Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vapors of Insanty - Alpha Roguelike featuring ACID, among other things  (Read 16742 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vapors of Insanty - Alpha Roguelike featuring ACID, among other things
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 01:08:00 pm »

Two things really make this game not fun for me.

It has the interface of a much much more advanced game with none of the polish or the features, and the facing mechanics are... Pretty bad.

I can see what the guy is trying to do here, but it seems like it is a case of putting the horse before the cart.

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 01:47:30 pm »

Putting the horse before the cart is pretty normal. :P

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 02:20:38 pm »

Not if the cart's in reverse gear.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 04:30:41 pm »

I'd really like to get into this game, but it's so horrifically complicated >:
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 12:34:18 pm »

Welp, this just had an update and I'm really liking the game so far.

I do have a question for anyone who's played: how do I memorize spells from books? I can cast them from the book, sure, but not concatenate them.

EDIT: Wait, looks like I can in fact do that. Sweet. I still can't "memorize" them, though.

EDIT2: Nope. "Learn both spells first." Hmm...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:41:13 pm by freeformschooler »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 01:02:17 pm »

How can I change game window size?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 01:05:27 pm »

In vapors.ini. Change the numbers after "screen". It's a bit silly because they don't seem to correspond to actual resolution. Maybe number of tiles display? I dunno.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 01:11:36 pm »

Nope, nothing changed at all. :(

Also, I think I started liking this game a lot.

ZenoR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 02:23:43 pm »

I do have a question for anyone who's played: how do I memorize spells from books? I can cast them from the book, sure, but not concatenate them.

EDIT: Wait, looks like I can in fact do that. Sweet. I still can't "memorize" them, though.

EDIT2: Nope. "Learn both spells first." Hmm...

With mouse it should be enough to click the spell in the book.

With keyboard you should press ',' (pick up), and this should list all the contents of books around you. I suppose you have picked up the book and that's why they don't show up (sorry, I have not thought about that); dropping the book should solve the problem.
Alternatively you can press 'u' (use), 'z' (list of spells), Enter, 'l' (learn). Or ',' (pick up), '.' (select everything), select the spell to learn.

How can I change game window size?

From the screenshot it seems you are playing the ASCII version. Then it depends on the operating system (in Windows XP, right click on the window title, and choose Properties). But I recommend the graphical version (actually I have not tested the ASCII version recently, and I see that some things that should be visible are not...)

In the graphical version, yes, changing the numbers after "screen" should change the number of characters on screen, you can also do "set lores=1" to get smaller icons.

Thanks!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 03:46:14 pm »

It looks interesting... I might give it a try.

The 'is more burning' grammatical weirdness really bothers me, though. That'll annoy the hell out of my pedantic side every time I see it...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 07:18:29 pm »

Are you kidding me? I love "is more burning". I laughed aloud when I saw that. Little silly things like that make me happy.

Thanks for answering my questions, by the way. I have a question about the rune of creation: it doesn't seem to do anything, especially not what it's supposed to do. Here's what I've tried it on:

-Water ("A strange idea", no result)
-Poison ("A strange idea", no result)
-Water object made of water (not a material, no result)

So it seems I cannot learn a spell to make these things? Oh well. :(

EDIT: I dev-summoned a "bottle of lightning". I was confused when all I got was a broken bottle. Then I laughed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:06:33 pm by freeformschooler »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 10:54:18 pm »

This is clunky as DF is, or more. But I can't run magicka on here and this is fun, so its sorta balances out I guess.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »

I ended up finding out you don't really need the Rune of Creation since there's a Book of the Elements anyway.

ZenoR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 05:44:36 pm »

Sorry for "is more burning", I suppose "the linen cloak is more shocked" as an effect of a repeated lightning is even worse. But at least it is not "is burninger". I'll have to improve these (although a good thing about the current ones is that they are short and consistent, and if you are burning you don't care about grammar anyway).

Indeed there is something wrong with the Rune of Creation... Thanks, I will fix this in the next version.

Have fun with dev-summoning ;) I was surprised myself when I wanted the game to generate bottles of acid, and got a similar effect. In most games acid seems to be able to destroy anything, except the bottle it is contained in (and maybe gold).

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2015, 04:44:07 pm »

I'd like to say hello! and also i noticed that Artificers are execellent battlemages (thou start with metallic armour (or at least parts of metal armour)) And WHY DO YOU NOT UPDATE THIS AWESOME GAME???
Pages: 1 [2] 3