Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 60899 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 2
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2012, 09:05:23 am »

Posting to follow and to know when the next BM starts.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2012, 02:31:33 pm »

Hey, I've got an idea.

Instead of no-lynching, let's lynch lurking scum.

That would be Strategia.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2012, 05:53:50 pm »

:-\

To be honest, I was really expecting either zombie urist or Strategia to defend themselves...

Or even a reply from Andrew425 on his attack on Dariush. Going with my second suspicion then.

Strategia

Although, the rest seem to be lurking too.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2012, 08:54:06 pm »

zombie urist:
You hadn't answered this.
My question tried to ask what he would have done if he were on the scum team.
And what would be your response depending on his answer?
Depending on his answers, I would continue asking related questions. I've pretty much given up on this line of questioning though since NKs don't give much information.

Also, I'm curious to
...you're very keen on spreading suspicion everywhere, between everyone. To me that looks like you're trying your damnedest to prevent or stave off cooperation between the townies, so that it'll be easier to get mislynches and nightkills through.
Well what are your reasons for voting for me, other than that you don't like me.
Quote from: Still Strategia
Oh, and please give me more reasons to suspect you. Who knows, maybe I'll actually be able to present a convincing argument based on them, as opposed to my previous vote.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. You seem to be voting me for the sake of voting, so you don't look scummy, which ironically, is very scummy.
You aren't giving anything on that other than waving it off as a joke. You had all the time to see and reply to it, but instead gave replies to everyone else but that scummy looking Strategia. Stop deflecting.
You also aren't pushing your case on Andrew425. If you really believe him to be scum, why rest on just one post to do all that work?
He wants me to testify against myself. I don't see it as anything other than a joke. I responded to him and would like him to give evidence and support for his accusations. 
Andrew hasn't responded to my last post yet so there's not much more I can say to him or about him.

Are you even reading the posts you are quoting? Strategia's reasons are quite plainly outlined up there.
Yes and they are all pretty empty suspicions. I want to see if he has anything other than what amounts to 'I don't like what you're doing' and 'I need to vote to not look scummy'

To be honest, I was really expecting either zombie urist or Strategia to defend themselves...
Or even a reply from Andrew425 on his attack on Dariush. Going with my second suspicion then.
Strategia
Although, the rest seem to be lurking too.
I would also like to hear from Strategia and Andrew425. I'm really interested by how quickly you acted on Jim's suggestion though.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »

Seeing as how a tie has already been broken I guess my vote will remain on Dariush.

As to questions that I haven't answered yet.

Andrew425, your reason for voting me was..... I unvoted and failed to revote in time? Any reason other than the fact that I was asleep when the day ended you decided to vote for me? (And yes, I know you unvoted me by now.)
No real reason, I was just poking around.
Phantom I think I was mistaken. I was thinking of Strategia.
You do realize you're responding to Strategia right?

Woops, I was compiling that post and copying and pasting and I answered a question that I hadn't got around to quoting yet.

Please don't take my wording as angry. It's just a game.
Though I do not understand your point of view. Yes you should be identifying scum. But if you aren't defending yourself then you aren't doing the town any favors.
I like to be succinct.
I think you're scummy because you nitpick. Instead of making any real argument you just criticize formatting issues.
As for Phantom, I think I meant Strategia who at that time hadn't responded to my criticizims
Your wording feels different when you're defending yourself vs when you're questioning others. If you're going to focus on proving your own innocence you'll never find the scum players.
I've only mentioned syntax errors a few times. I would consider the rest of my posts real arguments.
If you meant Strategia please give me reasons for you picking him.

I try to prove my innocence and find scum at the same time.

As for the nitpicking, that so far has been our main interactions so that's why.

I think Strategia is scum for the following reasons.

He's been lurking, and this
I'm getting mixed feelings from you, zombie urist, but mostly leaning towards "bad". Quite apart from the fact that I don't like how forcefully you jump on typos and formatting errors in a Mafia game, which has no bearing on why I'm voting you now, just wanted to get that out there, you're very keen on spreading suspicion everywhere, between everyone. To me that looks like you're trying your damnedest to prevent or stave off cooperation between the townies, so that it'll be easier to get mislynches and nightkills through. And I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that you're getting help in saying exactly what you need to say. I still don't have a question, but here are my suspicions, and my vote, so no "Strategia didn't vote two nights in a row, he must be scum because he's in a European timezone" stuff this time.

He's attacking you for hunting scum and he brings up IC help on his own accord, which seems scummy to suggest it.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2012, 10:22:11 pm »

I would also like to hear from Strategia and Andrew425. I'm really interested by how quickly you acted on Jim's suggestion though.

Strange, replies only come when a vote {my vote} is changed. For the past...day, if I may say so, no response until the nearing end.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2012, 11:43:03 pm »

Andrew425 You've been doing more of the defending than scumhunting. Your reasons for Strategia are pretty bad and totally looks like a bandwagon, which also leads to the question of why you're voting for Daruish if you think Strategia is scum. Please keep in mind that I've never said that making mistakes automatically means someone is scum. I've only ever used it to start questioning people, and your responses have been the most intriguing. It's also interesting to note that the way you're handling my questions now is much different from before.

Strange, replies only come when a vote {my vote} is changed. For the past...day, if I may say so, no response until the nearing end.
This is probably coincidence and doesn't have anything to do with anything. If you have time, I am interested in why you suddenly switched vote to Strategia.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »

Andrew425 You've been doing more of the defending than scumhunting. Your reasons for Strategia are pretty bad and totally looks like a bandwagon, which also leads to the question of why you're voting for Daruish if you think Strategia is scum. Please keep in mind that I've never said that making mistakes automatically means someone is scum. I've only ever used it to start questioning people, and your responses have been the most intriguing. It's also interesting to note that the way you're handling my questions now is much different from before.

Ergo why my vote is still on Dariush.

You wanted to know why I suspect Strategia and I gave them.

What do you mean by that my responses have been the most intriguing? And how is my question handling different?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2012, 06:11:33 am »

This is probably coincidence and doesn't have anything to do with anything. If you have time, I am interested in why you suddenly switched vote to Strategia.
Coincidence that for the extension, nothing else has been debated on other than what is still known, repeating mostly. Yeah, Coincidence is very likely, or is nobody else interested in whittling out the suspects to find out who really is scum? You and Andrew425 have been lurking, or something close to it, in the past three days.

Nevertheless, Strategia hasn't posted.It is already the end of the day. Forum time (I am not good in time translation) states Tuesday, 5am. Very long for one who has something to say for himself, you two have posted right after me saying 'lurking', but still up to coincidence. But, Why so interested in my vote change?

To answer, other than you being suspicious, Strategia made a post that looks very rushed up and lacking in quotes or links, also based on what goes in on his mind, but nearly no factual evidence though the voice of intuition is in his post "I have a sneaking feeling...", it has no backup. Many of my other reasons coincide with what others have said, to save you from telling me that I'm repeating things.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still waiting for his reply as only his own words can clear it up. Last logged on a day ago.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2012, 08:23:04 am »

Seeing as how a tie has already been broken I guess my vote will remain on Dariush.
Oh, that's nice, except not really. Do you care about lynching the person you find suspicious or lynching anyone at all?
I'm getting mixed feelings from you, zombie urist, but mostly leaning towards "bad". Quite apart from the fact that I don't like how forcefully you jump on typos and formatting errors in a Mafia game, which has no bearing on why I'm voting you now, just wanted to get that out there, you're very keen on spreading suspicion everywhere, between everyone. To me that looks like you're trying your damnedest to prevent or stave off cooperation between the townies, so that it'll be easier to get mislynches and nightkills through. And I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that you're getting help in saying exactly what you need to say. I still don't have a question, but here are my suspicions, and my vote, so no "Strategia didn't vote two nights in a row, he must be scum because he's in a European timezone" stuff this time.
He's attacking you for hunting scum and he brings up IC help on his own accord, which seems scummy to suggest it.
What you're doing there is twisting words. There's no point in Strategia's post where he attacks ZU for scumhunting, and 'bringing up IC help' isn't a scumtell.

Also, Strategia's last post was in this very thread three days ago, so that's not exactly lurking.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2012, 08:30:38 am »

Also, Strategia's last post was in this very thread three days ago, so that's not exactly lurking.

So, extend then?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2012, 09:25:08 am »

Sorry guys. I'm gonna extend this for about 12 hours or so.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2012, 11:22:22 am »

Ergo why my vote is still on Dariush.
You wanted to know why I suspect Strategia and I gave them.
What do you mean by that my responses have been the most intriguing? And how is my question handling different?
By intriguing I mean that they look the most scummy. Your handling of questions now seems to be a lot more relaxed than before where you were pretty violent and seemed slightly angry. In your earlier posts when someone criticized you you hastily shook it off. You don't seem to be doing that anymore.

Coincidence that for the extension, nothing else has been debated on other than what is still known, repeating mostly. Yeah, Coincidence is very likely, or is nobody else interested in whittling out the suspects to find out who really is scum? You and Andrew425 have been lurking, or something close to it, in the past three days.
It was the weekend. People have other things to do during the weekend.

Why so interested in my vote change?
Jim mentioned voting Strategia right above your post. Then you change your mind and decide to go with your 'second' scumpick without presenting any additional arguments, which looks like a bandwagon. Your argument for him lurking seems to be he might be lurking on purpose or he might have RL commitments, which doesn't really say much at all. Your other arguments are better, but still don't account for why you're going with your second instead of first.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2012, 08:47:36 pm »

Oh, that's nice, except not really. Do you care about lynching the person you find suspicious or lynching anyone at all?
What you're doing there is twisting words. There's no point in Strategia's post where he attacks ZU for scumhunting, and 'bringing up IC help' isn't a scumtell.

PFP
But he has logged in at least twice, once earleir today and the other on sunday, I think it was.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 08, 2012, 04:02:46 am »

Shouldn't this have ended some hours ago?

I've a nagging feeling today wasn't that good (just a feeling on Strategia), but as he hasn't posted, my vote stays on him.

Shorten

(Is that the correct term for ending the day?)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23