Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101329 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2012, 01:07:28 am »

It's basically a very noticeable day-ending day-vig power.  It doesn't seem that unbalanced.

That's the thing: Leafsnail was "town" (enough) and had a good argument against Dariush.  Dariush has an "inspect" result on Shakerag and a generally scummy demeanor.  If we lynch Dariush, then I think we're guaranteed to hit scum today or tomorrow.

The reason why I'm not voting right now is because a vote anywhere from me would be a vote against Dariush's lynch, and I really want him dead.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (12/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2012, 01:15:25 am »

Hoe could the town not use the ability to unilaterally lynch someone? While I see that it can be dangerous it would most likely be OP in the hands of scum, as it is a lylo/mylo breaker, and you guys hate that, or at least you did. Has that changed? This logic is weak at best.
I'd have considered that if I knew why town would need it to lynch someone when they can just do it with votes. It would make no sense for a town PR to have this oneshot, because a townie would never find a use for it. Scum and third parties have many uses for it, so I believe you are one of the two, especially since you used it to continue your own survival.

Well, please consider this with the assumption that I am a townie for a moment. If I am I KNOW that I am 100% town, okay? Now, anyone else can be scum since we have no "confirmed" town. Therefore the odds of lynching scum are better if I lynch someone at random than if I allow myself to be lynched. Therefore as a townie I decide to lynch at random because there is no point letting a confirmed (to me) townie die when I could take a shot at offing a scum.

Now, you say, what if the person you voted for was town, and was a better player than you, well wouldn't that waste two lynches, rather than just one because everyone would lynch you on the next day? No. Consider who I attempted to lynch. It was Shakerag who has done absolutely nothing of use and has instead distracted others and prevented them from getting anything done. Therefore even if he is town he might as well be scum because he is not finding scum, and is simply a bystander, and as every platitude on bullying has taught us, bystanders are always part of the problem and never part of the solution.

Good night, I should be back in ~12 hours.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (12/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2012, 04:11:59 am »

That's surprising. Who was Leafsnail questioning? IIRC I was his main target, along with Shakerag.
Yay WIFOM.

Dariush: you will respond to Leafsnail's post. His being dead doesn't change anything.
Why did you feel the need to FoS me even though I generally respond to all questions directed to me regardless of whether the asker is alive?

I told scum not to waste a kill on me in hopes that they will waste a kill on me while town will definitely not waste a protect on me. Yay WIFOM for scum.

Or maybe I'm not dying tonight. I dunno. But protecting me is still a bad idea, since it may actually lead to me dying (hint-hint).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 04, 2012, 10:24:07 am »

Zrk2: Now that you've explained your autolynch, would you like to go back and explain why you didn't want to vote Shakerag, or perhaps why you lied about when you voted him?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 04, 2012, 02:50:47 pm »

Zrk2: Now that you've explained your autolynch, would you like to go back and explain why you didn't want to vote Shakerag, or perhaps why you lied about when you voted him?

I've already explained why I didn't vote for him, and in regards to me lying about when I did that was an accident. I'm in the process of moving right now and I must have had to go help with something there. If you look in my post history you'll see no activity between that time except for two short posts in the American Election thread and a LP, then I got back here and changed my vote.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch!
« Reply #275 on: February 04, 2012, 04:39:33 pm »

NativeForeigner Has Replaced Urist_McArathos!

Vector may no longer vote Dariush!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Orangebottle -
Toaster - Dariush,
Zrk2 - Urist Imiknorris, Orangebottle,
Flandre -
Dariush -
NativeForeigner -
Shakerag - Zrk2,
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, NativeForeigner, Bookthras, Flandre, Toaster, Think0028, Vector,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #276 on: February 04, 2012, 04:43:06 pm »

Vector, do you have any thoughts on your inability to vote? If it has to do with your role I suppose we don't need them right now because of the fear of rolefishing, but if you know anything that doesn't reveal your role it would be nice to know.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2012, 05:37:35 pm »

I don't really know, but I suspect it's either a hidden part of my role or someone has a vendetta against me in particular.  Given that it's happened two days in a row, I'm leaning towards the former.

To everyone who isn't voting Dariush (that is, absolutely everyone): why not?  Do you see a hole in my logic?

To refresh your memories, here's the basic idea:

That's the thing: Leafsnail was "town" (enough) and had a good argument against Dariush.  Dariush has an "inspect" result on Shakerag and a generally scummy demeanor.  If we lynch Dariush, then I think we're guaranteed to hit scum today or tomorrow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2012, 07:26:57 pm »

How about we start with Shakerag? I mean Dariush has at least presented a pretense for being town, and has scumhunted, whereas Shakerag has done nothing. Besides, if Dariush is to be believed he will die tonight anyway.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2012, 07:35:12 pm »

His inspect result was on Toaster. The claimed miller.

Actually, Dariush, why did you inspect the claimed miller?

Zrk2, you're off the hook for now.

Orangebottle, you're still not being nearly as aggressive as usual.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2012, 07:38:53 pm »

Because the inspect result seems to have picked up Shakerag's role, the "Something Fun" thinger.  I suspect there was a redirect involved.

In any case, Dariush's claim just keeps on looking more and more suspicious...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2012, 07:42:07 pm »

Reread, and I still want more from Flandre.  There are some questions for you from earlier.

Think:  Why FoS Zrk2 and then not vote anyone?  Who is scum and why?

Bookthras:  Same question to you.

Vector:
To everyone who isn't voting Dariush (that is, absolutely everyone): why not?  Do you see a hole in my logic?

To refresh your memories, here's the basic idea:

You're really drinking the WIFOM here.  Yes, Leaf's argument was sound.  Yes, he was town.  It does not immediately follow that Leaf was right, nor does it preclude the possibility that someone offed Leafsnail to frame Dariush.  It also sets up a chain lynch, which I know you know better than to do.

That's an awfully poor argument for someone who has played as much as you.  Why don't you tell me more as to why you want Dariush lynched?

But you know what?  Jester with a revive-on-lynch is an extremely bastardly role to give someone.  Let's lynch Shakerag again and make sure it sticks.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2012, 07:59:35 pm »

I'm not saying he was right.  I'm saying that everything about Dariush is setting off alarm bells right now.  I thought that someone might have offed Leafsnail to frame Dariush, which is why I went for that attack in the first place (reaction testing).  Town would probably have mentioned framing, or said "no, don't do that, I'm not scum."  Dariush said nothing.  In my experience, that's a very telling sign of scumminess.  Similarly, I don't buy the whole thing where he's claiming that he didn't lurk through D1.  The current Dariush doesn't sound like the Dariush I know at all.

Then there's his inspect on a "known" miller.  Maybe he thought the guy was going to get normal inspection results; I don't know.  It doesn't make much sense, though.

There's his overreaction to an FoS, here:

Dariush: you will respond to Leafsnail's post. His being dead doesn't change anything.
Why did you feel the need to FoS me even though I generally respond to all questions directed to me regardless of whether the asker is alive?

Despite ignoring my question just before, here (the one meant to check and see if he'd bring up framing):

All right, unvote.  I believe Zrk2, especially because my gut was starting to read town near the end of D1.  Dariush, what do you have to say in light of Leafsnail's argumentation and his flipping town?

And, as previously stated, I still agree with what Leafsnail said.

On top of that, I distinguish between a couple of kinds of lynch-chaining.  There's lynch-chaining based on behavior, and lynch-chaining based on inspection data.  The first one is scummy, the second is normal (or so my reads of Paranormal have led me to assume).  Even without the possible information we'd get from inspects, his scumtells still make me want to lynch him.  Additional data is just a bonus.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »

Can I get a quick rundown on what's happening now while I read up on what happened D1?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2012, 10:44:02 pm »

I supervoted Shakerag after he did nothing but people wanted to lynch me instead and he revived. Subsequently I explained everything and now we are discussing the merits of lynching him again or going with someone else.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34