Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 726770 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #3015 on: March 30, 2012, 03:56:04 pm »

... it could probably work with some kind of flower motif. Pink over green's common enough on flowering plants.

What? Flowers are awesome. Bugger that gender association nonsense, eh wot. But yeah, venus flytrap suit. Or watermelon. Nothin' tastes sweeter than a watermelon rind.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 30, 2012, 04:03:55 pm »

In my LP, I'm currently flying a 200-meter-long death machine with twin missile launchers and a powerful laser. It's called the Pansy. Flowers are indeed awesome :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: April 02, 2012, 07:58:29 pm »

Anything new from Rick's corner of the crazy room?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: April 02, 2012, 08:05:49 pm »

Anything new from Rick's corner of the crazy room?

Not particularly, except that he's adamantly refusing to accept the idea that he's almost certainly not going to win.  More something something college is anti-American, and bombing Wisconsin Planned Parenthood outlets is not good guys but it still shouldn't exist in the first place, and so on and so forth.

Oh yeah, and despite the national chairman of the Republican Party, Reince Priebus (look it up) saying the RNC is being Wisconsin governor Scott Walker 100% Do or Die come Hell or high water, neither Republican wunderkind Congressman Paul Ryan nor any of the Presidential candidates will come within fifty miles of the guy.  That'll be fun tomorrow.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: April 02, 2012, 08:25:31 pm »

Wait, there are Republicans who will go near Scott Walker? I thought he was doomed when he got more recall signatures than original votes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: April 03, 2012, 08:13:45 am »

Polls Romney likely to win Maryland by 20 points or so and he'll most certainly take DC by storm, but Romney's 10-point lead as of last week has weakened to about 6-8 point this morning. Still likely to win but it won't be the thumping he was hoping to give. Of course, WI is winner-take-all, so a 50.1% victory is just as good as a 65% victory would be in terms of the horserace.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: April 03, 2012, 09:53:11 pm »

Romney looks like he's gonna pick up around 75 delegates on Santorum tonight.  Exit polls still haven't registered a Santorum delegate tonight but he'll probably pick up a congress district somewhere.

Somewhat surprised to see that Santorum is loosing every congressional district in Maryland.  I figured he would scrape one out in the west or the east.  But he's losing even the more socially conservative counties in Maryland.

At this point I think it's a matter of time before Santorum drops out.  There's no way he can avoid a Romney majority.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: April 03, 2012, 09:54:42 pm »

It doesn't matter at this point. Everything will be decided at the convention.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: April 03, 2012, 10:19:36 pm »

It doesn't matter at this point. Everything will be decided at the convention.

No, Romney will almost certainly have a majority before then.  Look at this: http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/fivethirtyeight/romney-probabilities

Edit: Interesting to see that Ron Paul edged out Gingrich in all three contests.  Changes nothing but it shows how irrelevant Gingrich has become.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:31:45 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: April 04, 2012, 08:03:15 am »

Yeah, last night was the beginning of the end as far as the GOP race goes. But of course, Santorum isn't going to drop out yet because he still has races in Pennsylvania and Nebraska coming up which could go well for him. And Gingrich is just in it for the lolz at this point. Plus he may think he still has a chance to ride that Dixie cachet to victory in North Carolina (he won't). Ron Paul will hang around just because Ron Paul.

EDIT: Oh, and just in case there was any doubt, Barack Obama officially clinched the Democratic nomination last night.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:17:43 am by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: April 04, 2012, 08:44:44 am »

I really hope he keeps his rally out of downtown when he comes here, or confines it to a hotel somewhere. I really don't want to have to listen to Santorum blaring out of over a PA system echoing over half of downtown.

Then again, if his researchers are worth snot, they'll probably realize coming to Lincoln to stump is a waste of time and money.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: April 04, 2012, 09:29:23 am »

Bleah, Gingrich is in town here today. At least he's not doing any public events here.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: April 04, 2012, 06:09:05 pm »

I really hope he keeps his rally out of downtown when he comes here, or confines it to a hotel somewhere. I really don't want to have to listen to Santorum blaring out of over a PA system echoing over half of downtown.

Then again, if his researchers are worth snot, they'll probably realize coming to Lincoln to stump is a waste of time and money.

Haha, when you talked about "downtown," I pictured Rick Santorum setting up a stage in downtown Philly somewhere and the sheer mayhem that would erupt. I'm pretty sure hundreds or thousands of streakers in rainbow garb would appear out of nowhere and rush the stage, among other things.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: April 04, 2012, 06:12:45 pm »

Haha, when you talked about "downtown," I pictured Rick Santorum setting up a stage in downtown Philly somewhere and the sheer mayhem that would erupt. I'm pretty sure hundreds or thousands of streakers in rainbow garb would appear out of nowhere and rush the stage, among other things.

Fields and fields of penises as far as the eye can see!
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: April 04, 2012, 06:15:07 pm »

I wonder how much it costs to get down to Philly...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 714