Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 89029 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

fuuuuuuuu
forum borked = unsent post  :'(
tl;dr of what was there (for the first post): why so many votes on crown (questions to folks, answered by urist_mcarthos before i even asked :P)
This is lazy as fuck, even for a lost post post. Have you been following the game or not?

Irony, that's a nice WoT you have against Nuke. Is there any particular reason you aren't changing your vote to him?
For one thing, Crown's done absolutely nothing to change my opinion on him.

For another, I'm inclined to give weight to webadict's read. That'll only last so long if he keeps up like this, but for now he's well behind TolyK and Crown.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #346 on: December 01, 2011, 04:49:33 pm »

NUKE: Does your case against me really warrant that much suspicion?
Yes. Yes it does.

I like that you actually express your opinion in this post (Your case on TolyK). I'm not sure its something I would lynch over, but whatever- at least it isn't more questions.

Now, Imiknorris. Does my case against you really warrant that much suspicion? Seriously, what do you think? Do you think its ok to do nothing but ask questions? Do you think I am asking a lot of questions here to be ironic?

TolyK: I am a friendly person.

No, none at all. You're going to continue pulling this shit through D1, being sensibly ignored by both those who know that's Not The Way It's Done and those who know why that's Not The Way It's Done, and then we're going to hit D2 and you're going to be out of excuses for this worthless shit.
Hmm.
What are you doing, Irony.
You realise that this is Not The Way It's Done, right? You can't ignore someone just because they aren't playing the same way as you.
Also, do you really, really, really expect me to keep on like this on D2? Do you truly underestimate my capability so that you think I do this out of ignorance or plain stupidity?
Cool list of suspicions, bro. You wonder why I'm both done discussing your plan and thinking you might look good in a noose?
No. That list of suspicions seems perfectly valid to me. You will have to explain your problem with it.
What accusations?
Sorry, my mistake. I didn't mean accusations. Just... things. Your refusal to respond to things. You know what I mean.
And yet, you're not questioning any of them; your only question is to Andrew. Which makes some sense, given that you're determined not to lynch anyone today, and thus have no pressure to speak of, but that still means you're dead-set on getting jack shit done.
...Keep saying something and it will become true. Wait, no it won't.
I have demanded more content from the lurkers. I have berated Iminknorris for his deal. I will concede that I don't know how to deal with webadict (today, at least. If he still lives tomorrow, I will put more effort into analysing him).
I have pressure;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am not dead-set on doing nothing. I have done more than many others already.

Dariush:

2. Dariush
   Content posted thusfar: NUKE is scum trolololol. Ok, fine. NullMeta, how fun. However, just that does not a balanced diet make. Post some actual content, you dick.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Ottofar:
Dariush:
TolyK: ECrownofFire, Webadict, Urist Imiknorris,
Powder Miner: Darvi
Think0028:
OrangeBottle:
Urist Imiknorris:
Mysteriousbluepuppet:
Andrew425:
NativeForeigner:
Jack A T:
Darvi:
Urist_McArathos:
Nuke9.13: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Dariush
Simple: Andrew425, Urist_McArathos
Webadict:
ECrownofFire: Think0028, Simple, IronyOwl, OrangeBottle, Jack A T
IronyOwl:

No Lynch: Nuke9.13

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, TolyK, Powder Miner, Ottofar

Day 1 will end Thursday 12/1 at 11 PM EST, ~6 hours from now.

There are five requests to extend, with six total needed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll vote for an extend then as I need more time to figure this out
May the mass times acceleration be with you

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #349 on: December 01, 2011, 05:36:32 pm »

NUKE (in response to your list of suspects): Yes, actually. When I have to sift through pages of nonsense, hunting becomes a bit problematic because all I'm seeing is the nonsense.

You gave a list of five people you would want to see lynched as scum if you had to make a choice. Why aren't you voting one of them?

I also saw that you threw on the person who defending you (Wubba). Distancing, perhaps, or are you really suggesting that you would lynch him just for being Wubba?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Nuke. Please don't ignore me.

Quote from: me
First, quick thing to Nuke about his No Lynch:
Your initial concerns and reasons for the No Lynch were the possibilities and chances of hitting a useful town-member. However, it's quite clear that we've moved beyond RVS. WHy do you still have the No Lynch?

More crap for Nuke:
Why are you suspicious of webadict for being webadict? He is a good scum and has a reputation for it- but does that make the dice tilt to give him an extra chance to be scum? I don't think so. His play isn't even so terrible to deserve a policy lynch either. Webadict may very well be scum, but I intend to find that out by hunting. Not for him being him.

Answer that.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NUKE (in response to your list of suspects): Yes, actually. When I have to sift through pages of nonsense, hunting becomes a bit problematic because all I'm seeing is the nonsense.

You gave a list of five people you would want to see lynched as scum if you had to make a choice. Why aren't you voting one of them?

I also saw that you threw on the person who defending you (Wubba). Distancing, perhaps, or are you really suggesting that you would lynch him just for being Wubba?
Right, yes, knew I'd forgotten something.
First point: Yes, well.
Third point: I am indeed.
Second point:

To the people asking: Why aren't you voting for your suspects?:

Are you so poor that you cannot afford to pay attention, or what? I am advocating a No Lynch. I have stated multiple times that I do not trust my own judgement on D1 suspicions. I am not going to abandon this stance just because people have a problem with it, and as such, no, I will not be voting for anyone, unless truly exceptional circumstances arise (such as my own imminent death, as I am not scum and I know my death would be a waste)

Your initial concerns and reasons for the No Lynch were the possibilities and chances of hitting a useful town-member. However, it's quite clear that we've moved beyond RVS. WHy do you still have the No Lynch?
My No Lynch policy is not tied to the RVS and I am not sure how you managed to acquire that impression.

More crap for Nuke:
Why are you suspicious of webadict for being webadict? He is a good scum and has a reputation for it- but does that make the dice tilt to give him an extra chance to be scum? I don't think so. His play isn't even so terrible to deserve a policy lynch either. Webadict may very well be scum, but I intend to find that out by hunting. Not for him being him.
Protip: No one is going to ask me, right now, to choose five people to lynch as scum. This is not going to happen. If it happened, I would choose webadict, because given a lack of better targets, I think that scumWubba is sufficiently more threatening that I would not want to risk leaving him alive in this hypothetical fivelynchnow situation. Threat*chance=actual lynching priority, sort of thing.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NUKE: What do you think will change between now and D2 that will make you change your mind on any of those five people? Additionally, if you want to kill Wubba for being Wubba (awful reason, by the way), then why aren't you voting him instead? If your reason for voting a no lynch is because you have terrible judgment D1 and you feel you can't judge Wubba at all, then wouldn't it be the same thing?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NUKE: What do you think will change between now and D2 that will make you change your mind on any of those five people?
*sigh*
-The nights rest gives an opportunity to reflect on peoples actions and reconsider them and their meaning.
-Night actions and the results thereof may provide additional information.
Additionally, if you want to kill Wubba for being Wubba (awful reason, by the way), then why aren't you voting him instead?
Because I don't want to lynch anyone at the moment. Beasts below, this is getting annoying.
If your reason for voting a no lynch is because you have terrible judgment D1 and you feel you can't judge Wubba at all, then wouldn't it be the same thing?
I think everyone has terrible judgement D1. Can you honestly say that you have a history of pegging scum D1 reliably?
I'm not actually sure what you are trying to ask here. Same thing as what?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Ottofar:
Dariush:
TolyK: ECrownofFire, Webadict, Urist Imiknorris,
Powder Miner: Darvi
Think0028:
OrangeBottle:
Urist Imiknorris:
Mysteriousbluepuppet:
Andrew425:
NativeForeigner:
Jack A T:
Darvi:
Urist_McArathos:
Nuke9.13: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Dariush, Powder Miner
Simple: Andrew425, Urist_McArathos
Webadict:
ECrownofFire: Think0028, Simple, IronyOwl, OrangeBottle, Jack A T
IronyOwl:

No Lynch: Nuke9.13

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, TolyK, Ottofar

Day has been extendedDay 1 will end Friday 12/2 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Right, yes, knew I'd forgotten something.
First point: Yes, well.
Third point: I am indeed.
Second point:

To the people asking: Why aren't you voting for your suspects?:

Are you so poor that you cannot afford to pay attention, or what? I am advocating a No Lynch. I have stated multiple times that I do not trust my own judgement on D1 suspicions. I am not going to abandon this stance just because people have a problem with it, and as such, no, I will not be voting for anyone, unless truly exceptional circumstances arise (such as my own imminent death, as I am not scum and I know my death would be a waste)

My No Lynch policy is not tied to the RVS and I am not sure how you managed to acquire that impression.
I managed to acquire that impression via your defense for it early-day.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NUKE: What do you think will change between now and D2 that will make you change your mind on any of those five people?
*sigh*

Cut it with the attitude.

-The nights rest gives an opportunity to reflect on peoples actions and reconsider them and their meaning.
-Night actions and the results thereof may provide additional information.

-You really think everyone will be that forthcoming with their actions?
-Analyzing night actions almost always results in wine. The most information that will come of it is how many kills (if any) there are and possibly some small details. Is that really worth postponing the first lynch? All that is likely to do is make for a repeat of D1 with slightly less players.

Additionally, if you want to kill Wubba for being Wubba (awful reason, by the way), then why aren't you voting him instead?
Because I don't want to lynch anyone at the moment.

But you want to lynch Wubba for being Wubba, so why aren't you just trying to do that now? It seems more like you were just distancing yourself from the one defending you rather than actually wanting to lynch him.

Beasts below, this is getting annoying.

Cry me a river.

If your reason for voting a no lynch is because you have terrible judgment D1 and you feel you can't judge Wubba at all, then wouldn't it be the same thing?
I think everyone has terrible judgement D1. Can you honestly say that you have a history of pegging scum D1 reliably?
I'm not actually sure what you are trying to ask here. Same thing as what?

No, I don't, no one can say that (that I know of), but can you honestly say that postponing D1 to D2 (which is ALL you're doing by nolynching. It would be different if we had a massclaim) will make it significantly more likely to peg scum? No, you can't.

Same thing as no lynching, you want to lynch Wubba for no reason other than he's Wubba, and you want to no lynch because you don't want to mislynch, so by trying to lynch Wubba, since you've already stated that you apparently don't care whether he's town or scum, you could be just as useful (read: useless) as when you're trying to no-lynch.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sigh*
What? No, you misunderstand. I meant actions as in what they do during the day.
-Analyzing night actions almost always results in wine. The most information that will come of it is how many kills (if any) there are and possibly some small details. Is that really worth postponing the first lynch? All that is likely to do is make for a repeat of D1 with slightly less players.
I disagree
But you want to lynch Wubba for being Wubba, so why aren't you just trying to do that now? It seems more like you were just distancing yourself from the one defending you rather than actually wanting to lynch him.
I do not want to lynch anyone at the moment. Webadict is included therein.
Beasts below, this is getting annoying.
Cry me a river.
No, I don't, no one can say that (that I know of), but can you honestly say that postponing D1 to D2 (which is ALL you're doing by nolynching. It would be different if we had a massclaim) will make it significantly more likely to peg scum? No, you can't.
Yes, I can. Can, have, and am.
Same thing as no lynching, you want to lynch Wubba for no reason other than he's Wubba, and you want to no lynch because you don't want to mislynch, so by trying to lynch Wubba, since you've already stated that you apparently don't care whether he's town or scum, you could be just as useful (read: useless) as when you're trying to no-lynch.
I DO NOT WANT TO LYNCH WEBADICT.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

*sigh*
What? No, you misunderstand. I meant actions as in what they do during the day.
Why wait until the next day wen you can already judge their actions now?
I disagree
Elaborate.
I do not want to lynch anyone at the moment. Webadict is included therein.
Then stop complaining about him if you don't want him dead.
Yes, I can. Can, have, and am.
Okay then. Tell us, how exactly, having one townie (at the least) dead will help us.
I DO NOT WANT TO LYNCH WEBADICT.
Your words say no, but you- no I don't want to go there.

TOASTER YOU'RE STILL GETTING MY VOTE WRONG.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

No wait I am the one who got the vote wrong since I put the pressure vote on PM after my vote on ECF.

Derp.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 60