new militia commander suddenly started acting secretly, when I asked him if he was alright, he mumbled something about mugs or something.

7th Felsite
Asen locked himself in a craftdwarf workshop for a minute or two and then rushed back out. Pretty strange.

10th Felsite
Turns out that Asen was collecting stuff around the fortress for a while, he took two boulders of limestone and a bar of iron and locked himself back in the workshop.

12nd Felsite
An elven caravan has been seen coming toward us.

15th Felsite
Asen burst out of his workshop with a mug made of limestone, it's really nice and all but there's something strange about the event pictured on it.

Also, the elves arrived at the depot are started to unload their junk.

20th Felsite
Today I saw Olon Isanrigoth running and screaming his lungs out. He was running away from a turkey.

Summer has arrived.

OOC : First season finished! Any comment or criticism?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 11:29:48 pm »

I r nyan, and I have the criticism!

Moar magma.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Unitedwires, a community fortress
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 06:26:14 am »

I'll take the third turn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 02:06:56 pm »

Okay, GreatWyrmGold has been added to the turn list.  Good job so far, I can't believe I didn't get the first artifact!  Also, the areas you designated for digging look great.  I also agree with the call for magma, but recommend making preparations first.  Also, watch for felisians and dragonlings, I think they're active in this world.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:12 pm »

I'll do summer later today, I don't think I'll do magma this season, I'm trying to aim for a melee militia to be ready for the caverns first. I'll probably try to get to magma in autumn if I feel ready for it.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 04:36:22 pm »

Hey, Gizogin. Can I join?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 05:59:00 pm »

The turn list or the fortress?  If you want to join the fortress, Cheveux will have to dorf you in, but I can add you to the turn list.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 08:17:54 pm »

7th Hematite
I ordered all the food stockpiles to be moved under the new dining room.

The rest of Hematite was mostly composed of moving stuff around.

3rd Malachite
Another migrants wave!

Spoiler: Not as much migrants (click to show/hide)

16th Malachite
I made some changes in some parts of my design. I added some space near the dining room for more food related workshops and added space under the workshops area for stockpiles. I also removed the old food workshops after they were moved underground and also moved the tables and thrones from the old dining room. The old dining room his now a barrack for the melee squad.

15th Galena
The human caravan has been spotted coming this way. They were soon followed by the dragonlings merchants.

22nd Galena
I asked Nix to come trade with the merchants 6 days ago, he said to me that he was partying. I didn't insist since I believe every one needs to cool down from time to time, but this is getting ridiculous. "Still partying" my ass, you're being lazy.

27th Galena
I think Nix is afraid of the dragonlings. "I can't go meet them, I'm 'building' a throne." Moving a throne downstair does not take a week Nix.

Autumn has come.

OOC : Not much has happened in summer. I'll try to breach the caverns in autumn. I'll also post pictures.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 08:56:06 pm »

Cheveux can i take Ast Savotkeskal
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2011, 10:11:41 am »

List, Please. :D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2011, 10:15:37 am »

I can't wait! Hm...what dwarf, what dwarf...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 02:01:21 pm »

I've dwarfed Firelord and hAPPYSLAp, but unfortunately, I won't be able to update today. I'll try to make up for it tomorrow by finishing my turn.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 03:06:05 pm »

Can't wait for my turn!  :D, on the last community fortress i tried i did not even get to take my turn. Which was a bummer.  :(

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2011, 03:31:37 pm »

10th Limestone
The merchant warned us that they were going to leave soon and Nix was still finding excuses to not go meet them, so I decided to meet them myself.
Unfortunalely, they only had junk and we didn't trade anything with them.

14th Limestone
The merchants left the depot.

1st Sandstone
Migrants, again.
Spoiler: 8 migrants (click to show/hide)

The rest of sandstone was mostly designing, digging and hauling stones from the workshop area.

Timber-Moonstone
I'm sorry for this absence of two months journal, I lost you and was too busy with the hauling of useless stone from the bedrooms to find you.

10th Opal
With began smoothing the bedrooms and I started to forge weapons and armors for our military.

26th Opal
Gizogin VI has started to act strange this morning, when he walked to his masonry, instead of doing whatever work he was supposes to do, he rushed out and began grabbing stuff from around the fortress.

28th Opal
Gizogin took three limestone boulders and started to work on them.

4th Obsidian
Gizogin finished working on his boulders.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What a lovely coffer, I've ordered that it shall be placed in his future room.

13th Obsidian
A felisian caravan has made it to our trade depot. I'll deal with it later.

17th Obsidian
GOBLIN AMBUSH!  I told everyone to get inside and to raise the bridge of SKULLGATE. Apparently, it's a squad of lashers lead by a bowman.
Unfortunately, the dwarf who discovered the ambush was going fishing and was killed almost instantly. We shall bury Shem Rigothkan once the goblins have left the surroundings.

23rd Obsidian
The felsite and the goblins have started to fight. I hope they will rid us of the pests.

24th Obsidian
I should have precised which pests I wanted eradicated, the felisians have lost.

29th Obsidian
This will be my last entry dear journal. I have decided to retire and make weapons and armors for the military from now on.
The bedrooms are all smoothed, There's bed in all of them and I've already ordered cabinets and coffers to be installed in all of them.

I have chosen a replacement. May he guide our fortress to a great future.

There's two pictures and a list attached to the last page.

Spoiler: Everything's done! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stockpiles! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Z-Screen! (click to show/hide)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4977
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8