Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - RP Edition - Game Over - Werewolf Victory  (Read 57219 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - RP Edition - Day 1 - The Inn of Destiny
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2011, 04:21:56 pm »

Jack takes a deep breath, and decides it would be best if he started with someone he already knew in passing.  He walks over to Pandar.

"Good morning, sir.  Do you have any idea which of us could be the killers?  Or, alternatively, how you may expect these killers to behave?"

Jack squirms nervously.  Hey, if he found the killers, maybe they wouldn't find him...

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2011, 04:26:08 pm »

A ghostly messenger walks through the wall into the tavern, unrolls a large pergamin, and announces:
LurkerTracker®
"Come, Watson, come!" he cried. "The game is afoot. Not a word! Into your clothes and come!"  -- Sherlock Holmes

Akhier the Dragon hearted has 26 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26]
Book has 17 posts; the last 18 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17]
Darvi has 4 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4]
Jokerman-EXE has 8 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]
Leafsnail has 7 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
Mysteriousbluepuppet has 2 posts; the last 89 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2]
NativeForeigner has 3 posts; the last 21 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3]
Pandarsenic has 5 posts; the last 13 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5]
SaintDraze has 25 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25]
Toaster has 8 posts; the last 3 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]

Moe-derator has 10 posts; the last 18 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
Nonplayer has 6 posts; the last 18 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6]

Moderator: please prod Mysteriousbluepuppet. They haven't posted in over 36 hours.

Having said his piece, the ghostly messenger turns around, and vanishes without another word.

Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2011, 04:31:39 pm »

OOC: Hmmm... I think the "Moe-derator" thing is a funny bit, but for the next one I'll be careful and note posts by "Thrakor" and "Jack", rather than "Toaster" and "Leafsnail" and so on... Should have thought of that earlier. If I could edit posts, I'd go back and re-do it. Oh well.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2011, 04:43:50 pm »

((I just realized that this can't really be a rp without the gm rping too.
and since out of the eleven people stuck in the inn are players that leaves Meph's character being moe
!#@%#$!@#$1ing #@!%#!@$!@ I got ninjaed.... Or did I just pass over a post mentioning that meph is moe?
))

Steve pauses in his staring to talk to the note boy"although you have help me communicate, so that I can defend myself, Do not believe that I will hesitate to expose you if you are one of the monsters plaguing this town...

I ask you, too, a question:
As night falls, most will go to sleep...
If you were to stay up,what person would you watch as he sleeps?
A pair of eyes can be all the difference between Peaceful sleep and a final rest as the Abbot always said...

As I am speaking now I shall ask further questions...

Alemonger!((Akhier))
You may have not played this..."Meurder Miesierie" before...
But you remind me of an alchemist I knew long ago, that the people from my town would flock to in place of worshiping at our swine shrines...
Until he mixed up the labels for soothing mountain wolf marrow and Lead arsenic, that is.
He claimed that one of his several apprentices kept switching them up..."
Steve pauses dramatically before continuing.
"Right up until he was lynched with his small intestines by childless widows."
Steve said darkly as he continued with his Horrible Tale.
"As for his hired help, They went insane trying to find out if he was telling the truth, and if so, who would have done it?
That said, what would you do to stop such a situation from happening?"
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2011, 04:46:38 pm »

((Yes, the innkeeper is pretty much me. Although you're free to have him give you drinks or whatnot. I'll only RP him during votecounts and day beginning/ending stuff.))
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2011, 04:49:47 pm »

((Whoops I forgot to say who the note boy was..It's Darvi))

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2011, 04:52:26 pm »

"Hahahaha, If I was good enough a alchemist to
posion a person I have never met would I have would
not be in this town, I have been cooking all our meals
and we have all eaten the same things here, Jack has
made sure of that with his always eating only after
someone else has eaten something...

Wait now that I think about it, YOU have not had any
of our food, not a single bite...
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2011, 05:09:12 pm »

steve looks ahead sternly
"I ate last week."
His stomach growls rather audibly
"I am forbidden to eat anything that is not made with bacon.
Anything."
He said solemnly

" I am not asking about the possibility of poisoning going on though...
What I am asking though is what it may bring...
Hypothetical conundrums spiral into themselves Ad infinitive, mass chaos, confusion.... Havoc.
How is one to deal with the frustratingly paralyzing thought that the bacony cream in front of you is in fact Adder venom?
How would you deal with such a situation if it arises?"

"The last thing we need is a panicking chemist thinking that someone scrambled his ingredients..."

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2011, 05:26:36 pm »

OOC: SaintDraze:
((I just realized that this can't really be a rp without the gm rping too. and since out of the eleven people stuck in the inn are players that leaves Meph's character being moe !#@%#$!@#$1ing #@!%#!@$!@ I got ninjaed.... Or did I just pass over a post mentioning that meph is moe?))

Yes, you did. This one:
Moe was an old adventuring-party fellow of [Book's], with extensive knowledge of alchemy, chemistry, weaponry, and stealth, as well as dealings with beings from other planes of existence ("Moe Phansteras" some called him then)... but we don't discuss this in public; Moe's pleasant everyman face and demeanor make bartending the perfect work for him, allowing him to keep an eye on the town without raising eyebrows.

I half-expected him to object to my describing him, and left a door open for that in a recent OOC comment from me, but he seems to be OK with it. I think Moe is a good fit for him, but he can choose to use it or not or do whatever he likes (he is the Universe, after all). But unless I hear otherwise, I'm assuming Moe runs this place in its entirety, and we players can have non-relevant conversations with him, up to and including Karaoke, drinks, or whimsical commentary. But I'd stay away from game-affecting things if I were you.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »

OOC:Of course Moe is the Mod. For one thing Moe
and Mod are one letter away, for another Moe is the owner
of an Inn that sells food who used to be an adventurer. So to sum up what
that means, he is a Shopkeeper and a retired
Adventurer
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2011, 08:51:35 pm »

OOC:
((Yes, the innkeeper is pretty much me. Although you're free to have him give you drinks or whatnot. I'll only RP him during votecounts and day beginning/ending stuff.))

Not my place to say, but as ultimate arbiter you may want to clarify: There's a Tavern, and there's an Inn. Are they the same? You called Moe the innkeeper, where he had been the bartender or publican. Is it one and the same establishment/building? But then were is Akhier's kitchen? Has he none? I assumed it was Moe's, but when he showed confusion about his employer, I mentioned "Mrs. Miggins' Pie Shop and Inn" next door. It's likely they are the same, as Inns/Pubs/Taverns were up to a point exchangeable terms for places to eat, talk, drink, sleep and so on, but if distinguished, you meet & drink at the Tavern, eat and sleep at the Inn, different buildings, owners, management structures or whatnot... Is there one building (tavern) with drinks and maybe a bit or food, sleep-on-the-floor deal, or two adjacent buildings one of which is where we are and drinks/stools are provided, the other were there's food, beddings and the like? If two, is Moe the master of both? Is Mrs. Miggins employed by him, independent or non-existent?

Your patrons are just trying to form a clear, consistent image of their surroundings... Is there one or two buildings? One or two NPC owners? Are there beds, restrooms, three squares a day? Enough room to stand without going crazy about people being on top of each other? Regardless of the ongoing murders, should we be preoccupied about our ongoing basic physiological needs for the next few days? Is there enough bacon in Moe's stores to keep the monk from becoming cannibal? Enough alcohol & tobacco to prevent Book or Native's suited guy from turning berserk/suicidal? Can Pandar access his TARDIS (or whatever) storage compartment? Can I use my auxiliary brain to phone the University?

[/OOC]...but maybe I'm overthinking it. Book perks up on his seat, gauging his surroundings. A whole family, murdered? Here? This is worse than he expected... who could have done such a thing? He can't seem to get his head around it, but acquiring information is the first step towards wisdom... He straightens himself and calls "Jack, what do you make of the recent news? You're a perceptive young man, so tell me: if Osiris was guilty of this, who do you think he'd have chosen as partner? Or if Akhier had done it, who would he have chosen?"

Book sighed, by now his composure regained, tried to get a hold of the situation around him. He walks over to Pandar, and asks him "Excuse me, sir, but I think you have knowledge about these affairs. Based on your temporal knowledge, please tell me the best way you would have used to commit crimes like these."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2011, 08:57:34 pm »

((Moe does many things and owns several buildings. The Tavern and Inn are in the same compound, with plenty of room for all of you plus a good deal more. The town does get large numbers of visitors occasionally, after all. Mrs. Miggins is employed by Moe and generally runs pie shop and kitchen for the Inn. Since his name is on the tavern he let her have her name on the Inn. There is plenty of food and drink of all sorts. Enough that even if you all gorged yourself each day you wouldn't be able to run through his supplies. And, yes, there is plenty of bacon.))

Moe brings out a blackboard and some chalk and starts to write up a tally board. "Well, whenever you guys decide to start voting or whatever I've got this to keep track of who votes what. Kinda empty right now, of course. But no hurry. Wouldn't want you guys to condemn the wrong man."
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2011, 09:03:25 pm »

Your patrons are just trying to form a clear, consistent image of their surroundings...
((I am quite sick of not knowing what the $#!$@ anything looks like...
Mind if I attempt to create a clearer scene Meph?))

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2011, 09:04:27 pm »

But then were is Akhier's kitchen? Has he none? I assumed it was Moe's, but when he showed confusion about his employer, I mentioned "Mrs. Miggins' Pie Shop and Inn" next door. It's likely they are the same, as Inns/Pubs/Taverns were up to a point exchangeable terms for places to eat, talk, drink, sleep and so on, but if distinguished, you meet & drink at the Tavern, eat and sleep at the Inn, different buildings, owners, management structures or whatnot... Is there one building (tavern) with drinks and maybe a bit or food, sleep-on-the-floor deal, or two adjacent buildings one of which is where we are and drinks/stools are provided, the other were there's food, beddings and the like? If two, is Moe the master of both? Is Mrs. Miggins employed by him, independent or non-existent?
OOC:I can answer the kitchen conundrum. I am cooking in the Inn's kitchen which is between the Tavern and the Inn and attached to both. Moe showed confusion because he did not hire me. I tried to get a few months a number of meals for free by skipping town but he was faster then me. I work for him in the sense that I owe him money and have nowhere else to stay having no money. Because of all the Brouhaha though Mrs. Miggins who has excitable nerves was allowed to go home so I run the kitchens at the moment.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2011, 09:10:30 pm »

The Scene:

The Inn and Tavern make a square complex with a large inner courtyard. The courtyard has a well, several fruit trees, and a small garden off to one side. One edge of the Courtyard is a tall fence, one edge is the Stables. The Inn and Tavern make up the next two sides and are connected by the kitchen at one corner.

The Tavern is large with many tables. The floor is hardwood and generally kept quite clean. It has a bar at one end with stairs leading down to the cellar and a door leading to the kitchen. The inn has a small eating/sitting area and is mostly devoted to rooms of varying size and quality. At the back of the inn is a well furnished bath house and other such amenities.

All exits outside the complex seem to be magically sealed. Even attempts to climb over the fence have failed utterly.

Currently all of you are sitting in the Tavern.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24