Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101249 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2012, 10:04:45 pm »

Quote from: me
Shakerag:
Quote from: Shakerag
Can we talk about how scummy Leafsnail has been acting now?  Because he doesn't have an excuse.
Attention-deflecting 101 right here.
Yes I asked him a question.

And I did vote back on Shakerag, but because I found his attention-deflecting scummy, not because someone told me to vote for him.
...Oh. I pressed modify instead of quote. Ugh. I ruined the post...

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2012, 10:13:08 pm »

Oh god, I'm sorry but I accidentally edited my post, thinking I was posting a new one.
I just added the content of the post I thought I was making but argh

...good thing you are not panicking, scum.

And no, I don't want you to vote him or not, or someone else, because someone tells you; I want to see whether you are displaying actual scumhunting, or merely a "shouldn't look scummy" façade, like you did with the "OK, I can vote Shakerag now because it's safe" thing.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2012, 11:00:11 pm »

Leafsnail, Vector and Toaster, the inverse, please: your reads on Flandre and the Urists.

Flandre: something smells a little bit off to me about her, though I wonder if part of it isn't a personality thing (she isn't very blunt or super-experienced, and I prefer blunt).  The thing that's giving me the most worries is the mod post business.  However, at the moment she's just on a watch list, because Zrk2 looks more immediately troubling.

Urist A: Posts unacceptably little.  First post calls for massclaim, second post is okay but keeps with the deluded massclaim idea, third post is pretty much contentless.  My verdict is that he needs to post a lot more; he, along with Think, is pretty high on my "people to work on if Zrk doesn't pan out" list.

Urist I: Had a really slow start that looked like active-lurking/forced activity/light bandwagon-hopping, but his recent posts look quite good.  He's tentatively on the town list.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2012, 11:21:10 pm »

Bookthras:
Leafsnail, Vector and Toaster, the inverse, please: your reads on Flandre and the Urists.

Flandre is the current target of my vote.  I didn't like her opener, as detailed here and prior.  I haven't been convinced to change my vote yet- there's no real delivery of the promised content.  What has been posted is weak and waffley.

Urist McA?  Well, given he had three posts with zero content, it was pretty much null to lurktastic.  However, I did notice one thing upon checking back- he unvoted without having ever voted in the first place.  This merits questioning.

Urist I got too tied up with Shakerag early on, but has a solid attack on Zrk2 now.  Read is middling due to insufficient information.

Urist McA:  Why did you unvote without having voted to begin with?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2012, 11:51:27 pm »

Flandre, Urist I, Urist M: what's your read on Leafsnail, Vector and Toaster?
After rereading the thread, I'm getting scum vibes from Leafsnail - he hasn't bothered to remove his randomvote and pretty much stopped scumhunting when Shakerag went insane. Leafsnail: Who do you suspect, for what reasons, and why aren't you voting them?

I'm having difficulty reading Vector. My brain says town and my gut says scum, which tells me I'm probably overlooking something.

Toaster: I don't like his voting the obvjester and his response to Zrk2 here seems a bit buddy-ish, but otherwise I'm getting a town read.

Powder Miner: Why are you being so jumpy with your vote? Also, who else do you suspect?

Toaster:
Urist I got too tied up with Shakerag early on
I did?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2012, 02:27:21 am »

I had voted, according to Webadict's vote count here.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2012, 08:59:41 am »

Urist McA:

Either that count is wrong or you're a secret voter, because you never actually voted for him.

Urist I got too tied up with Shakerag early on
I did?

In the sense that you spent a lot of time playing with his wine bottle, yes.

Now that I look back at the time span, it's really not that bad.  Consider the complaint withdrawn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2012, 10:13:09 am »

You know what would be really funny?  If I was obv-jestering it up like mad, but was secretly a kill-immune PWV. 

Wouldn't that be hilarious?  Well, I think it would be pretty funny.

Also, I may or may not have used a day-inspect on Bookthras, and he may or may not be scum. 

Oh god, I'm sorry but I accidentally edited my post, thinking I was posting a new one.
I just added the content of the post I thought I was making but argh

...good thing you are not panicking, scum.

I'm glad to see my "lessons on keeping calm" in scumchat are being effective.  Thanks for the feedback!

Urist McA:

Either that count is wrong or you're a secret voter, because you never actually voted for him.

Oooh, burrrrnnn!  Are you just going to take that Urist_McA?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2012, 10:15:44 am »

Okay, I'm awake, and glad that today isn't yesterday. Mafia time!

Preparing a post, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2012, 10:40:16 am »

Orangebottle: Suppose that there is a cult, as Shakerag suggests. At what point would you switch from trying to root out scum in general to specifically the cult?
At the point where-
Oh, who am I kidding. I haven't the first clue about fighting a cult. When there haven't been kills for two nights in a row, probably.
Think0028, OrangeBottle: your top three scummy picks, please, with reasons.
Shakerag. Do I really need to list a reason for him? There are so many. It's hard to pick just one.
Zrk2 for trying to force people to answer rolefishing questions.
Leafsnail's been focusing more on shakerag than on scumhunting.

PPE:
Shakerag: No. Just...
No.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2012, 11:35:17 am »

Okay, so, by popular request I am going to post here why I believe that Leafsnail is exhibiting scummy behavior.  So at first Leafsnail is digging into Flandre by trying to hype up a simple, honest, and innocent RVS question as some manner of obfuscated rolefishing question.  Which, really, I think was totally uncalled for here.  I think it's a scummy tactic to take an RVS question and try and blow it up into some big elaborate plan for someone to be cleverly rolefishing from the start of the game.  Now, in this case, Leafsnail would have been better served to have just given an offhand answer were he town, and continue on with the RVS.  But, by trying to make an issue out of it, it smacks of picking an early and easy mislynch target under the guise of the question asker, in this case Flandre, as some manner of rolefishing scum.  Obviously, because scum would want to know who has an overly-powerful role so as that they could kill off that target first (or at least nullify them somehow).  But, really, this is a poor response, because this is webadict we're talking about as the mod, and would you really expect there to be a low overall power level here?  He stated from the start that we should expect this game to be crazy.  And then Leafsnail is going after Toaster about a simple side comment as if it has some big, significant meaning to this game, when, really dude, it was just a side comment.  It's like Leafsnail is flailing about trying to catch someone in his mislynch net early on in the game.  Which is funny, because then he makes a side joke about Darvi being in the game.  Yeah.  Pot, kettle, black there Leafsnail.  But instead of voting Flandre, Leafsnail then voted Dariush on some bullshit meta reason that he's not aggressive enough.  It's the goddamn RVS, Leafsnail.  Maybe he needs time to ramp up the goatfucking engines?  So then Leafsnail gets all snotty defensive against Zrk2 about answering Flandre's question and tries to counter the WIFOM attack against him from Zrk2.  While still not answering the question, because he obviously has something to hide.  Leafsnail softballs a response to Toaster (scumbuddy much maybe?) and keeps poking at Dariush, obviously to set up for a larger attack later.  Because, really, arguing about anything RVS is just grasping for straws at this point.   Leafsnail continues to poke at Dariush about getting the ball rolling, while not getting the ball rolling himself.  It's obvious by this point he's going to be tunneling into Dariush like a dentist in a cavity.  So then after I've been posting for a bit, Leafsnail is trying to position himself as an upstanding townie by telling everyone to ignore what I'm saying.  Which is clever, because if he was a poorer scum player, he'd latch on to the crap I was doing at that point.  But, instead, he sees an opportunity to install in the other players' minds that he's town and looking out for the other townies.  Leafsnail then goes back to Flandre, starting in on some bullshit attack about how he could only know if the game would be decided by powerful roles if he had a powerful role himself.  Which is bullshit, because you could easily come to that conclusion by circumstantial evidence present so far, notably that webadict said that this was going to be a crazy game (which would be hard to do if there were either barely any power roles or very weak power roles).  Whatever Leafsnail's answer would be to Flandre's question, it would be some serious WIFOM to try and draw a conclusion about Leafsnail's power level from said answer.  So then, to further the "look at how townie I can be" point, Leafsnail is calling out to any vigilantes or serial killers who want to pretend to be vigilantes to feel free to kill me.  Way to throw a bone to any potential serial killers as to how to disguise their presence, Leafsnail.  Also, way to put yourself out there telling everyone how you're going to keep the town free from distraction.  Seriously, the only reason to say those things is to improve your appearance, which you seem to be keen on making sure is as close to model townie as possible.  Normal town members don't give as much of a shit about appearance as they do scumhunting, so players overly concerned about image must be trying to portray a false image.  Leafsnail's then getting on Zrk2's case about not following up on voting him, while not following up on his own voting of Dariush!  Maybe you should take your own advice, scumbag.  Moving on then to something about falseclaiming that I'm not sure what the hell he was getting at, and then continuing to pretend he's a goddamn superhero by stepping in and being all hey look at me, I'm identifying threats to the town!  Do what I say and don't vote the obvjester because I'm town!  Dariush picks up on Leafsnail's crap by now.  So then Leafsnail got in one little fight and his mom got scared and said he's moving in with his auntie and unble in bel-air.  He whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror.  If anything he could say that tis cab was rare but he thought nah, forget it yo hom to bel-air.  Leafsnail pulled up to a house about seven or eight and yelled to the cabbie yo homes, smell you later.  He looked at his kingdom he was finally there to sit on his throne as the price of bel-air. Now Leafsnail is back to responding to Zrk2 and continuing on about how all rolefishing is bad, but neglecting to consider that rolefishing would be very beneficial to a doctor role, who could protect a cop if they were rolefished out.  Not to mention that this game is so role heavy anyway, even if you did rolefish someone you have no idea what everyone else has.  Also pictured: Leafsnail subtly accusing Zrk2 of chainsawing.  And then going on about townies not lying which I think is a tired creed by now, because there are plenty of good town roles that would not want to be discovered.  Lying to cover your ass from the scumteam finding out you're a cop or a doc (or really anything else that would hurt/hamper the scumteam) really shouldn't be an issue, in my opinion.  So then we're off to defending ourself against Dariush's vote by trying to cover his obvious self-townie-painting.  Implying you're town doesn't make you scum if you're implying you're town by scumhunting, not just telling people you're town.  God only knows why Leafsnail was almost beliving my lol-worthy gambit back there though.  I propose that he didn't start in on me there just to remain consistant with his previous stance on my actions, and that going after me would make him appear less townlike. 

So, in conclusion, Leafsnail is most certainly scum. 

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2012, 12:19:59 pm »

Think:  Did you really feel compelled to RVS as your first post, even with all the content that's come before, or do you just want to spread Shake's wine around?

Yes, I did feel compelled to RVS as my first post, as I have no bloody clue what's going on. I'm trying to reread the thread and I just see Shakerag wanking everywhere and everyone spazzing out over Flandre for what I believe are rather quite stupid reasons. The signal to noise ratio was so abysmal that I decided fuck it, I'm just gonna try to float some feelers of my own instead of digging through that mess.

Flandre: I have a traumatic memory of a time I was caught on an over-eager reaction to cult, so I'm testing it out as another RVS question, especially since it was contextually appropriate (even if batshit insane).

Vector: While I'd like to say I just have an inconsistent posting schedule, I will concede that I post less as scum then town.

Orangebottle: Fair enough, I was looking more for panic about a theoretical cult than an actual strategy.

Bookthras: Top three scummy picks? I'd have to go with Zrk2, Powder Miner for his panicked reaction to you, Bookthras, and a distant third goes to Urist I for willingly engaging Shakerag, who is at the bare minimum a troll.

Zrk2: Every time I see someone trying to 'play it casual' and encourage everyone to relax and not be srs bsns, it turns out to be me or one of my scumbuddies. There's also the mention that you were seeking to avoid a hammer, which definitely doesn't seem like a townie thing to do considering how you were talking about your previous vote on Leafsnail as a vote to lynch with AND how you were talking about wanting to lynch Shakerag. Why move from someone you're willing to lynch to what can only be a pressure vote if you didn't really want to lynch him?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »

Powder Miner: Why are you being so jumpy with your vote? Also, who else do you suspect?
Because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and am trying to get my bearings right now. I suspect... well really right now I only suspect Shakerag. I haven't been paying much attention.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2012, 04:25:25 pm »

Okay, so, by popular request I am going to post here why I believe that Leafsnail is exhibiting scummy behavior.  So at first Leafsnail is digging into Flandre by trying to hype up a simple, honest, and innocent RVS question as some manner of obfuscated rolefishing question.  Which, really, I think was totally uncalled for here.  I think it's a scummy tactic to take an RVS question and try and blow it up into some big elaborate plan for someone to be cleverly rolefishing from the start of the game.  Now, in this case, Leafsnail would have been better served to have just given an offhand answer were he town, and continue on with the RVS.  But, by trying to make an issue out of it, it smacks of picking an early and easy mislynch target under the guise of the question asker, in this case Flandre, as some manner of rolefishing scum.  Obviously, because scum would want to know who has an overly-powerful role so as that they could kill off that target first (or at least nullify them somehow).  But, really, this is a poor response, because this is webadict we're talking about as the mod, and would you really expect there to be a low overall power level here?  He stated from the start that we should expect this game to be crazy.  And then Leafsnail is going after Toaster about a simple side comment as if it has some big, significant meaning to this game, when, really dude, it was just a side comment.  It's like Leafsnail is flailing about trying to catch someone in his mislynch net early on in the game.  Which is funny, because then he makes a side joke about Darvi being in the game.  Yeah.  Pot, kettle, black there Leafsnail.  But instead of voting Flandre, Leafsnail then voted Dariush on some bullshit meta reason that he's not aggressive enough.  It's the goddamn RVS, Leafsnail.  Maybe he needs time to ramp up the goatfucking engines?  So then Leafsnail gets all snotty defensive against Zrk2 about answering Flandre's question and tries to counter the WIFOM attack against him from Zrk2.  While still not answering the question, because he obviously has something to hide.  Leafsnail softballs a response to Toaster (scumbuddy much maybe?) and keeps poking at Dariush, obviously to set up for a larger attack later.  Because, really, arguing about anything RVS is just grasping for straws at this point.   Leafsnail continues to poke at Dariush about getting the ball rolling, while not getting the ball rolling himself.  It's obvious by this point he's going to be tunneling into Dariush like a dentist in a cavity.  So then after I've been posting for a bit, Leafsnail is trying to position himself as an upstanding townie by telling everyone to ignore what I'm saying.  Which is clever, because if he was a poorer scum player, he'd latch on to the crap I was doing at that point.  But, instead, he sees an opportunity to install in the other players' minds that he's town and looking out for the other townies.  Leafsnail then goes back to Flandre, starting in on some bullshit attack about how he could only know if the game would be decided by powerful roles if he had a powerful role himself.  Which is bullshit, because you could easily come to that conclusion by circumstantial evidence present so far, notably that webadict said that this was going to be a crazy game (which would be hard to do if there were either barely any power roles or very weak power roles).  Whatever Leafsnail's answer would be to Flandre's question, it would be some serious WIFOM to try and draw a conclusion about Leafsnail's power level from said answer.  So then, to further the "look at how townie I can be" point, Leafsnail is calling out to any vigilantes or serial killers who want to pretend to be vigilantes to feel free to kill me.  Way to throw a bone to any potential serial killers as to how to disguise their presence, Leafsnail.  Also, way to put yourself out there telling everyone how you're going to keep the town free from distraction.  Seriously, the only reason to say those things is to improve your appearance, which you seem to be keen on making sure is as close to model townie as possible.  Normal town members don't give as much of a shit about appearance as they do scumhunting, so players overly concerned about image must be trying to portray a false image.  Leafsnail's then getting on Zrk2's case about not following up on voting him, while not following up on his own voting of Dariush!  Maybe you should take your own advice, scumbag.  Moving on then to something about falseclaiming that I'm not sure what the hell he was getting at, and then continuing to pretend he's a goddamn superhero by stepping in and being all hey look at me, I'm identifying threats to the town!  Do what I say and don't vote the obvjester because I'm town!  Dariush picks up on Leafsnail's crap by now.  So then Leafsnail got in one little fight and his mom got scared and said he's moving in with his auntie and unble in bel-air.  He whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror.  If anything he could say that tis cab was rare but he thought nah, forget it yo hom to bel-air.  Leafsnail pulled up to a house about seven or eight and yelled to the cabbie yo homes, smell you later.  He looked at his kingdom he was finally there to sit on his throne as the price of bel-air. Now Leafsnail is back to responding to Zrk2 and continuing on about how all rolefishing is bad, but neglecting to consider that rolefishing would be very beneficial to a doctor role, who could protect a cop if they were rolefished out.  Not to mention that this game is so role heavy anyway, even if you did rolefish someone you have no idea what everyone else has.  Also pictured: Leafsnail subtly accusing Zrk2 of chainsawing.  And then going on about townies not lying which I think is a tired creed by now, because there are plenty of good town roles that would not want to be discovered.  Lying to cover your ass from the scumteam finding out you're a cop or a doc (or really anything else that would hurt/hamper the scumteam) really shouldn't be an issue, in my opinion.  So then we're off to defending ourself against Dariush's vote by trying to cover his obvious self-townie-painting.  Implying you're town doesn't make you scum if you're implying you're town by scumhunting, not just telling people you're town.  God only knows why Leafsnail was almost beliving my lol-worthy gambit back there though.  I propose that he didn't start in on me there just to remain consistant with his previous stance on my actions, and that going after me would make him appear less townlike. 

So, in conclusion, Leafsnail is most certainly scum.
...This is a traumatizing wall of text. And you WoT'ed it on purpose too (as evidenced by the random bel-air stuff what is that)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2012, 04:48:34 pm »

Good day, and welcome to "Flan's Mafia Breakdown"!

I will address each individual in the order they appear on Webadict's tally board, and provide my views and opinions on their play, interaction with others, or lack thereof (whilst being sidetracked by Touhou music)!

Spoiler: Urist Imiknorris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Think0028 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leafsnail (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Orangebottle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zrk2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dariush (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Urist McArathos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shakerag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bookthras (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vector (click to show/hide)

Unvote.
My top three scumpicks are:

-Zrk2
-Urist McArathos
-Powder Miner
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34