Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: A dance of wanderers(waitlist always open, first turn)  (Read 12296 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
A dance of wanderers(waitlist always open, first turn)
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:07:25 am »

OOC

A dance of wanderers

I'm going to give players games a go again. The setting is all of you have appeared in a different place/dimension, not necessary in or from the same place as the others. After that, well there is a plot, but no king/punky girl/bard is going to try and poke you along it, you don't have to stick together and you can be hero or villian.

So what the tech level?

Because of plot reasons, all over the place. Stone age here, space age.

Why did you call it 'A dance of wanderers'?

I got a rough crossover story sitting on my comp(rough=bare bone plan) call the tale of the wanderers with a similar idea.

How do I sign up?

Fill out this(I sense okay turnover so first come, first served. GM reserve the right to ignore the dumb ones like Class:Mary sue)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Six spots then waitlist.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:00:32 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A dance of wanderers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:07:52 am »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:21:17 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:34:52 am »

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 10:33:38 am »

Name:Kuroto Muroto
Gender:Male, slightly bigger, and more aggressive than females of the race.
Race:Murans; A race of highly evolved, almost insectoid quadrupeds with 4 pairs of upper body limbs for use in specific purposes, also weighs several tons, depending on level of maturity.. The 4 limbs Include: Graspers,which are used to grab things. Scythe-like limbs, used to tear apart their prey, and slice through the toughest of fleshy creatures. Pounders, used to crush their prey through even the toughest of both natural and artificial armors. And a Pair of what appears to be a natural attempt at a moveable carapace, which can be manuevered to be used to shield the creature in specific spots of it's body. The Murans possess a thick carapace which allows them to survive even the toughest of blows, and covers the entirity of their body; with humoungous, fleshy wings which allow them to glide or leap short distances. They possess a limited ability to speak and do not possess any magical abilities, although their carapace is slightly magic resistant. They are sometimes prized for the massive horn on the front of their face, directly above a pair of insectoid manidbles designed to crush through carapaces of other creatures. Do not wear any sort of metallic armor, and do not use any sort of weapons.
Class:Eviscerator: Nuff Said. Crush, rips, shreds and ultimately destroys their foes using their natural capabilities.
Appearance:In description of race. All Murans look almost exactly the same except for specific face colorings. His are NAVY. Posesses a deep, guttural voice, and many thin scars on his carapace.
Bio:The thrill of the hunt, as a mature Muran, he hunts for his prey. Although he has been cast out of his pack for slaughtering the leader, he must still roam the Lands for food. Due to a recent drought, he must go farther and farther into Humaoid territory. One unfateful night, he was captured by trappers, to possibly be sold into slavery. Yet the cages were not strong enough for the might of a Muran, he bent the thin metal bars as easily as if they were but splintering wood. Now he is alone, in the lands of People, and their unnatural weapons, and carapaces; to fedn for himself.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:59:19 am by javierpwn »

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 10:38:59 am »

Bio is partially finished, rest is done.

Name: Yattruk
Race: Artificial bear-human hybrid.
Most of the body is the one of bear, however Yattruk enjoys ability to speak and manipulate objects with hands/claws hybrid. They are not as strong as bear ones and not as precise as human are(but not as weak as you would think). Also he won't be good at ranged combat(unless he would get some implants). He poses around human level intelligence however he does gives in easily to instinct.
Class: Tech-Warlock. Hextech As such he will have access to random bits of high-tech knowledge, yet uncomplete and often misleading. Whats more he does have access to dark powers, yet they will be probably limited in strenght in some universes where they do not dwell. Also with growth in power he will face various restrictions and strange effects.
For now he is constantly drawing that power at slow rate. If he will not cast spells for longer periods of time(1 day in his original realm, 7 days in realms low in that power) random effect should manifest.
Description: Reassembling a bear with somewhat humane hands(yet clawed) on long arms, and half human, half bear head with small teeth. His fur is combination of browns and yellows similar in color to ripe wheat fields. That colour comes from parasite fungus. He does rarely wears clothing(with small exception) as its rather problematic to dress in it in first place, and fur gives enough protection from weather but he could wear something like custom fitted shirt or armor if required. He does wear a worn Jaapi hat, and transport stuff in leather bags bound to his back limbs. It might be not most accessible place, but it works somehow.

Bio: Yattruk was spawned by a metal womb in floating fortress of mad warlocks. His early life is barely remember by him thanks to hundreds and hundreds alchemical substances injected in his body, altering his mind in many ways. Yet most of his shattered dark knowledge comes from that period. Actual life begins with fade memory of being worshiped as a god by small primitive tribe, and massacre of it raiders wearing square armor of deep red color. Fleeing from them to safety he found himself hiding in bamboo forest, until he was discovered by puny daemonic merchant who hired Yattruk as guardian and executor. His adventure did not lasted long as in animal fury he smashed and banished spawn to the darkness. For he was in unknown to him parts of world, he had great trouble with gathering food necessary to survive. He managed to find small villages, but due to troubles with communication he was forced into robbing villagers, killing some in process. For that he was called a demon bear. After few months mercenaries group was hired to slay him. Thanks to cunning he managed to get away safely. Wandering without purpose other than survival he met a group of wandering mutants from which some were spawns from floating fortress. Some of them said that fortress was abandoned or destroyed, while others believe that warlocks still perform their experiments messing with mind and bodies of other beings. Deciding to wander with them he filled his time with pillaging, fighting, trading, drinking and worshiping dark creatures. Growing tired of rest of group he abandoned them and went into unknown.

Enklawa odmieńców
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:25:21 pm by Sorcerer Kail »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 10:42:59 am »

Name: Graxel;
Race: Dark elf;
Class: Shadowmaster. Works somewhat like a summoner - he can summon shadows at will (and higher chance of failure the more shadows he currently possesses), have a finite number of them in possession (so the number of shadows can technically replace mana bar, if there's even going to be such a thing here), send them to do various tasks (the efficiency (and loyalty) is directly proportional to the the distance to the caster) and shape them (for example, into weapons made out of da-a-arkness, though most commonly they look like shapeless blobs of the same). No one really knows why they are called shadows, but we're not the ones to go against tradition, are we. Besides, shadowmaster sounds just plain better than darknessmaster.
Description: A tall humanoid with dark-grey skin, an air of mystery, an unhealthy penchant for darkness and murdering people, a black cape, two differently-coloured eyes (one brown, one blank) and a sensible leather armor underneath. Underneath the cape, that is. Though technically under the eyes too.
Bio: Dark elves like to live alone. As alone and as far apart from each other as possible, in fact, only coming together when procreation calls and getting thrown out of their mother's house (because their father was thrown out several months ago, immediatly after the need for said procreation passed) the moment they gain enough skills to feed themselves. Thus, Graxel got into an apprenticeship with a local mage and got thrown out several years in when he was found rummaging through his master's belongings. Unfortunately, he got thrown into a transdimensional rift. Poor Graxel.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:03:02 pm by Dariush »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 10:46:44 am »

Writing up a sheet now. Done

Name: Delan Shessal

Race: Lamia. Half human, half serpentine people. From the waist up, they resemble humans, though with a few key differences. The eyes are vertical slits like a snakes, and they have venomous fangs in their mouth. From the waist down, they possess a long, snake like tail. Lamia are partially cold blooded, and will go into torpor if they get too cold.

Class: Alchemist. Alchemists are skilled with utilizing the chemical and magical properties found in plants, minerals, and liquids, by means of mixing them together into potent potions or poisons. In  fight, they either use potions to increase their or their allies abilities, use poisoned weapons, or sling vials of volatile concoctions at their foes.

Description: Delan 'stands' about five foot and six inches on average, though he can rise above it or sink below it given how he perches on his tail. His upper body has a thin build, and is fair skinned. His eyes are green, and his hair is black, and worn long pulled back in a ponytail. His tail is approximately three times as long as he is tall, being about sixteen feet in length. It bears dark green scales, with a lighter underbelly. There is a diamond pattern that goes down his tail, made from darker scales, almost black in color.

Delan typically wears a well made, long sleeved leather tunic, extending down below the junction of scale and skin. It is belted at the waist with a black leather belt, bearing a silver buckle. The tunic bears lots of pockets and pouches, which Delan keeps stocked with various herbs, plants, seeds, potions, and vials. Additionally, Delan has a pair of sturdy leather gloves, and a set of goggles for when he works with anything that might be poisonous or explosive.

Bio: Delan was the court alchemist in a sprawling kingdom. It was not a position of his choosing, much preferring to be out and about exploring for new reagents and experimenting with them. But he had little say in the matter, as the kingdom had conquered his lamia tribe, and took him away when he discovered his skill. He was little more than a fancy slave, a situation that did not sit well with him. Worse, the king was fond of using him as a poisoner rather than an alchemist.

His chance to escape came, though, when he discovered a fresh batch of reagents contained the rare Riftbane plant. While Riftbane made an adequate poison, it was a little known fact that it could create short lived, unstable portals when mixed with the right ingredients, and heated over a flame. Jumping through a portal to the unknown was dangerous, but Delan felt he'd rather be anywhere rather than here. Grabbing an alchemy kit, he created one such portal and leapt through before it collapsed.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:20:05 am by Fortis »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 11:11:54 am »

Name: Vefox

Race:Cosmotris- small bipedal frog-like amphibians. Their bodies are made of flexible bone that allows them to squeeze through small spaces and escape from danger. This species relies on their intelligence and their affinity for technology instead of brawn.

Class: Technomancer- he has a great affinity for technology, he often can understand and often improve any type of technology he can get his hand on.

Description: He has 4 toes on each foot, and 4 fingers on each hand. He has a thin build which is average for his species and yellow eyes.

Bio: He was crazy and often push the boundaries of science but this often interfered with his species' laws. This caused him to be imprisoned numerous times but he was often released due to a shadow group's influenced on the government. This shadow group often found him useful and often employed him in their scientific ventures. The shadow group soon started to realize that he was often pushing to far for their liking in the scientific field of dimensional travel. They were going to shut him down due to the increase of foriegn particles and some times extra-dimensional creatures that leaked into his universe. But these creatures often disintegrated as soon as they entered into his reality. One day right before they shut down the research facility, a explosion happened causing the research facility along with Verfox to disappear.

Some of the Laws Broken:

Caused a Sun in Beta-217 cluster(remote cluster which has barely any life) to prematurely Super Nova due to experimentation
(Law broken- vandalizing and destroying a sun)

Try to improve an Smart AI Ranar in order to bring about another technological singularity but failed causing the AI to sacrifice itself in order to protect others. (Law broken- he was proven guilty of murdering an Synthetic Intelligence)

Tried to implode a black hole in remote part of a galaxy in order to see what will happen to the fabric of space.
(Law broken- Destroyed part of galaxy rendering FTL unreliable that part of the galaxy)

Tried to prove his thesis that lower technological society can handle higher tech being given to them.
(Law broken- interference of lower technological society and destruction of those society because of that interference)

e-Democracy of the Cosmos

This society spans galaxies and some artificially created pocket dimensions. Its' technology will probably considered magic to races outside of this society. But when a new civilization is discovered by the e-Democracy of the Cosmos it is often put under the watchful eye of an overseer. These overseers are trans-sentient beings that are responsible in keeping these young civilization from being influenced by their own civilization. But in recent years the e-Democracy of the Cosmos has fallen into stagnation(similar to the Q Continuum). The citizens pointlessly debate on useless topics instead focusing their time and energy in inventing new technologies/ideas. This is where the shadow group comes in.

Shadow Group

This is group made of various synthetic and organic individual who is sick and disappointed on how their society has fallen into this stagnation. Their main goal is trying to kick start their society into the golden age of innovation and inventing just like the last age was. How they are going to do this is either bring about a another technological singularity or create something that can change the society for the better.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:52:31 pm by jaass »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 11:19:45 am »

Guess that puts me top of the waitlist then. I'll do the sheet tonight.

Spoiler: StormHunters (click to show/hide)

Squad Characters.
Spoiler: Smiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BlindShot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bloody (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FireBall (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:12:24 pm by Brood »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 11:26:10 am »

PTW. I might make a sheet later on.
Edit:
Spoiler:  Tara Alquiar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:54:34 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 11:32:18 am »

PTW, if possible i'd like to go on the waitlist

Arika the Rabbit-gunslinger

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:32:19 pm by Mlamlah »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 11:43:48 am »

Waitlist sheet!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:10:22 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 11:44:43 am »

Do we have to be humanoid? Because i have a sort of abomination of nature that has been sitting in my back pocket for a while.
Also:RESERVED
As long as you describe it and it remain mostly on the physical plane, it allowed.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 12:16:11 pm »

Good, i had my fun writing that. For some reason i imagine it to be an Ultralisk with many more arms, and wings. and movable shields.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:18:36 pm by javierpwn »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 12:31:39 pm »

That thing isn't gonna try and eat us all right off the bat, is it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13