Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85962 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D2 - TODO: Witty Reference [11/13]
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2012, 10:22:48 pm »

Because I didn't really care if Darvi died either way at the time. I wanted to know whether he was really a survivor and killing him would be pointless, or if he was something else (i.e. a SK).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2012, 10:51:48 pm »

Because I didn't really care if Darvi died either way at the time. I wanted to know whether he was really a survivor and killing him would be pointless, or if he was something else (i.e. a SK).
ECrown... I am so not in the mood to read anything you post.

Think of it like this:

You have a power that can determine mafia. You have used it on someone that was supposed to be dead. If that person was DEAD, we would have learned the exact same thing. Instead, you wasted a Night that you could have used that one-shot on anyone else. Literally. Anyone else would have been better.

Of course, you're lying.

Ecrown. You made a grave mistake when you re-claimed. You said, and I quote:

Well, my gambit worked. So now it's time to reveal my REAL role.

I am neither a RBer nor a 1-shot killer. I am in fact a Cop, with a 1-shot Role Cop.

I used my 1-shot on Darvi last night, and discovered that he is in fact the Guide Voodoo Doll. However, he is a Serial Killer. When he dies, he turns into the Wall of Flesh, which is Very Bad for us.

So, you were afraid of being killed or blocked.

However, this is your full claim:

Auto - Any night-action that targets me is delayed.
Night action - RB
1-shot - Kill

Why are you afraid of a kill or a roleblock when your Auto ability is that any action that targets you is delayed?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2012, 04:17:48 am »

See?  Absolute scumminess right there.
Uh, I don't.

If ECF was scum, there was no point whatsoever for him to change his claim, knowing that such act will probably get him lynched. The only way that could work is if he indeed inspected Darvi and it turned out he's such a huge danger to scum that they decided to exchange a probability of his lynch (and it won't be even that if ECF flips scum) for the guaranteed lynch of ECF. Well, that or both ECF and Darvi are scum, and Darvi has a very good role. Since the second probability is hilariously unlikely, Darvi's lynch is the way to go.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2012, 04:19:27 am »

See?  Absolute scumminess right there.
Uh, I don't.

If ECF was scum, there was no point whatsoever for him to change his claim, knowing that such act will probably get him lynched. The only way that could work is if he indeed inspected Darvi and it turned out he's such a huge danger to scum that they decided to exchange a probability of his lynch (and it won't be even that if ECF flips scum) for the guaranteed lynch of ECF. Well, that or both ECF and Darvi are scum, and Darvi has a very good role. Since the second probability is hilariously unlikely, Darvi's lynch is the way to go.
Incorrect. If ECF is scum, then he would absolutely need to change his claim.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2012, 10:35:36 am »

Yeah.  Because he claimed to have a kill, and didn't kill last night presumably because he wasn't able to (possibilities - he was too busy killing Orangebottle and hiding the corpse, Orangebottle was eating up the mafiakill with his advanced doppelganger ability).  He clearly tried to dodge having to perform the kill last night by saying he wanted Urist I to do it.  When we gave him that responsibility anyway he was left with nothing to do except change his claim and hope that idiots would believe him because lolRiA.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2012, 11:18:32 am »

Except that if ECF was scum, he'd have easily claimed being blocked. With OB dead there's no one to verify the claim (well, unless he just happened to be tracked, though I don't know whether that detects blocks).

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2012, 11:40:08 am »

I fart in your general direction, English k-niggits!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 22, 2012, 11:41:03 am »

Except that if ECF was scum, he'd have easily claimed being blocked. With OB dead there's no one to verify the claim (well, unless he just happened to be tracked, though I don't know whether that detects blocks).
Nope.  He claimed that his auto-ability would delay any action that happened on him for the night.  Since this is the first night, there is absolutely no outside factor that could prevent him from performing the kill.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2012, 11:49:25 am »

...oh.

I totally forgot about his auto.

ECF.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2012, 12:39:39 pm »

...oh.

I totally forgot about his auto.

ECF.
This is exactly the reason, along with the inability to use two mafiakill abilities at Night, since I'm assuming Orangebottle was mafiakilled in some way.

That is the reason why I only wanted one kill per Night. We can test each killer against the mafiakill. Since any mafia player that claims a kill ability is likely to have that action as a mafiakill, they cannot perform that kill at the same time as the mafiakill. Plus, we can save it for instances such as Darvi, who should be dead.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 22, 2012, 01:12:42 pm »

Let's not forget about what we're doing tonight.  We still have two claimed one shot kills to test, and scumbag Ottofar to kill.  Urist I or Shakerag are both available to kill him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2012, 01:32:52 pm »

Let's not forget about what we're doing tonight.  We still have two claimed one shot kills to test, and scumbag Ottofar to kill.  Urist I or Shakerag are both available to kill him.
You mean Darvi. We're killing Darvi.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2012, 01:34:37 pm »

Why not both?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 22, 2012, 01:45:53 pm »

Why not both?
Because Darvi should have died a long time ago.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 22, 2012, 01:56:57 pm »

This is exactly the reason, along with the inability to use two mafiakill abilities at Night, since I'm assuming Orangebottle was mafiakilled in some way.
Don't forget advanced doppelganger type roles because that looked suspiciously like advanced doppelganger flavour (ie we can't even tell who it was who's been knocked out, and if it's a "role-wiping" advanced doppelganger that would explain why Jack AT's ability suddenly stopped working too.  Actually I'm liking that theory - dopps decided that sacrificing ECrown was worth it if it meant they could remove our perfect alibi system and make Orangebottle not get lynched in the morning).  "Hide the roleflip" mafia roles have never been particularly popular around here, although I guess Think could be trying something new.

I agree that Darvi and Ottofar should be killed as soon as possible after ECrown.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 61