Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85902 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I'm not responding to anything else either of you say until someone else who can play comes in here and explains why the town being able to lynch more people is a good thing, since clearly you aren't listening to me and maybe you just need webadict to pound it into your heads.

Also, don't tell everyone what to do with their roles. Rigid plans are easily broken and very easily exploitable if t he planner is scum.
The whole point of massclaiming is to make a plan, and if the whole town plans it then THE PLANNER CAN'T BE ENTIRELY SCUM.  Dear god how can you be so stupid about this.  Mafia can use their abilities for their own purposes if left to their own devices.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Meant to post this in the same post as the last one, forgot to copy it in.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I will point out that you found Andrew out when he tripped up with a mispelling of a fake ability during the massclaim. During the day. I think we found the other one we killed as well via day, not night. Rushing in and killing everyone we can is stupid.
You might notice that BYOP has no relevance to my idea at all.

Also, don't tell everyone what to do with their roles. Rigid plans are easily broken and very easily exploitable if t he planner is scum.
I think I already mentioned somwhere that not everybody will be told their target beforehand. Instead, a few people who can block or redirect or whatever will have a couple of potential targets (non-overlapping, of course, because that way we can cover the most people), and they will decide their targets themselves. That way not only will we keep the scum guessing.

The whole point of massclaiming is to make a plan, and if the whole town plans it then THE PLANNER CAN'T BE ENTIRELY SCUM.  Dear god how can you be so stupid about this.  Mafia can use their abilities for their own purposes if left to their own devices.
This. Giving people some autonomy in who they target is one step in that direction, imo.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

I will point out that you found Andrew out when he tripped up with a mispelling of a fake ability during the massclaim. During the day. I think we found the other one we killed as well via day, not night. Rushing in and killing everyone we can is stupid.

Also, don't tell everyone what to do with their roles. Rigid plans are easily broken and very easily exploitable if the planner is scum.
Yeah. One of our guys was obvscum, the other simply couldn't spell. The third was Webadict.

Orangebottle because I don't think anyone else should have to suffer Orangebottle's post
Yeah, I'm not going to justify that spoiler with a response after seeing it's name. It makes me wish I was a serial killer, so I could kill you at night instead of helping the town.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

You insult everyone who oesn't agree with your plan by saying they don't know how to play Mafia. Nice to know you're cracking.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, also my name is Powder Miner.
Powder Miner.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However, Dariush is almost guaranteed to not agree with it. There's no reversing his decision that I'm scum at this point, because I've pissed him off so much(which is why I didn't respond to his last post).
I think even he would be okay with delaying your lynch.

Also, intentionally not replying to posts is two things beginning with S. Can you guess which?
So, you want the kills to target Powder Miner, Ottofar, MBP, and Imiknorris? Because you just called them useless.
Throw in ECF and maybe Dariush and you pretty much nailed it. You'll notice that two of them have been vehemently opposed to using the one-shot nightkills even though there's pretty good reasons to. I can't tell if they're scum or panicky newblets, though, but the latter are a kind of collateral damage that's acceptable, even meant to happen in fact.
Getting lynched as scum isn't only a personal loss, it's a loss for the scum as a whole. They lose my vote, my abilities, my posts, and any opinions I could give on plans they might make. Also, your answer to the second question invalidates your answer to the first; I gain blackmail that serves no purpose, because I'd be found out by the second day.
Uh, no? You being lynched is something that was going to happen anyway, so blackmailing town was pretty much the last saving throw you had. Except maybe proper scumhunting, but you wouldn't want that do you.
Fully claiming before being lynched is scummy? I could've sworn that's why ECrownofFire was lynched a second time in the last BYO. Now I'm confused, thanks.
No, he got lynched because he was doing absolutely nothing on D1 but defending himself. His hiding of a resurrect changed nothing, except for NUKE going "told ya it would be useless".
At any rate, I don't like being lynched, no matter what my alignment. It keeps me from playing the game.
Well maybe you should l2p first then.
I'm not okay with this plan. The scum are definitely going to try and steer the kills into townies. It's too good of a chance not to.
Like, how? "Hey guys, we should totally kill webadict(or any townie who is known for their good play and wouldn't be targeted anyway)!"

I'm talking about lynching people who would be a liability to town regardless of alignment.
that spoiler with a response after seeing it's name. It makes me wish I was a serial killer, so I could kill you at night instead of helping the town.
Oh look you're doing it again.

Oh, also my name is Powder Miner.
Powder Miner.
Whatever you say.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

I'm not okay with this plan. The scum are definitely going to try and steer the kills into townies. It's too good of a chance not to.

Okay, I'm quickly chiming in right now, before I make a bigger, major post.  Why?  This annoys me enough that I feel like I must respond to it right now.

Orangebottle: But lynching is okay, right?  I'm sure scum doesn't try to steer lynches into townies, ever.  (Yes, I'm being very sarcastic.  Answer the question anyway.)

Now, back to reading walls of text, analyzing walls of text, and planning stuff out.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay.

As far as I can tell, Leafsnail's plan is to use the one-shot kills as an extension of the lynch today.  We, as a group, figure out who to kill, OB uses his one-shot to make sure that everything is used correctly, and a few people use their actions on whoever they want to confirm that OB is telling the truth about his one-shot tomorrow.

I'm somewhat okay with this.  This has been a very productive day and the use of one-shot kills right now prevents scum from using them as LYLO breakers.  And, of course, this plan effectively gives us more lynches before LYLO.  However, I don't really like the rush to kill people with only D1 information.

An extra idea: if we do use all the one-shot kills today, how about we set up two night plans?  One for our lynch target being scum, and one for him not being scum?

Unvote Orangebottle.  He's probably scum, but his claimed one-shot is useful enough and confirmable enough that it's worthwhile to leave him for tomorrow.

-Scum blocks/delays the doctor and bodyguard, then kills me.
OB: And then I announce the name of the person who blocked me.  Yay!

Powder Miner: There is no plan that involves killing three random people.  There is a plan that involves killing three people that we, as a group, decide on during the day based on scumminess during the day, but that's not killing random people.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An extra idea: if we do use all the one-shot kills today, how about we set up two night plans?  One for our lynch target being scum, and one for him not being scum?
Thought about this more.  This isn't a great idea.  Too easy for our lynchee to mess around with if scum, and somewhat chainlynchey.  Also, I can't see resulting discussions/arguments working well at all.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I don't like this plan. It's far too risky that we hit all scum. Reminds me of a chain-lynch too much.

How about we just split the kills over tonight and N2? Much less of a chance for fucking everything up that way and going directly into MYLO.

And Jack A T, what the fuck are you saying? We shouldn't lynch OB even though he's probably scum? A useful ability is not useful if scum has it.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orangebottle: But lynching is okay, right?  I'm sure scum doesn't try to steer lynches into townies, ever.  (Yes, I'm being very sarcastic.  Answer the question anyway.)
Yes, but lynches don't occur four at a time.

OB: And then I announce the name of the person who blocked me.  Yay!
Didn't even notice that. Goddamnit brain.

Powder Miner: There is no plan that involves killing three random people.  There is a plan that involves killing three people that we, as a group, decide on during the day based on scumminess during the day, but that's not killing random people.
You're the only one who's saying that it's solely based on scumminess. Darvi and Leafsnail want it to be based on uselessness as well.

Also, intentionally not replying to posts is two things beginning with S.[ abbr=It's stupid and scummy]Can you guess which?[/abbr]
Hmmm...
Silly and spectacular?
:U
Uh, no? You being lynched is something that was going to happen anyway, so blackmailing town was pretty much the last saving throw you had. Except maybe proper scumhunting, but you wouldn't want that do you.
I've been trying. My attempts have been nothing short of abysmal.
I'll just try harder.

No, he got lynched because he was doing absolutely nothing on D1 but defending himself. His hiding of a resurrect changed nothing, except for NUKE going "told ya it would be useless".
I always fullclaim before being lynched, regardless of how scummy it is.

Well maybe you should l2p first then.
And how do you suggest I do that? I won't be accepted in a beginner's game.
Either that, or I'll become the Beginner's Webadict, to teach scum who their first NK target should be.

Like, how? "Hey guys, we should totally kill webadict(or any townie who is known for their good play and wouldn't be targeted anyway)!"
Exactly how they do with lynches?

Oh look you're doing it again.
I love how you say that I'm scummier for it, but don't say that Leafsnail is, considering he just said he wouldn't acknowledge neither mine nor Powder Miner's posts.

Also, I read PM's post, and he makes a valid point. A major difference between this plan and actually taking the time to lynch these people is that we have less information from killing them.

I don't like this plan. It's far too risky that we hit all scum. Reminds me of a chain-lynch too much.

How about we just split the kills over tonight and N2? Much less of a chance for fucking everything up that way and going directly into MYLO.

And Jack A T, what the fuck are you saying? We shouldn't lynch OB even though he's probably scum? A useful ability is not useful if scum has it.
Interesting.
What made you choose Jack over Leafsnail and Darvi, who are both proposing the exact same thing?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Way to not pay attention fucknuts.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Jack A T
With our current information it might as well be random. And it looks like Leafsnail's definition of scummy/useless appears to be everyone who disagrees with him.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With our current information it might as well be random.
Okay guys, pack in, you heard the man then there's nothing we can do about it then.
And it looks like Leafsnail's definition of scummy/useless appears to be everyone who disagrees with him.
Quote or it didn't happen.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61