Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 89038 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #315 on: November 30, 2011, 03:12:34 pm »

What could he do then to stop you from voting for him? Wouldn't voting for someone confirm your position that he's just bending to your will? Isn't that a case of you trapping him?

If he simply jumps on a bandwagon or votes solely for the sake of voting, then I would be even more certain of his scumminess. If, however, he starts participating and hunting scum like he said should be done:

Quote from: NUKE, defending his No Lynch vote
So even if we get scum-tells, I strongly recommend patience, rather than jumping to string 'em up.
... yeah, kinda. Except that by jumping on them you get even more info/stuff to work with, which is good for me (I don't pick up subtle things too well, so more info always helps).

I'd have much less of a problem with him.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 30, 2011, 04:47:17 pm »

Two reasons, actually. One, I'm terrible at D1 play. And two, I just can't get into D1 that much. Neither of which particularly point to me being scum. (I would say that I'm busy, but that's just an excuse at this point :P )
Now you're just sounding apologetic. "Oh yeah, sorry 'bout that, but it has nothing to do with my alignment. I swear!"

Darvi a bit less than Jack, reading a bit more back. But Jack literally just popped in and back out. Darvi is at least more active. And I haven't really kept track of the time at all. Time has flown by in the last few pages.
So me having no life and being almost perma-online to drop a silly quip makes me more active and less scummy?

[long list of suspects]

So you do have a bunch of people you think that are scummier than others. And yet you insist on not lynching?

Well it seems like there are three people on the chopping block, Nuke for going for a No lynch. ECrown for posting then disappearing.
Way to state the obvious.
I understand accusing Crown though I think it is rather weak as many other players are doing the same sort of thing.
So you think that because several people think that somebody is lynch-worthy, their reasons are bad ones?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 30, 2011, 04:51:24 pm »

I understand accusing Crown though I think it is rather weak as many other players are doing the same sort of thing.
So you think that because several people think that somebody is lynch-worthy, their reasons are bad ones?

I think he means that several other players are doing what Crown's doing.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 30, 2011, 04:52:15 pm »

... makes sense too, I guess.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 30, 2011, 05:03:50 pm »

You know what? I'm gonna go to sleep. When I get back, I'll assume you'll have figured out what is so incredibly stupid about your argument, or I'll tell you for you. I, however, can't think straight while tired.
Right. In the meantime, you should probably answer my question, because nothing pisses me off more then someone refusing to answer my serious questions.
Answering your question involves there being a question.

And if you're referring to your loaded question of provoking Mr.Person, I am doing no more nor no less than how I would respond to anyone else. Holy crap, how is that not obvious?

I'm NOT intentionally provoking him. Do you not understand? There is not too extremes here. I did not provoke him, but I also did not baby him. I told him the truth. Does the truth hurt? Probably, but I'm not trying to grab scumtells off of it.
You can tell him the truth without:
you are the idiot

Because, hmm, I didn't? CORRECT ANSWER, WEBADICT!

or did you just realize now you're a sack of lie-spewing garbage?

BRAIN-DEAD MORON!
AKA, being a huge asshole. Or, another way to say that, intentionally provoking him.
Seriously, I have no idea how to answer this post. If you were spewing lies about me, I would ALSO call you a brain-dead moron. Because, really, you would HAVE TO BE A BRAIN-DEAD MORON. The facts are easily checkable, so how am *I* the one that is provoking HIM?

This isn't even a real argument, because it is really just wasting my time, forum space, and so many other things that it's not even funny.

Also, NUKE, don't No Lynch. There's several reasons why no lynching is bad in a big BYOR, not the least of which is alignments and wincons, but also so that there are less people to read. 18 people are impossible to keep completely straight, while 13 is much more manageable. Keeping as many people alive as possible is not helpful. Your goal should be to keep as many townies alive as possible. Sure, they sound the same,but they aren't quite.

So, look for scum. If you miss, you miss.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2011, 05:17:38 pm »

NUKE (in response to your list of suspects): Yes, actually. When I have to sift through pages of nonsense, hunting becomes a bit problematic because all I'm seeing is the nonsense.

You gave a list of five people you would want to see lynched as scum if you had to make a choice. Why aren't you voting one of them?

I also saw that you threw on the person who defending you (Wubba). Distancing, perhaps, or are you really suggesting that you would lynch him just for being Wubba?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2011, 05:21:45 pm »

Ottofar:
Just pointing out that going after lurkers looks like a sort of don't look at me-reaction, in Crown's case.

Which is scummy. So yeah.
Then what does this look like?

Nuke:
Irony: Um, ok. The phrasing is a little odd (no discussion at all?), but I accept that my latest post contained basically nothing in the way of active scumhunting. I intend to rectify that now, though, so we can return to sensible discourse.
No, none at all. You're going to continue pulling this shit through D1, being sensibly ignored by both those who know that's Not The Way It's Done and those who know why that's Not The Way It's Done, and then we're going to hit D2 and you're going to be out of excuses for this worthless shit.

Or, more specifically, the next time you suggest and then cleave to a retarded plan I'm going to lynch you.

SUSPICIONS: YES. I AM GOING TO GO DOWN THE ENTIRE LIST OF PLAYERS. COLOUR CODED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE (Green>Yellow>Orange>Red)

SOME PEOPLE HAVE LESS CONTENT THAN I'D LIKE

SOME PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME NO REASON TO SUSPECT THEM

URIST HAS TOO MANY QUESTION MARKS AND SIMPLE IS LURKING

I CANNOT READ WEBADICT
Cool list of suspicions, bro. You wonder why I'm both done discussing your plan and thinking you might look good in a noose?

18. IronyOwl
   A refusal to respond to accusations is questionable, though not necessarily a scummy action. His other content has been... reasonable. I can't help but feel a slight discomfort- in a similar vein to basically every yellow person, there is a lack of "This is what I think.". But no so bad as with others. Still, the discomfort remains, so no green for you.
What accusations?

If I was asked to pick 5 people right now to be lynched as scum, I would pick:
Dariush- no content, hiding behind Meta.
Powder Miner- no content, but plenty of silly comments- a stronger attempt to hide the lack of content than others, I feel.
Urist Imiknorris- too many question marks.
Simple- heavy-duty lurking.
Webadict- webadict. (Not even kidding)
And yet, you're not questioning any of them; your only question is to Andrew. Which makes some sense, given that you're determined not to lynch anyone today, and thus have no pressure to speak of, but that still means you're dead-set on getting jack shit done.

Imiknorris:
No, he isn't my only suspicion, he's just winning by a mile:
Who else do you suspect, and when have you mentioned them?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2011, 07:40:04 pm »

NUKE9.13
Oh, no, I very much admit that I have no content. The thing is I'm not really motivated at all to post. I mean to post a decent size post but I end up just falling short and posting something short. I'll try though...

Post in a bit; sifting through thread...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2011, 07:54:54 pm »

First, quick thing to Nuke about his No Lynch:
Your initial concerns and reasons for the No Lynch were the possibilities and chances of hitting a useful town-member. However, it's quite clear that we've moved beyond RVS. WHy do you still have the No Lynch?

More crap for Nuke:
Why are you suspicious of webadict for being webadict? He is a good scum and has a reputation for it- but does that make the dice tilt to give him an extra chance to be scum? I don't think so. His play isn't even so terrible to deserve a policy lynch either. Webadict may very well be scum, but I intend to find that out by hunting. Not for him being him.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 30, 2011, 08:14:24 pm »

And if you're referring to your loaded question of provoking Mr.Person, I am doing no more nor no less than how I would respond to anyone else.
See, that's a valid answer. Thank you.
Was that so hard?

More crap for Nuke:
If you think it's crap, why are you posting it?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 30, 2011, 08:41:51 pm »

Imiknorris:
No, he isn't my only suspicion, he's just winning by a mile:
Who else do you suspect, and when have you mentioned them?

I'm still somewhat suspicious of MBP for his overreaction and defensiveness early on, ECrown looks to be trying to deflect suspicion onto as many other people as possible (which I didn't feel needed to be brought up multiple times) and, reading back through the thread, Simple's vote disturbs me (he votes for the exact same reason as Think, then completely ignores him in his only post after that). Meanwhile I have a gut feeling about Andrew but nothing solid to support it.

Simple: Have your suspicions changed at all since you voted ECrown?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 30, 2011, 09:32:33 pm »

And if you're referring to your loaded question of provoking Mr.Person, I am doing no more nor no less than how I would respond to anyone else.
See, that's a valid answer. Thank you.
Was that so hard?

More crap for Nuke:
If you think it's crap, why are you posting it?
I didn't mean "Crap" as in low quality, just as a term for stuff.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 30, 2011, 10:20:22 pm »

Hey all, just now arriving and giving the more recent stuff a read-through, though I've been following fairly well.

Although I want to vote Webadict (because he's always scum, of course), I think my vote goes to Simple for lurking and poor play to this point.

On the whole NUKE issue: I get what he's saying, honestly.  To me, it sounds like his point can be succinctly stated as:

"On Day 1, regardless of how hard the town hunts, they will most likely mislynch.  To prevent this, I suggest we hunt as usual, and wait until Day 2 to lynch our chosen target, so we have a night's worth of actions and time to reflect to help us better choose our first lynch target."

I can understand why he'd say this, and on the surface it seems sound.  I personally disagree with NUKE because I feel that, even if we mislynch, we can still get more from that than we would from not lynching.  I also feel that no matter how hard we hunt and pressure, it just won't seem serious if no one is being lynched at day's end, so I think scum will not feel under the spotlight enough, nor will they care enough to try and set up a mislynch (since it would be a waste of effort).  So, I'm opposing the "No Lynch" simply on the grounds that while it might not be a bad idea, it's not the best one either.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2011, 10:36:24 pm »

Fuck.
So much stuff posted.
And I am falling asleeep.

Quick post to answer quick qustions:
@urist: other folks as in the folks that have been prodded/replaced, mostly.
@dariush: what second question, pls link so i can make faster responses/more content.
@nuke: that's what im trying to get in, but don't have time right now, since large stream of posts to be able to go indepth on one without falling behind now. also why "friend'?

PPE: some spelling, didnt get all i dont think
You have yet to vote someone. You're not making any solid opinions against anyone.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 30, 2011, 11:36:13 pm »

Dariush:
ECrownofFire: Oh noes, I posted before sleeping.  Then I slept, woke up, went to school, got home, prepared for a martial arts class, went to said class, got home, ate dinner, got a promised post out in Witches' Coven, did some homework, fed my cats, and took a shower, without posting here during any of those actions.  This clearly makes me scummy!
Overreacting much?
I really don't like Kingmaker 4-style accusations of being scum for not posting at all times.  When that kind of stuff pops up, I will try to destroy it/get across to people that that kind of accusation is dumb.

Andrew:

Jack
Is there anything specific you don't understand about the reasoning for TolyK or Crown?  Apart from Simple and NUKE, do you find anyone scummy?

First: Which other players?
Second: You failed to answer the second question.  Please answer it.

Urist McArathos:
Although I want to vote Webadict (because he's always scum, of course), I think my vote goes to Simple for lurking and poor play to this point.
On Webadict: Any other reasons?  Or is this just a joke?
On Simple: Would you mind giving a bit more detail?

<snip>
Still waiting for your questions you said you would post.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 60