Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Game Over  (Read 42939 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2011, 06:03:47 pm »

I hate all of you.

Jim Groovester

You have been selected...

A man cloaked in shadows hands you a card. Webadict needs to stop that. He needs to stop that now.

SK
Your WIN CONDITION must satisfy all of the following CONDITIONS:
 - Kill the Webadict
 - Kill everyone else

You have a BULLET.
During the Day, you may shoot the Webadict. If the Webadict has no bullets left, he will die. If he has any bullets remaining, you will die, but use up one of his bullets.
During the Night, you may shoot the Webadict. If the Webadict has too few bullets loaded into his turret, you kill him. Otherwise, you die.

You have a RUSTY SWISS SERIAL KILLER KNIFE.
During each Day, you may choose one of the following: knife, prime, poison, vote. You lose this ability after all these have been chosen once. Each choice only lasts for one Day and Night.
Knife: During the Night, you may knife a player. Knifing the Webadict, while hilarious, is useless.
Prime: During the Night, you may prime a player. During the end of the next Day, a fire will break out, killing all primed players. Priming the Webadict is useless.
Poison: During the Day, you may poison a player. That player will die the next Night. Poisoning the Webadict, while hilarious, is useless.
Vote: During the Day, you have 2 extra votes. To use these extra votes, you must higlight up to three names in red consecutively. Voting the Webadict is useless.

You have a TIME-TRAVELING TOOLBOX.
Every 4th Night, you gain a RUSTY SWISS SERIAL KILLER KNIFE.

How would you all like to die in a burning inferno tomorrow. I can make that happen, with NUKE9.13's help.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »

This is definitely an interesting puzzle. I note that your wincon is kill everyone else, not make sure they stay dead, meaning we've got wriggle room even for the survivor/mafia/town factions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2011, 06:39:14 pm »

You may get to do just that yet.  In fact, with my robot, I'm guessing you'll kill everyone on the last night, then the robot player will kill Vector with a bullet, cementing our victory.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2011, 06:39:31 pm »

Native:  Could you post your whole role PM, please?  You're involved in a possible contradiction.

What's the contradiction? I haven't been keeping up as well as I should be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2011, 06:44:54 pm »

Reposting cleaner, more standardized version.

IronyOwl

You have been taken...

A man cloaked in shadows hands you a card. How does webadict cloak himself in shadows like that? You'll need to learn.

Assassin
 - Kill the Webadict
 - Kill [Town] while alive

You have a BULLET.
During the Day, you may shoot the Webadict. If the Webadict has no bullets left, he will die. If he has any bullets remaining, you will die, but use up one of his bullets.
During the Night, you may shoot the Webadict. If the Webadict has too few bullets loaded into his turret, you kill him. Otherwise, you die.

You have a MIND CONTROL DEVICE.
During the Night, you may redirect a player toward another player. Redirecting the Webadict is useless.

You have a POSSIBLE CHANGE OF HEART.
You become a Townie if your target dies.

Now I'm curious. How many synonyms of "taken" and "selected" do we have?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2011, 06:50:07 pm »

Can NUKE9.13 use his pointlessly advanced technology on himself, so that everybody gets to use their action on everybody?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2011, 07:48:49 pm »

Can NUKE9.13 use his pointlessly advanced technology on himself, so that everybody gets to use their action on everybody?
Good lord. That would be so ridiculous. Everyone would die, revive, and have a robot buddy to use should they die again. Among other things.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2011, 07:49:10 pm »

They'd probably also have all their votes locked onto me or something.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 20, 2011, 10:27:47 pm »

What's the contradiction? I haven't been keeping up as well as I should be.

You and Klingon have both claimed town.

For completion:

Toaster

You have been selected...

A man cloaked in shadows hands you a card. Webadict... What is he fighting for?

Brother
 - Kill the Webadict
 - Have Jim Groovester win

You have a BULLET.

You have QUICK REACTIONS and BODYGUARD TRAINING.
If your Brother would die, he will survive, and you will die. This works even if you would also die.

Jim: If you torched everyone, you and the Webadict would still be alive.  Have you chosen something for today?

Still waiting on Pandar and Dariush.

For the record, I asked Web via PM early on if I could PM other players, since it wasn't explicitly stated.  He said no, and that he would add that to the rules.  Since that's the only rule we have, there's some wiggle room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2011, 11:04:54 pm »

Jim: If you torched everyone, you and the Webadict would still be alive.  Have you chosen something for today?

Nope.

I didn't want to choose anything too early in case something happened during the day and another tool would be more appropriate.

Extend in case it doesn't go through somehow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2011, 11:18:19 pm »

Oh yeah, extend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 20, 2011, 11:19:35 pm »

Oh yeah- this is probably relevant.

Vote: During the Day, you have 2 extra votes. To use these extra votes, you must higlight up to three names in red consecutively. Voting the Webadict is useless.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2011, 11:28:18 pm »

Looking over my role PM again, I realize I forgot two key parts of my role PM:

You have a MEGAPHONE.
You have an extra vote. To use this extra vote, you must highlight two names in red consecutively. Voting the Webadict is useless.

You have a POTENTIAL CHANGE OF HEART.
You become a Townie if your target dies.

So I see some possibilities for me and Irony:
1) I have to lynch Jim and Irony has to have Klingon lynched, or the other way around.
2) Our target is any townie, which could possibly include myself.

I'm thinking some sort of giant explosion is quite a good idea.

Extend.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: FULL!] Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2011, 11:31:57 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Vector - klingon13524, Orangebottle, NUKE9.13,
IronyOwl -
Jim Groovester -
Urist Imiknorris -
NUKE9.13 - Dariush,
NativeForeigner -
Toaster -
Orangebottle - Urist Imiknorris,
klingon13524 -
Think0028 -
Dariush -
Urist_McArathos -
Pandarsenic -

Not Voting - IronyOwl, Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, Toaster, Think0028, Urist_McArathos, Pandarsenic

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

As an extra special note, you may want to consider that I never said there were extensions in the rules. However, due to forum 504 errors occurring at increased frequencies, you are granted another day. This note was merely granted as a gift, and I am under no obligation to grant even that much.

Have a nice day. Because that's all you get.

>Read card
What card?

>Read card
What card?

>
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:48:29 pm by webadict »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2011, 11:36:41 pm »

>The card the shadow man handed me. How does he do that?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30